Texas Fishing Forum

Redemption...Lewisville 2-6

Posted By: šŸ€El Gato AzulšŸ€

Redemption...Lewisville 2-6 - 02/06/20 05:19 PM

Got my trolling motor and bird back from the shop yesterday. Got out this morning looking for some redemption...flood gates have been wide open which really scatters the fish but you canā€™t catch em if ya donā€™t go. Bait was not easy and I had to throw 6-8 times in 40ft to get good bait. Everything was scattered. Started out pulling boards in 30 ft. Took an hour before I got my first bite but it was a good one..first fish of day 33 lbs. Went across a submerged pond an hour later and a planer goes down hard. i jumped on the rod and started bringing her in and the line tension goes slack and I figure sheā€™s come unbuttoned. A few loud curse words later and I realize my line is moving parallel with the boat. Fish on! Got her up close to the boat and she started doing the Blue Cat tango and swam around the front of the boat wrapping up in the dang trolling motor. I got the Motor turned off and the fish in the net. I had to stow the trolling motor at the same time I lifted the fish out. Boom! 29 lbr that looked like I drug it behind my truck...What a battle!

The agony of defeat is painful but victory is oh so sweet! You might hear other anglers complain when they only catch 2 fish but anytime I get one over 20 lbs on my boat is a blessing and a good day! texas cowboy texas

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: K.G

Re: Redemption...Lewisville 2-6 - 02/06/20 05:30 PM

thumb
Posted By: DEWAYNE BULLARD

Re: Redemption...Lewisville 2-6 - 02/06/20 05:34 PM

Amen Nice job , those of us who only get to fish one day a week at most are happy to catch a fish or two over 20 pounds.
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Redemption...Lewisville 2-6 - 02/06/20 07:37 PM

Redemption is oh so sweet. Good job bud. I am still licking my wounds from last trip, kind of got me thinking I don't know how to catch fish.
Posted By: šŸ€El Gato AzulšŸ€

Re: Redemption...Lewisville 2-6 - 02/06/20 08:11 PM

Thanks amigos! cheers I still get excited when I hang one over 20 Dewayne. Makes me feel like a kid again. We all take a skunkn from time to time Matt even the most experienced anglers, most guys just donā€™t like tell you about it! Lol...Iā€™ve left the lake many of trips wondering what the heck just happened. Some days itā€™s the weather, some days itā€™s your equipment, and some days itā€™s you. Itā€™s all part of the game...Blue Catn ainā€™t easy and trophy Blue Catn is even tougher. Best thing to do if you get smoked is to get back out there ASAP and put some slime on the boat... 2cents
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Redemption...Lewisville 2-6 - 02/06/20 08:21 PM

You're are one bad dude. Enjoy reading your posts.
Posted By: J Lowe

Re: Redemption...Lewisville 2-6 - 02/07/20 12:20 AM

I donā€™t post much these days, but I do check in from time to time and I like seeing your reports! You and I fish a lot the same.
Keep it up brotha!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Redemption...Lewisville 2-6 - 02/07/20 03:17 AM

Solid post and fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Redemption...Lewisville 2-6 - 02/07/20 03:24 AM

Woo Hooo! woot thumb
Posted By: BigPoppa007

Re: Redemption...Lewisville 2-6 - 02/07/20 06:29 AM

thumb
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Redemption...Lewisville 2-6 - 02/07/20 05:21 PM

Impressive!
Posted By: Robby E

Re: Redemption...Lewisville 2-6 - 02/07/20 06:24 PM

Heck Yeah! Good to see them on Lewisville.
Posted By: Littlefeather

Re: Redemption...Lewisville 2-6 - 02/07/20 10:49 PM

Good job! Way to stay after um! thumb
Posted By: pop r

Re: Redemption...Lewisville 2-6 - 02/10/20 01:28 AM

cheers Yes Sir!
Posted By: KillrB

Re: Redemption...Lewisville 2-6 - 02/11/20 01:46 AM

Nice!!!!
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Redemption...Lewisville 2-6 - 02/11/20 02:43 PM

Great job on the redemption Sir!!...haven't fished that area in quite some time thumb
Posted By: Dan90210 ā˜®

Re: Redemption...Lewisville 2-6 - 02/11/20 04:51 PM

KILLER!

Have not been able to get out on the yak on the Lew in some time. Want to get back out there and get a sleigh ride!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum