Texas Fishing Forum

Squaw Creek? Whitney?

Posted By: TheBombBait88

Squaw Creek? Whitney? - 10/14/19 04:07 PM

I'm just getting in to catfishing and was looking for a place to go this weekend. I remember fishing Squaw when I was younger and we slammed the cats; that was a long time ago. How is the fishing out there now? I've got some chum making and some Stubby's cheese bait to use. Just looking for some pointers. Trying to decide whether to go to Squaw or Whitney. I will be fishing out of a boat.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Littlefeather

Re: Squaw Creek? Whitney? - 10/14/19 11:42 PM

Whitney. The “on sale” little blues are on fire!
Too early for Squaw. My best cat bite is January on Squaw unless you run up River with the other 100 boats. Good luck with the cats!
Posted By: mike9582

Re: Squaw Creek? Whitney? - 10/15/19 02:57 AM

i fish whitney just about every day, and right now. 10+mph wind days are fantastic, and you can load the boat. light, or no wind days, and even tougher than they should be.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Squaw Creek? Whitney? - 10/15/19 03:50 AM

[Linked Image]
You don’t even have to go that far I pulled these out of Alvarado Saturday ( don’t mind the carp long story)Or there’s the Nolan or lake pat .
Posted By: Final Cast Guide Service

Re: Squaw Creek? Whitney? - 10/16/19 09:03 PM

Littlefeather is spot on about Squaw. The best bite is in the winter, but fishing should be picking up mid lake really soon. I will be out there tomorrow and Friday and will post a report when I get back.
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Squaw Creek? Whitney? - 10/20/19 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by TheBombBait88
I'm just getting in to catfishing and was looking for a place to go this weekend. I remember fishing Squaw when I was younger and we slammed the cats; that was a long time ago. How is the fishing out there now? I've got some chum making and some Stubby's cheese bait to use. Just looking for some pointers. Trying to decide whether to go to Squaw or Whitney. I will be fishing out of a boat.

Thanks in advance!

How did you make your chum? I have some in the works for the first time. I used chicken scratch /beer and water.
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum