Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni holiday ramp?

Posted By: Wildone

Tawakoni holiday ramp? - 11/10/19 12:17 AM

Is the old holiday marina boat ramp open?
Posted By: DarrellSimpson

Re: Tawakoni holiday ramp? - 11/10/19 01:55 AM

Google maps shows its permanently closed . I was on the lake 2 weeks ago and the gate was closed , so I stayed to the right and launched at the free public ramp that's on the dam .
Posted By: Boomersooner89

Re: Tawakoni holiday ramp? - 11/10/19 03:54 PM

I was told sabine river authorities bought it. And itll be open next year. We used the boat ramp next to it. The public ramp.
Posted By: Wildone

Re: Tawakoni holiday ramp? - 11/11/19 03:31 PM

Drove by Sunday - gate is closed. Everything is gone. No buildings left at all.
Wanted to launch somewhere with a dock for easier access to boat. Tried the public ramp by the 2 mile bridge but there was a bass tourney and it was packed.
Lauched at sky point rv park - decent ramp with a small dock - $5 fee.
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Tawakoni holiday ramp? - 11/25/19 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Boomersooner89
I was told sabine river authorities bought it. And itll be open next year. We used the boat ramp next to it. The public ramp.

They didn't buy it, they already owned it. SRA just didn't renew Holiday's lease, claiming that better lake access on the south end is needed. I suspect they really got tired of all the various new owners claiming they'd clean the place up and loosing interest in doing so after a few months of being there. It really is a damn shame too, because that location could be made into a premier Marina is someone with some money and attention span could have gotten their hands on it. We'll see how it turns out under SRA management.
Posted By: Asbeck

Re: Tawakoni holiday ramp? - 11/26/19 01:02 PM

X2. SRA has always leased to first one and then the other since day one. Everytime I see a SRA truck, I try to pry info from them and I have called them several times. It seems they plan to have a large park at Holiday for weekend family outings but nothing is etched in stone yet. SRA has some really nice plans for Lake Tawakoni but not the funding. They tell me "we do what we can with available funds" and I for one think they are doing a heck of a good job. Let's all get together and have a big fundraiser for them, eh?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum