Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine shad

Posted By: Kayak Catfish

Grapevine shad - 07/24/19 04:41 AM

can anyone offer suggestions on where to find shad on Grapevine?
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Grapevine shad - 07/24/19 03:33 PM

In the water? Seriously though, shad is abundant throughout the lake. Early mornings, off the various boat launch docks, will produce for you.
Posted By: Kayak Catfish

Re: Grapevine shad - 07/25/19 04:13 AM

Thanks, I've been throwing around the ramps with no luck. Thought maybe the high water had pushed them somewhere else
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Grapevine shad - 07/25/19 05:12 AM

Getting them close to shore is often a early morning or late evening thing. If you’re stuck on shore, for cast netting, you’re going to have to be there when they are. You might make a path of ramps with docks you can check, with a few casts, before getting to your put-in spot.
Posted By: DJ BANCO

Re: Grapevine shad - 09/03/19 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ed-n-eddy
In the water? Seriously though, shad is abundant throughout the lake. Early mornings, off the various boat launch docks, will produce for you.

new to fishing Grapevine, is there a particular boat ramp you suggest for catching Shad?
Posted By: Jacky Wiggins

Re: Grapevine shad - 09/04/19 02:03 AM

You may try the high water ramp at Murrell Park since they closed it to boat launches or the regular ramp before daylight. The shad head off shore around 6:30. I see tons of shad around the brush piles in 20-25 ft on livescope all day long.
Posted By: DJ BANCO

Re: Grapevine shad - 09/05/19 02:53 PM

Thank you JW, I will check murell park out soon.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum