Texas Fishing Forum

Friendly Competition 2

Posted By: cvitale

Friendly Competition 2 - 08/19/19 04:39 PM

Hey TFF, at the beginning of the month I threw out a friendly competition/tournament challenge but no one participated other than me. I’m hoping it was because it was a last minute post and no one saw it in time. I’m going to try this one more time and see if I can get any interest. At the end of the day it’s all about fishing, having fun, and getting to know everyone a little better! I took everyone’s advice and set some basic ground rules (see below).

-Tournament style rules -
• Start Time: Today 8/19
• End Time: 11:59pm 8/25 (extending the time frame to get more participation)
• Anyone can participate (it’s just for fun)
• Must include a picture of your login name from the TFF in the picture or video with each fish (mine would be cvitale)
• Must be caught on rod and reel
• The 2 largest fish with a combined total weight wins (just bragging rights)
• MORE THAN ANYTHING JUST POST PICTURES OF YOUR FISH!!!

If anyone has something else to add please let me know.

Attached is the winning video from the first competition - https://youtu.be/gTxbJIfF_Hs
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Friendly Competition 2 - 08/20/19 03:51 PM

Sounds fun. I just don't do catfishing this time of year. What lake where you on in your vid?

Re: Friendly Competition 2 - 08/20/19 05:14 PM

Hey Blue Blazer, I was on Lake Lavon. I’ve been having a lot of luck on decent size blues in relatively shallow water. During the summer It seems to be the only place I can find them consistently.

Re: Friendly Competition 2 - 08/20/19 05:53 PM

I figured it might be lavon by your location. I want to learn Lavon better. I have only been 2 times to target cats, my wife did catch a 20# blue on 1 or the trips. I have a friends who lives about 1/2 mile from Lavon so he always wants me to take him out. lol
I usually spend most of my catfish trips on Twok.

Re: Friendly Competition 2 - 08/20/19 06:44 PM

Lavon is a great cat fishing lake! You should definitely check it out if you get a chance. I’m fishing out of a canoe so I’m limited at times but I love it! Below are a few recent catches. I have tons of videos if anyone’s ever interested in seeing them. [Linked Image]

Re: Friendly Competition 2 - 08/20/19 06:55 PM

A few more...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Friendly Competition 2 - 08/20/19 07:16 PM

That’s a nice fish! Funny lookin canoe though... coolio

Re: Friendly Competition 2 - 08/20/19 07:20 PM

Yeah, the last fish was not in a canoe. I was fishing on a friends boat but i was in the same spot I fish from my canoe.
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Friendly Competition 2 - 08/20/19 07:40 PM

I’m just pullin your chain... cheers I can’t wait to hang a good one when my son is on board! texas

Re: Friendly Competition 2 - 08/20/19 07:45 PM

I get it! Checkout my daughter pulling in her PB.

https://youtu.be/CqYWgq64Bf8
Posted By: Dwight Hardy

Re: Friendly Competition 2 - 08/20/19 08:13 PM

Well done sir.
That girl is being raised right.

Re: Friendly Competition 2 - 08/21/19 06:24 PM

Nice fish. Great job with your daughter's pb. I have a 4 year old son and he loves reeling in fish. I still have to hold the rod for him though. We went out this spring and we caught 85 blues in less than 4 hours (2-5 pounds). He was completely worn out and bored within 1.5 hours. He sat down in the boat and watched a movie on his tablet while we got to fish. LOL

Re: Friendly Competition 2 - 08/21/19 08:34 PM

85 cat fish in 4 hours is fantastic! Regardless of the size! Great job! 👍🏻
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum