Texas Fishing Forum

Trinity River bank fishin

Posted By: uncle_bagster

Trinity River bank fishin - 02/27/19 11:30 PM

I was watching a TV show about fishing from a boat near the area of Lake Livingston. Is there any public access, bank fishing in that area? Some of them ole sandy banks look like a good place to set out a couple of rods and lay back.
Posted By: Bobbycat

Re: Trinity River bank fishin - 02/28/19 02:15 AM

I live on the creek bank of Lake Livingston and fish predominantly from my boat. However, there are many points to access water for fishing from the bank. For example, Lake Livingston State park, Tigerville park, Indian Hills have good places for fishing. There are also many other places. Just see Google map, and you will find many boat ramps or google "Lake Livingston Public Boat Ramps". You can fish near them too. Spring is coming, and cats will bite like crazy almost everywhere.

Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: Trinity River bank fishin - 02/28/19 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbycat
I live on the creek bank of Lake Livingston and fish predominantly from my boat. However, there are many points to access water for fishing from the bank. For example, Lake Livingston State park, Tigerville park, Indian Hills have good places for fishing. There are also many other places. Just see Google map, and you will find many boat ramps or google "Lake Livingston Public Boat Ramps". You can fish near them too. Spring is coming, and cats will bite like crazy almost everywhere.

Are these relatively crime-free areas? What about snakes and 'gators?

Re: Trinity River bank fishin - 02/28/19 11:17 PM

All these place are safe because they are public recreation areas. I frequently walk with my grandchildren and sometimes fish there. I cannot say that you will catch a lot of cats now or during hot summer, but in spring you can catch several ones, especially on mornings. If you plan fishing with children, Lake Livingston State park is the best place. You can stay there overnight or for several days. Check online park regulations.

P.S. The map of Lake Livingston State park
https://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdpubs/media/park_maps/pwd_mp_p4504_087c.pdf

Re: Trinity River bank fishin - 03/03/19 02:08 AM

Lake Livingston State Park photos:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g56180-d1763911-Reviews-Lake_Livingston_State_Park-Livingston_Texas.html#photos;aggregationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=298144346
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum