Texas Fishing Forum

Rubber Gloves

Posted By: Sirjet

Rubber Gloves - 04/10/19 06:03 PM

I see a lot of my fellow catfishermen using rubber gloves. I have never used them. But if I decide to start using them. Which one is the most durable?
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Rubber Gloves - 04/11/19 02:56 AM

I've found that getting old your skin gets pretty thin and fragile and just a small nick will draw blood.
I use a mesh glove on my left hand while I clean my catfish because the fins will tear up my thumb and forefinger where I grip the fish behind the spines while handling the fish.
My greatest fear is contacting that flesh eating bacteria and infection.
As for handling the fish in the boat where the fish is too big to grip, I use those fish grips and have an old towel handy which helps me get a grip on the fish.
Rubber gloves would probably work better than that mesh glove, but I've had that glove for several years and I haven't found a rubber glove that can hold up.
Posted By: FishinTime

Re: Rubber Gloves - 04/11/19 03:09 AM

I buy these. 2 gloves when I go fishing. Throw them away after I filet the fish. They’re very thick and durable. Kind of pricey but worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003AQBAQ4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title
Posted By: Big Hopper

Re: Rubber Gloves - 04/11/19 12:41 PM

Get some Nitril gloves. Not Latex,

I buy then at Sam's Club, but you can also get them at Lowes or Home Depot. or believe it or not, Harbor Freight has a large assortment of sizes and thickness.

I use them all the time, when painting, working on the cars, etc.
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: Rubber Gloves - 04/11/19 04:15 PM

I use Nitril as well a lot tougher than latex........I use them when cutting and baiting my lines and filleting fish......I dont like human scent on my baits.... barf
Posted By: Coreywms

Re: Rubber Gloves - 04/12/19 03:42 PM

I agree with getting them from harbor freight. U can also use the 20% off coupon and the free item coupon. If u do night fishing you can get a light that u put on your head as a free item. Check out hfqpdb.com for the coupons.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum