Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine- where are the whiskers

Posted By: Kyle Horn

Grapevine- where are the whiskers - 08/21/19 07:52 PM

Taking a friend out tomorrow night. Haven’t been in 2-3 weeks. What are the fish up to? We were not doing good last few times.
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Grapevine- where are the whiskers - 08/21/19 10:06 PM

popcorn Me either. Though there have been good reports of sandbass near the crusher.

Re: Grapevine- where are the whiskers - 08/22/19 12:47 AM

Dumb question...will sandies hit slabs at night?
Posted By: TexasPete

Re: Grapevine- where are the whiskers - 08/22/19 01:14 AM

I just slab between the island they are stacked, but hard to get keepers

Re: Grapevine- where are the whiskers - 08/22/19 03:40 AM

Not a dumb question Kyle. I'd like to know if sandies bite at night too.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Grapevine- where are the whiskers - 08/22/19 12:16 PM

Not sure Kyle. Check out your last post there was some tips there that sounded good as anything to me! Might give those spots and depths a try.

Good luck mate and let us know how you do!
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Grapevine- where are the whiskers - 08/22/19 01:11 PM

Sandies bite at night fellas. You can catch em under the lights with plastic swim baits.

If you can locate sandbass this time of year then there is a good chance blues are with them. We been getting our blues off main lake points the last 2 weeks in the evening on Lewisville. Find where the sandies are feeding hard and drift through em. Stay out of the thermocline. texas

Re: Grapevine- where are the whiskers - 08/23/19 05:08 PM

just updating: 7p-2a last night. wind blew a bit. cut shad, cut perch, and stubbys for good measure. one huge softshell turtle. did catch a few sandies while jigging in absolute bordom. zero wiskers. fished 14-30' thermocline looked to be about 24' but in some areas i found fish under it, so what the heck i even tried there. what gives folks? i feel like as a kid i took a zebco 202 and worms to the dock and did WAY better than this!!!

Re: Grapevine- where are the whiskers - 08/24/19 04:23 AM

I get a lot of that on g-vine too.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Grapevine- where are the whiskers - 08/24/19 12:49 PM

Man that sucks Kyle! Sounds like you had the right idea. Maybe they just were not biting. Keep at it I am sure you and I will both have a cracker day soon and fill stringers!
Posted By: bigdaddybray

Re: Grapevine- where are the whiskers - 08/25/19 01:53 AM

Need to go fish the trees where Denton creek meets main lake
Posted By: DJ BANCO

Re: Grapevine- where are the whiskers - 09/03/19 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by bigdaddybray
Need to go fish the trees where Denton creek meets main lake

I'm Just got my boat a month ago and starting to get to know Lake Grapevine. I landed a 10# blue by twin coves this weekend on cut bluegill, and two others on minnows by katies woods boat ramp area. If you are ever down to go let me know, I wouldn't mind you showing me the area by Denton Creek your talking about.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum