Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Palestine

Posted By: ACAMS

Lake Palestine - 10/09/19 02:10 PM

Too bad most of you guys don't live close enough to Lake Palestine to fish it regularly, it is chock full of catfish!
The lake has a 50 fish per man limit with no size limit.
I went crappie fishing a couple weeks ago and couldn't even get a bait down without a catfish slamming it .... fished water 3' to 30' and catfish left and right.
I wish a few of the slimy suckers would disappear, they are worse than little Yellow bass on some lakes!
If you have trouble catching fish drive to Palestine ... If you can't catch a catfish there, QUIT FISHING, play golf or something!
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Lake Palestine - 10/09/19 03:34 PM

I used to fish Palestine a lot. Way too many 10 inch fish. That was probably 5-6 years ago though
Posted By: Wildone

Re: Lake Palestine - 10/09/19 06:36 PM

I fished Sunday 10/06 for cats - caught a bunch in that 8-12 inch range. I did catch 2 blues around 18".
Palestine has a ton of small cats - a few weeks ago I drifted medium shad for several hrs. Caught one nice blue around 5lbs.
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: Lake Palestine - 10/09/19 07:11 PM

I like that lake it has been good to us in tournaments..it has big blues if you know where to look flag
Posted By: tx130

Re: Lake Palestine - 10/13/19 04:29 PM

Lots of catfish in Palestine but alot are dinks. Caught a few good ones out there. One 52lb
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: Lake Palestine - 10/19/19 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by littlewheel
I used to fish Palestine a lot. Way too many 10 inch fish. That was probably 5-6 years ago though

Well now they are eater size ... 12" -16" by the hundreds!

Next week I am going for cats instead of crappie and hold a big fish fry at the deer camp.

I have a buddy that likes them cut in steaks, and the 14" - to 16" fish is perfect for that!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum