Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine lake fun

Posted By: bigdaddybray

Grapevine lake fun - 09/17/19 01:55 AM

Fished the trees where Denton creek meets main lake. All fish caught on punch bait between 3 and 9 foot of water...we fished from 8 this morning til 2 this afternoon. My bride wupped me with 19 caught to my 7..only 3 under size caught..biggest I caught. 8.65 lb blue [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/17/19 04:42 AM

A great day for ya! clap
Lol, you have a couple more rods out, than I can keep track of roflmao

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/17/19 05:04 AM

Lol...i usually use 6 rods...my bride only wanted one rod 2 yrs ago...now she has 5 of her own and she is adding garlic to her punch bait...she has wupped me the last 2 outings lol
Posted By: Littlefeather

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/17/19 12:41 PM

Great job!

You know that old saying, give a woman a fish and she’ll fry it up perfect! Teach a woman to fish and she’ll stop cooking, she’ll catch all the fish, then she’ll never stop reminding you that she caught more than you did especially when your fishing buddies are around. I tend to only fish when it’s really cold, windy and terribly miserable these days and I tend to catch all the fish in the cooler. Of course, the wife stays home where it’s warm but I brag and brag when I get home! I still have to clean and cook my fish because she’s a fisher woman! Congrats to your wife for letting you catch a COUPLE! Lol! Just ribbing you! Congrats
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/17/19 01:11 PM

Bigdaddy putting the smack down on the Vine! I thought I heard from somewhere there weren’t any fish left in that lake. texas hmmm texas
Posted By: pop r

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/17/19 04:52 PM

Nice job! clap

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/17/19 11:28 PM

Plenty of fish...

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/17/19 11:30 PM

roflmaothank ya
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/18/19 03:04 AM

Nice fish. thumb
Posted By: rkd

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/18/19 04:05 PM

Good report. Thinking about getting out there for a few hours this Saturday. Were you fishing the bait below floats or on bottom? Last time I catfished out there was when the lake was still flooded. We tied up to a tree on the small island at midlake and just dropped the punchbait straight down, about a foot off bottom. Caught a ton of 6-8 inch fish but very few keepers. Kept the kids busy but I prefer bigger fish!

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/19/19 02:47 AM

It's awesome keeping the kids busy ....i fish bottom ...I put in at Oak Grove by the new not yet open baseball fields off dove...then head 6 miles to where Denton creek meets main lake..i fish the trees and coves just off main lake...headed out tomorrow morning ..(Thursday) to wup my wife at fishing...i HOPE LOL

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/20/19 03:37 AM

We caught 34 cats today(Thursday) on grapevine...thru 6 little drinks back...biggest was an 8.3 lb blue [Linked Image]
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/20/19 05:39 AM

Dang you really whupped up on them today food
I have to wait for the weekend. Looks like the wind and the clouds will be sticking around too. bouncy
Posted By: Ocelot

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/20/19 07:25 PM

That is a good looking bunch of cats there.
Should make for a few good meals.
Pretty neat you got to share a good fishing day with wife.
Good thing you got the biggest fish!
Posted By: Ocelot

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/20/19 07:25 PM

That is a good looking bunch of cats there.
Should make for a few good meals.
Pretty neat you got to share a good fishing day with wife.
Good thing you got the biggest fish!
Posted By: Littlefeather

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/20/19 07:44 PM

Good job Big Daddy! I hope MaMabray caught some of those. Congrats!

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/21/19 05:33 AM

Ocelot...put plenty of filets in the freezer...grilled some tonight...i prefer fryed but we are trying to lose weight so grilled catfish it is..Littefeather...truth be told...i caught more but for some reason the little suckers liked my hooks better lol...i threw 6 back which meant my bride put 16 keepers in ice chest compared to my 12 lol...i caught biggest and smallest and she caught first and last lol...i cleaned em and she grilled em...thank ya. Banker always....rkd..bottom 2 oz weight on bottom with hook dangling above a. A little bit ...great day...

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/21/19 05:59 PM

Thanks bigdaddybray. My wife and I are going out there for a couple of hours this afternoon. Got my jug of Stubbys ready. It’s a little breezy for the pontoon but hopefully I can get it to hold. Will let everyone know how we did once I get back.

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/23/19 02:29 AM

rkd I use anchor and/ or tie to trees plus my homemade manual power poles to hold me in up to 10 ft of water works great [Linked Image]

Re: Grapevine lake fun - 09/23/19 01:49 PM

Those homemade power poles are awesome!! The lack of decent trees on Grapevine makes it hard to pin a pontoon down in any kind of breeze. We went up the Denton Creek area (about a 1/2 mile from where it basically meets the main lake) and tied up to the only trees we could find. Problem was we were only in 3-4ft of water and could reach anything deeper. Fished with stubbys around the brush and caught one tiny channel cat. We were there for about 2 hours on Saturday afternoon. Not exactly the ideal time to be fishing but it's all we could manage.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum