Texas Fishing Forum

Kinda hard to go fishing

Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Kinda hard to go fishing - 02/10/20 09:32 PM

When G Dam is releasing over two million gallons a minute. The parking lots on both sides below the dam are underwater. Last year beat a 100 year old flood record, this year is on track to beat that one.

Posted By: taterpop

Re: Kinda hard to go fishing - 02/11/20 02:50 AM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Kinda hard to go fishing - 02/11/20 04:41 AM

That's a lot of water! eeks
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Kinda hard to go fishing - 02/11/20 10:03 PM

Hard to get closer, but notice how the level of Lake Wheeler is almost equal to the level of Lake Guntersville with water going through the gates. Dumping as fast as the TVA will allow. We are predicted to get a major storm tomorrow around 7pm.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lurenthewind

Re: Kinda hard to go fishing - 02/12/20 01:02 AM

I live close to Lake Lavon in Texas. This is the only lake I know of that had all the ramps closed for low water and high water in the same summer.

It's down 4' or so right now but most of the ramps are still accessible. It has been raining off and on for a couple of weeks, probably 3" total, so not enough to help. I wish we had half of what you have and you had the other half.

Wayne
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Kinda hard to go fishing - 02/12/20 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by lurenthewind
I live close to Lake Lavon in Texas. This is the only lake I know of that had all the ramps closed for low water and high water in the same summer.

It's down 4' or so right now but most of the ramps are still accessible. It has been raining off and on for a couple of weeks, probably 3" total, so not enough to help. I wish we had half of what you have and you had the other half.

Wayne

Lavon is only Down less than a foot and a half! Looks like with these storms coming in... right on time! Dam fishing should be good
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Kinda hard to go fishing - 02/12/20 03:50 AM

OMG That is a LOT of water!
Posted By: lurenthewind

Re: Kinda hard to go fishing - 02/12/20 04:02 PM

Good news that Lavon has come up that much. Last time I looked it was way down. It didn't look like it had come up that much when I drove by last Saturday.

I had three inches of rain in my rain gauge this morning and it has been raining all morning, so Lavon may be close to filling up again when this is over.

Wayne
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum