Texas Fishing Forum

Limb line requirements

Posted By: HumanSeine

Limb line requirements - 05/21/19 04:11 PM

I am wanting to place a few limb lines. Is the requirements for marking lines the same as jugs or trotlines?
Posted By: slimjim

Re: Limb line requirements - 05/21/19 04:27 PM

Limb lines are classified as “throw lines” on the TPWD website, and they do require a gear tag.
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: Limb line requirements - 05/21/19 05:51 PM

Correct, you have to have date set out and name, address like a jug line or trotline.

Not sure what system you are using for your limb line but I made my own version of a "port arthur" limb line out of PVC. Works awesome and generally once you have them set to where you want them you can go to just about any tree limb and it will be the right length unless the limb is unusually high or low to the water surface. I added a small piece of swim noodle to the PVC so my hook and leader can just wrap around the pvc and hook into the swim noodle so I can deploy it very quickly and pick it up quickly almost never having to adjust the depth! And you can fit several in a 3 gallon bucket without having a big mess. I use a cheap carabiner clip on the securement end so I can throw it around the branch and hook it to itself rather than tie it to the branch. Just some ideas for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03DxBOQ-Q-M

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum