Texas Fishing Forum

Spring break and Tawakoni

Posted By: RonH

Spring break and Tawakoni - 03/11/20 12:21 PM

Now that the tournament is over and I'm going to be down there next week staying at the state park. Any tips or ideals for eater cats? We will have a boat with us.
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Spring break and Tawakoni - 03/12/20 03:09 AM

Target wind blown banks with warmer water with fresh caught shad. It’s guaranteed! Lol
Posted By: Fishing natural

Re: Spring break and Tawakoni - 03/12/20 05:36 PM

Yall think the spawn is already kicking up with this warm weather?
Posted By: lovetofish10

Re: Spring break and Tawakoni - 03/15/20 02:30 PM

I would say no on the spawn. With the water temp being in the mid 50's reported on Tawakoni the fish will be staging but not spawning.
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Spring break and Tawakoni - 03/16/20 02:42 AM

The time around spring break is generally a sure bet for eater sized blue catfish on Lake Tawakoni.

Fish have moved up in shallow water but not all shallow water is holding fish. Spend some time on your side imaging until u find the herds your looking for.

2 days ago we had a 3 hour window between storms and was able to get Lee and his grand kids from New Mexico on a hot bite before we got ran off the lake.

Fresh small pieces of shad are the ticket.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Spring break and Tawakoni - 03/16/20 02:52 AM

Nice haul Mike. My side image is malfunctioning and I just can’t get excited about fishing blind. Sent my Helix 12 g2n back to factory this morning. $430 repair and should get it back in a few weeks. Not too happy with humminbird I gotta admit but my Helix sure can find them fish.
Posted By: Fishing natural

Re: Spring break and Tawakoni - 03/18/20 04:29 AM

Gonna head out to tawakoni tomorrow with some friends wish us luck!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum