Texas Fishing Forum

Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll?

Posted By: šŸ€El Gato AzulšŸ€

Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/10/19 07:54 PM

Bout to fish Lewisville... Anybody wanna roll?? Gonna look for some fish in some areas I havenā€™t fished in a while. Let me know in the next 45 minutes texas
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/10/19 08:04 PM

If I weren't stuck at work.

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/10/19 08:35 PM

Hookn up the boat! Winds a blowin, Clouds are rollin in! Prolly gonna be some active fish today...
Posted By: Dan90210 ā˜®

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/11/19 03:56 AM

How did you do?

Just got back from Alaska or I would have jumped on that.

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/11/19 11:57 AM

Saw a fella bank fishin and asked him how the bite was. He said he hadnā€™t had a bite in 2 hours. I told him to hop on board and letā€™s go catch some fish. He said is name was Vince and then jumped on board and away we went. Jacky Wiggins text me and told me where he had caught bait and fish that morning so thatā€™s where we started. Bait was easy in 8ft. We started our first drift on a main lake point and boated 5 blues. I decided to move locations and go look for a better group. We scanned a couple of humps and another point but only marked dinks. Finally found a big group around the channel in 30 ft. We pulled 2 more drifts and hammered em! We ended up with 30 blues and Ol Vince said that was some of the best catfishin he had ever been a part of! You never know what to expect when you go Bluecatn! texas
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/11/19 12:26 PM

That was really cool of you take a stranger out. Nice looking dog too

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/11/19 01:07 PM

I enjoy taking new guys fishing. Have met a lot of good people and a few that werenā€™t worth a flip. I will fish with just about anyone once! Lol
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/11/19 01:56 PM

Oh man, youā€™re gonna make me go back to L-ville again roflmao
Really nice mess of fish thumb
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/11/19 02:08 PM

I used to fish that area a lot. Glad to see it still holds 'em.

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/11/19 02:22 PM

so, what do you do? Catch some fresh shad and then just let the wind push you ?

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/11/19 02:36 PM

I think those little rain clouds yesterday got em thinking about making a move. The bait is just starting to migrate back up the lake. Need a little rain and cooler temps to get em to commit. We marked lots of fish on mid depth structure in the main lake. Next couple of weeks there will be lots of bait and fish changing their home zone areas out in the main lake and moving up the lake and getting ready to go shallow. You can usually find them pretty easy this time of year if you know where to look.
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/11/19 02:37 PM

Oh man, youā€™re gonna make me go back to L-ville again roflmao
Really nice mess of fish thumb
Sorry, reposted (fail)

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/11/19 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bentman63
so, what do you do? Catch some fresh shad and then just let the wind push you ?

Essentially thatā€™s it. The act of drifting is quite simple but Bluecats move a ton and can be difficult to pattern when you first start out.. First you gotta find the right bait. Then you gotta find fish that are willing to bite. To locate them consistently you need a decent graph and a quite a bit of knowledge to figure out the patterns. Blues move a ton and can be in completely different areas from day to day. They are a lot like striper. Youā€™ll need some drift socks to maintain the proper drift speed. All sounds simple enough until you try to go do it! Iā€™ve spent many a trip floating around like an idiot. Lol. Bluecatn ainā€™t easy!
texas

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/11/19 02:57 PM

Thx, sounds like it takes some skill

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/11/19 03:08 PM

Just get out there and pull some long drift over varying structure and depths and youā€™ll get it figured out. Hire you a guide who can show you the ropes and ramp you up. Feel free to PM me if you need some info.
Posted By: Littlefeather

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/11/19 03:28 PM

Heck Iā€™d go if you bait the hooks and take my fish off for me! Lol!
Congrats!

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/11/19 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Littlefeather
Heck Iā€™d go if you bait the hooks and take my fish off for me! Lol!
Congrats!

Youā€™ve fished with me enough Littlefeather to know Iā€™m pretty particular about the way I fish. Lmao! Im picky from exactly how the bait gets chopped and hooked to the manner and order in which the rods go out on planer boards. I prefer to do everything so as not to have some big cluster $?@!. Your the only fishin buddy I let have free rain over my boat. Canā€™t wait till November when we can go do some serious battle amigo! cheers

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/11/19 06:12 PM

Awesome stuff Azul!

Im gonna give it a go from the yak Monday.

You're definitely right about a little bit of rain in Summer. The only good day I've had by myself without a guide fishing blue cat happened a few months ago when we got a little pop-up rainstorm and they went nuts for 30 minutes. Then like you said they moved out like striper.

They are pelagic, bait chasing, hot then cold beasts.

Cool that you picked up Vince! Hopefully hes a TFF guy now.
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/11/19 08:30 PM

Awesome trip Gato. Hopefully one day we can meet up and fish. I finally got me a taped net. Now just waiting for cold weather to learn how to use it.

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/11/19 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Blazer 2400
Awesome trip Gato. Hopefully one day we can meet up and fish. I finally got me a taped net. Now just waiting for cold weather to learn how to use it.

You know Iā€™m always game amigo. Your welcome to join me on one of my runs with my buddy Littlefeather but you will be in charge of procuring our big baits with that fancy new deep net.lol...or you can hollar at me when you make one of your Twok runs and I will jump on your boat and weā€™ll see if we can find some cheers
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/12/19 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut
I used to fish that area a lot. Glad to see it still holds 'em.

Yup!!!....Great job on taking Mr. Vince E.G. and puttin' him on some action!!!!! thumb

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/12/19 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by El Gato Azul
Just get out there and pull some long drift over varying structure and depths and youā€™ll get it figured out. Hire you a guide who can show you the ropes and ramp you up. Feel free to PM me if you need some info.

Thank You Sir

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/12/19 07:39 PM

Are big blues good to eat?
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/12/19 07:49 PM

No, release the big ones, they are the ones that reproduce. Keep anything under 10 pounds is what most guides do. I usually don't keep anything over about 5-6 pounds.

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/12/19 08:11 PM

Plenty of 3-5lbrs to eat. They are easy to catch and need to be thinned out in my lake for sure. Throw the big ones back cuz there arenā€™t a lot of em and we need every one of em to stay in the lake . There is a slot limit of 30-45inches on Lewisville but even the 8-10 lbrs get released on my boat.

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/12/19 08:57 PM

Thx again sir

Re: Bout to hook up the boat. anybody wanna roll? - 09/13/19 04:06 PM

I LOVE to eat blue cats but only keep the small ones. When I luck into any. My GF loves to cook and is very good at it. She makes an awesome fish curry out of blue cats. Spicy with unique flavors... I just love it!

Wish I was better at catching them so we could have it more often. Its for sure not the same with the store bought fish. The meat is not as tasty at all.

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum