Texas Fishing Forum

Does this fish?

Posted By: Littlefeather

Does this fish? - 01/14/20 11:37 PM

I had to do my own photography today and now I’m wondering, does this fish make my arce look skinny? Lol! It’s that time for toad fish! All fish over 10# caught in 24’-30’ fow on top of channel ledges. Water temp 52. Get um while they are hot fella’s! [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fish weighed 44# on uncertified scale. Even if the scale was 7# wrong it still broke the lake record of 36#. I took a pic and waved goodbye. Didn’t want to quit fishing. I intentionally didn’t name the lake.. solitude is therapeutic! Good luck everyone!
Posted By: BigPoppa007

Re: Does this fish? - 01/15/20 12:28 AM

thumb
Posted By: DEWAYNE BULLARD

Re: Does this fish? - 01/15/20 01:30 AM

Great fish Wtg.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Does this fish? - 01/15/20 02:48 AM

Looks like a hog congratulations little feather keep them coming
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Does this fish? - 01/15/20 03:26 AM

cheers
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Does this fish? - 01/15/20 04:05 AM

Nice fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Does this fish? - 01/15/20 12:26 PM

Nice work you ol pirate! Your on fire last couple of trips! flame

Re: Does this fish? - 01/15/20 03:31 PM

Not even gonna tell em the lake?? That’s good stuff right there Curtis! I don’t generally get boats fishing my areas in the winter on Lewisville unless it’s one of my buddies and Im the one that told them where I been catching. I don’t post my spots on the forum but there are still a ton of Sherlocks inspecting the photos for recognizable shoreline features. I will tell just about anybody that asks me privately exactly where I been catching. When I fish during the week I’m usually the only boat around. Springtime is a different story though. A lot of guys use my boat as a fish finder soon as the weather warms up. Used to chap my hide but your actually the one who told me that those guys were just wanting to catch some fish and that I should take them following us as a badge of honor. Keep up the good work amigo! Wife leaves town Feb 1-6 so let’s get us a trophy trip planned. Need to put my buddy Kyle on some 50lbrs! texas

Re: Does this fish? - 01/15/20 04:14 PM

Thanks fella’s!
You’re on fire too Chris! Hoping for decent fishing Feb 1-6! Really enjoying this season so far but I’m hunting a new PB.
I enjoy sharing info and helping guys any way I can but it completely ruined my fishing on my home lake. I enjoy the stress free solitude of being able to fish without having boats following my every move, slamming hatches, yelling and being simple beer can chunkin lake googans! . Happy to teach my limited tools but getting guys to go and use those tools and learn is much harder than simply following me to wherever I took the time to find fish. I’m still learning every trip and have learned from the tools others have shown me. It harder to learn to use tools than it is to just follow the leader. Believe me, I’m humbled to have someone think I know where fish are but tired of being an unpaid guide for the guides on my home lake.
I’ve never failed to share info when PM’d and have taken everyone that’s asked to go fishing free of charge. After all, guys have and still do share info w me. They’ve taken time to share tactics and tips to make me better! Not one of those guys has ever seen me pot licking their spots although they may see me tweeting tactics in their direction. It’s a respectful evolution and I’m still a grasshopper grasping at the pebble in the clinched fist. It’s a humbling road to travel. Carry on fella’s! Good luck fishing and thanks for your posts! thumb

Re: Does this fish? - 01/15/20 05:08 PM

Hey watch it buster! I been know to chug a beer from time to time! Also, If your fishing within 1 mile of me your gonna know it when I’m catching big fish cuz I will hoot and hollar with the best of em! There is a guide on my lake (who I won’t name) that is one of the biggest pot lickers I’ve ever seen. Last time he txt me whining about how poor the fishing is on Lewisville and that his customers hadn’t even had a bite in 4 hrs of fishing. I sent him the spot I had been catching and he proceeded to fill the boat with fish. Not even an I appreciate the tip or a thank you. I actually had to txt the guy back to find out how they did! I heard from my other guide buddy that he saw the pot licker fishing that area for a week straight. Some people just don’t know how to act!
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Does this fish? - 01/15/20 06:33 PM

Great Job Sir!!!...Hey by the way where'd you catch th-oops I forgot!!!....Hahaha hammer
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: Does this fish? - 01/15/20 06:37 PM

cheers nice fish!
Posted By: pop r

Re: Does this fish? - 01/16/20 12:52 AM

cheers Well done!
Posted By: mjmetro0719

Re: Does this fish? - 01/16/20 01:43 AM

That’s a nice fish Curtis! Looking forward to fishing with you in the near future!

Re: Does this fish? - 01/16/20 06:44 PM

I look forward to that trip Mike! You fish different than I do and I look forward to earning a few more tools for the arsenal.
Thanks again guys!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum