Texas Fishing Forum

What about this easy rig setup?

Posted By: Catfanman

What about this easy rig setup? - 02/09/20 05:59 PM

I saw something on YouTube from muddy river catfishing so I decided to try it although I have not used it yet but instead of the clip he used I used a barrel snap swivel. that way I can switch from a circle hook rig to a single drop rig if I want to with out cutting my line and retying every thing again . [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jettyrat

Re: What about this easy rig setup? - 02/09/20 06:57 PM

My opinion, it would work for eater size fish but I still would not go that route. Swivel on end of main line, large loop knot tied in the leader end and loop through the swivel would be better, I would just take the time to tie a proper knot from leader to swivel, it does not take long. Use the pictured rig for LARGE fish and you have a higher chance of loosing those fish.
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: What about this easy rig setup? - 02/09/20 10:33 PM

It should work fine for eaters. The snap is a weak link, though you may never have one fail on you. Personally, seeing that much hardware in line makes me cringe.
Consider that the leader takes a lot of abuse. I wouldn't be shy about replacing it often--1-2 minutes tops, to replace.
Posted By: spazm09

Re: What about this easy rig setup? - 02/14/20 05:56 PM

I will never again use a snap swivel. Even if I'm fishing for little fish, never know when something big will bite and I hate loosing ANY fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum