Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Waco/Belton Cats

Posted By: CnTxSgt

Lake Waco/Belton Cats - 03/05/19 02:45 PM

Long time viewer, first time poster. I live between Lake Waco and Lake Belton. I have had a little bit of luck fishing Waco, but nothing fishing Belton. In Waco, I just chum up a few spots and have some success. Belton is a different story. Deep and clear with not too much timber. For the life of me, I cant figure out how or where to fish in that lake. If any of you have some insight to pass along I would greatly appreciate it. I want my daughter on the lake, but I need her to catch something to keep her interested. I like to just chum and go rodding and reeling for eaters.... Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Spud--Cattin Around Adventures

Re: Lake Waco/Belton Cats - 04/04/19 02:44 PM

Do you have a boat or fishing from the bank?

To keep kiddo's interested I would keep her fishing on Lake Waco. Fish the timber in shallow water and use a good punch bait under a cork. Gives her something to do/watch and you can also throw out some cut bait for larger fish. Don't forget to fish the comrant roost in the south and north bosque, steady action for the kids with eaters and sometimes a few large fish hang there as well.

Hope that helps
Posted By: CnTxSgt

Re: Lake Waco/Belton Cats - 04/04/19 09:40 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have a boat, 3 five gallon buckets of chum, and usually use Danny Kings. I myself have gone out to Waco several times and fished near Reynolds creek and wore them out. But as always, I take her and we cant find em. I have never really fished around Hog Creek area. Was thinking of trying there this weekend. What depth should I be looking at in the Timber? As far as Belton is concerned, I get skunked just about every time. By the way, you wouldn't happen to be related to the Suhr's would you?
Posted By: Spud--Cattin Around Adventures

Re: Lake Waco/Belton Cats - 04/10/19 08:00 PM

I would stay under the 10' depth and mainly 2-5'.

Yes I am. They are my mom and step father
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum