Texas Fishing Forum

Foreign raised shrimp

Posted By: ChuChu1

Foreign raised shrimp - 05/16/19 07:34 PM

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/...rimp-used-for-bait-could-be-13689567.php
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Foreign raised shrimp - 05/16/19 07:51 PM

I had no idea that was against the law.
I rarely use dead shrimp and if I do, it's fresh dead.
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: Foreign raised shrimp - 05/16/19 08:03 PM

I did not know it was illegal either. I used to buy fresh bait shrimp off the docks and freeze them for river fishing.
Posted By: Jared D.

Re: Foreign raised shrimp - 05/17/19 05:28 PM

Another fact that many anglers Ive spoken to dont know, is that it is against Texas Law to use live baitfish from a different body of water. I mean it makes perfect sense, but not many seem to know or realize it. So catching bullhead in a creek to use for Flatheads in a lake is technically illegal. Or potentially even catching perch or minnows from a pond and using them in your local lake.
Posted By: Jerod Pontello

Re: Foreign raised shrimp - 05/22/19 03:42 AM

I have spoken to the game warden and that’s not what I was told about using bait from different waters, he told me that I could not transfer the water, that I could transfer the bait from an ice chest in my truck with a net and dump them in the Livewell of my boat after the boat is launched and water from lake brought in to boat, not saying that what your saying is wrong just what I was told I’m gonna call another one and see what answer I get
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Foreign raised shrimp - 05/27/19 04:51 PM

I've been using those green and white boxes of "TV Shrimp" for catfish bait for decades. Is that foreign or domestic? Anyone have a box in their freezer they can check?
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Foreign raised shrimp - 05/27/19 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Slow Drifter
I've been using those green and white boxes of "TV Shrimp" for catfish bait for decades. Is that foreign or domestic? Anyone have a box in their freezer they can check?

Box says TV brand shrimp are a product of the USA, Aransas Pass, Texas.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Foreign raised shrimp - 06/01/19 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by BillS2006
Originally Posted by Slow Drifter

Box says TV brand shrimp are a product of the USA, Aransas Pass, Texas.

Good to know. Thank you sir!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum