Texas Fishing Forum

cat fishing on Grapevine

Posted By: lamar44

cat fishing on Grapevine - 09/11/19 04:53 PM

Got on Grapevive at first light. Started cathing fish right off . All came on cut bait north.of Akard island . But on the way back to the ramp seen something I have not seen in very long time on Grapevine
schooling catfish and there were a lot of them. good to see the lake like this again.
Posted By: Crestliner

Re: cat fishing on Grapevine - 09/12/19 02:59 AM

Very nice!!! Were you drifting? I have been trying to catch catfish for awhile on Grapevin. Trying to fish with a 10 year old and keeping them engaged can be difficult when searching...lol

Re: cat fishing on Grapevine - 09/12/19 05:10 PM

Yes, draging a Sante rig in 15 to 20 FOW.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: cat fishing on Grapevine - 09/12/19 05:15 PM

Great post, thanks.
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: cat fishing on Grapevine - 09/12/19 05:21 PM

were you catching blues or channels?

Re: cat fishing on Grapevine - 09/12/19 10:53 PM

Both channel and blues. Turned back some blues to big to keep but kept a few smaller ones for supper. I hear a lot of people talk about grapevine being fished out.
It's not true It's one of the best lakes around here. I been fishing this lake for VERY Long time. now dodn't try to fish this thing on a week end.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: cat fishing on Grapevine - 09/13/19 04:02 PM

I dont know about the Vine being fished out at all. I just think with the very high water we had this year its been tougher than usual to pattern the fish really is all. I am sure there are plenty of fish in the lake.

Looks like a great day you had there!! Thanks for sharing
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum