Texas Fishing Forum

Central TX Blues

Posted By: D.D.R.

Central TX Blues - 12/19/19 03:23 PM

Went out yesterday with little feather and boated some decent fish in central TX from 12# to 32#. Probably would’ve had a new lake record but a hog came unbuttoned on my padna. All fish caught were in less than 30 fow. All in all a fun and productive trip!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: texasggm

Re: Central TX Blues - 12/19/19 03:30 PM

Central Texas? What lake? Nice fish, great job....
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Central TX Blues - 12/19/19 03:31 PM

That’s lake Brownwood. Nice work fellas. Somebody’s Bluecatn game has really ramped up! Can you teach me your tricks Curtis? cheers texas
Posted By: mjmetro0719

Re: Central TX Blues - 12/19/19 09:37 PM

Nice work! If those were caught on lake Brownwood that is fantastic! When I grew up there they didn’t have any bluecats stocked in that lake but I’ve heard in the past several years that they have been showing up. That is a beautiful lake. I’ve also heard that Lake Proctor also has some nice bluecats as well which is not far from Brownwood.
Posted By: Littlefeather

Re: Central TX Blues - 12/20/19 12:51 AM

Thanks fella’s. I quit fishing this lake after 5 skunks. Game Warden told me there were very very few blues. Great yella cat lake though. Since the talk w Game Warden I got some good electronics on my boat and learned them. Catching is much easier when I can see them with their dinner apron on. Lol! On to Ivie next week for a couple days
Gato, I think my main change was simply the chosen lake. Oh, and I switched from circle hooks to large Kale widegaps run in tandem. Those short strikes went way down. Good luck out there fella’s! Happy Holidays to all!
fish
Posted By: DEWAYNE BULLARD

Re: Central TX Blues - 12/20/19 01:28 PM

Nice day on the water!
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Central TX Blues - 12/20/19 03:24 PM

Thread title reminded me of this song for some reaaon cheers

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Central TX Blues - 12/20/19 03:41 PM

I used to use Kale hooks back when I was a floodgate fisherman in the 90s and they worked great for Flatheads! Here’s a throwback pic from 1998...I still remember catching those toads like it was yesterday!
[Linked Image]

I switched to circle hooks when I started drifting for Blues many years ago and have been using Triple Threats last 3 yrs. On days they short strike or are giving an injury bite you know my favorite rig amigo. How did the stingers work when you hung your PB with me last winter? Seems like we caught almost everything on the stingers that trip if I’m not mistaken. Wish you were able to fish with us up at Texoma next weekend! Gonna be a fun trip!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Central TX Blues - 12/20/19 09:35 PM

Great pictures with lots of smiles.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Central TX Blues - 12/21/19 04:47 AM

Nice fish. Good job. cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum