Texas Fishing Forum

Lake lavon

Posted By: stoneman2

Lake lavon - 08/30/18 04:32 PM

I need alittle help learning the lake , just started fishing it and usually launch at the 380 bridge
not looking for anyones honey hole, just looking for general areas / locations to get me started learning the lake .
Posted By: Ocelot

Re: Lake lavon - 08/30/18 07:03 PM

Leaving town a little while back we crossed Lavon on 380 and it looked like a good place to fish so I put twin groves and caddo park on my list of places to check out.

I have been fishing from Mallard and Avalon parks with few results the last 2 weeks.
Are you having any luck up there?

Re: Lake lavon - 09/06/18 04:27 PM

not so much , its been slow

Re: Lake lavon - 09/09/18 01:32 PM

With all the rain plan on going to the mouth of one of the feeder creeks and putting some jug lines in the current baited with live shad or perch, if I can find any, and letting them drift. Also plan on fishing by rod along the seam between the current and still water.
If this fails will try to follow the channel down till I find some nearby timber and fish there.

Re: Lake lavon - 09/10/18 04:38 AM

Tried going up to where east fork of trinity dumps into the lake. Lake became just a few inches deep and could not get closer than about 30 yards away. Was in the current from the stream which was noticable but not as strong as I would have expected with all the rain we have had lately.
Need to go back when lake at normal level.
Ended up trolling the cove while looking for holes or fish.
Also tried fresh dead shad for catfish at a few of the trees in middle of cove.
Caught one white bass about 11 inches.

Re: Lake lavon - 09/10/18 04:03 PM

I will be out hopefully Saturday morning I will post what I find

Re: Lake lavon - 09/10/18 04:10 PM

spent this weekend doing a water pump, new plugs, rebuilding a fuel pump , lower unit oil ... all the good fun stuff on a rainy day

Re: Lake lavon - 09/14/18 01:16 PM

took the day off yesterday , but went out east
everything is super slow from what I am seeing

Re: Lake lavon - 09/14/18 06:00 PM

I went to Little Ridge Tuesday night and fished near the power plant with Shad for catfish and rooster tail with trailing small storm minnow for white bass. Then trolled over to the end of the peninsual and fished a couple sports over there. First time to this location so not a lot of fishing time but did not see many fish on finder and those I decided to stop and fish for showed no interest.

Went to East Fork last night and paddled over to dam side of Lavonia park to look for fish.
Caught a couple tiny white bass trolling over, one on small storm minnow behind rooster tail, other on small jointed shad rap. Again first time to this location so mostly exploring. Did fish a couple of spots with structure and showing fish, no bites. Shad and shrimp for catfish while throwing either the rooster tail with trailing storm minnow or jointed shad rap.

After dark started throwing topwater along the shore on way back while trolling jointed shad rap.
When near the boat ramp that goes into cove by marina, saw lots of baitfish swimming around, one actually jumped about a foot out of the water. Believe the gar were after them as I saw a couple of those around. Nothing responded to my topwater.

Re: Lake lavon - 09/14/18 10:47 PM

I think the front / east wind / storm has them messed up

Re: Lake lavon - 09/15/18 01:37 AM

I plan on fishing the west side of the dam tomorrow morning till 10 or 11 if it does not look like I will get caught in any lightning.
If you see someone in a red kayak say hi.

Re: Lake lavon - 09/17/18 03:24 PM

guess I missed you , didn't get out there til about 10
slow day
only caught a few blues on shrimp

Re: Lake lavon - 09/21/18 02:41 PM

hopefully we will have running creeks after this week end
who is ready for some running water action
Posted By: Poppa P

Re: Lake lavon - 09/24/18 09:25 PM

We went out yesterday evening just after half time, and hit a creek on the east side. stayed until dark and brought home a few eaters. nothing big. We were fishing 4-6 ft deep where very slow current was flowing over grass. Felt like we should have gone closer to creek mouth.
Good luck
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum