Texas Fishing Forum

Night lights for boat

Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Night lights for boat - 04/15/19 08:46 PM

I put a removable 10' pole (1/2 inch galvanized pipe) on the back of my boat to mount two LED floodlights. One light will point down, the other will point to the front of the boat. What/Where is a good brand to get two of these (12v) that will mount to 1/2 inch pipe?
Posted By: opus

Re: Night lights for boat - 04/15/19 11:04 PM

Just-got-these-dont-know-how-long-batterys-last-got-extra-batterys-on-ebayhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079FQ1XK2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Night lights for boat - 04/22/19 07:43 PM

I picked up two LED flood lights for $15. Got them wired up to my courtesy switch this weekend.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ADDICTED 2 FISHING

Re: Night lights for boat - 04/23/19 02:48 AM

Amazon sales some pretty good led lights made be Nilight. I bought a 20” light bar for the front and it came with 2 4” flood led lights that are nice in bright. Very small and all came with mounts. But for the inside of the boat I used led strips. They are plenty bright and use hardly any battery power.

Re: Night lights for boat - 04/23/19 02:51 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sgodwin101

Re: Night lights for boat - 04/23/19 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by ADDICTED 2 FISHING
Amazon sales some pretty good led lights made be Nilight. I bought a 20” light bar for the front and it came with 2 4” flood led lights that are nice in bright. Very small and all came with mounts. But for the inside of the boat I used led strips. They are plenty bright and use hardly any battery power.

+1 thumb

Re: Night lights for boat - 04/23/19 04:29 PM

I paid $55 for all 3 light bars together and it came with the wiring harness. And the led light strips were $11 each also from amazon and i used 2, one for each side of the boat. I just wired both light strips to a toggle switch. Im thinking about using 2 toggle switches, one for each side because just one side on at a time will light the floor plenty.
Posted By: Catfish Lynn

Re: Night lights for boat - 04/24/19 05:06 AM

Fishing Lake Limestone, with my cousin's 14" MonArk wide Flat Bottom, I had a PVC roof frame. My uncle bought some LED flashlights & set up a pole with Tees to mount the heads into. They were wired one to another, then connected to the 12 volt wiring & a switch back neat the rear seat. We also had 3 bilge pumps set up in case of serious waves.

But the light pole ran side to side, with the light heads portruding out the Tees. This pole was attached to the rof frame pole across the front. We used plastic ties to keep the pole snug to stay where we wanted. On one side of the light pole, it had a 90 Ell & a short piece of PVC pipe with a cap on its end. This was the handle to position the light pole, be it out for running, a slight tilt for lower speeds, and down as needed to run set lines.

Each LED flashlight used 2 batteries of 1.5 volts each. We had 4 light heads (4 x 3 volts = 12 volts) on the light pole. Simple & cheap to rig up. Of course you would need at least a pole on each side to set it up above. With brackets, you can set up in a few seconds, then rig it down easily for travel by land.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum