Texas Fishing Forum

Aged Stubbys

Posted By: FishinTime

Aged Stubbys - 03/07/20 03:04 AM

Bought Stubbys over two years ago and froze it for 6 months. After we moved in Aug. 2018 the 2 unopened containers still in the priority mail box went into the refrigerator. Due to work and some medical stuff it never got opened or used. Spring is here and I’m wondering what to expect when I open it lol. It’s still in the refrigerator. I know I’ll take it outdoors.
Anyone ever had any unopened Stubbys that was 2 years old?
Posted By: HumanSeine

Re: Aged Stubbys - 03/07/20 03:08 AM

I would fish with it and I probably have couple of containers with bait in my boat that is five years old. I had some Stubbys turned black And yes it did catch fish. It is the best channel catfish bait that I know of and I have tried them all from cj to hog brains. I explain it this way: when fish are biting everything works but when it is tough Stubbys still catches them. I don’t get paid by stubby but I pay for many containers of his bait. If you really want a treat buy one of his custom made rods. The rods makes a difference in numbers of fish caught. Yes I have made believers from my loomis friends with my stubby rod. Now stubby has honed his way of fishing and he does not miss a detail. He uses the sharpest hooks, best braid and yes the best bait and yes his customers enjoy those 25 fish limits they catch every trip. Stubby does not play when it comes to fishing and he most often guarantees a limit to his customers. I don’t know another guide that does that. He cleans thousands of fish every year for his customers and travels to various lakes to make sure his formula is not just a fork bait. I have used his bait all over Texas and yes Oklahoma and it works!
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Aged Stubbys - 03/07/20 01:45 PM

I’d definitely use it!
I wouldn’t expect it to have changed color either. Though you may need to stir it up before using. Oxygen, heat and time seem to be the constant reason my jars go dark. However, it’s still good and I use every bit of it. thumb
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Aged Stubbys - 03/07/20 05:23 PM

[Linked Image]
This was one of several I caught on bait that was a little over a year old yesterday. It may be a little darker than normal, but that has no bearing on it catching fish.

Re: Aged Stubbys - 03/07/20 08:30 PM

Good to know. Thanks guys!!

Re: Aged Stubbys - 03/07/20 09:10 PM

If you have questions or trouble, Call Stubby 817-366-5492 or myself at 903-987-2315. We are always available for help

Re: Aged Stubbys - 03/07/20 10:24 PM

Ty sir.

Re: Aged Stubbys - 03/08/20 05:04 AM

Welcome
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Aged Stubbys - 03/08/20 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by FishinTime
Bought Stubbys over two years ago and froze it for 6 months. After we moved in Aug. 2018 the 2 unopened containers still in the priority mail box went into the refrigerator. Due to work and some medical stuff it never got opened or used. Spring is here and I’m wondering what to expect when I open it lol. It’s still in the refrigerator. I know I’ll take it outdoors.
Anyone ever had any unopened Stubbys that was 2 years old?
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Aged Stubbys - 03/08/20 08:19 PM

Us it it ok any questions call me .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum