Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Granbury

Posted By: ACFishing

Lake Granbury - 07/02/18 09:30 PM

My wife and I are about to move to Granbury and would like to know how the catfishing is? I have read tons about the bass but there is nothing on catfish or crappie. Does anyone have any bits of info? Thanks!
Posted By: sliding by

Re: Lake Granbury - 07/02/18 10:31 PM

It’s a Brazos river lake. Catfish all over it. Lots of channels and blues. Just go eat at Stumpys and set on the patio beside the water. That will give you some idea of the blues in there.
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Lake Granbury - 07/02/18 10:48 PM

I used to get into pecan plantation as a teen and fish at night off the marina dock during the summer break. Never had a bad night there on eater size channel cats.

Eric
Posted By: nethingthatbites

Re: Lake Granbury - 07/03/18 03:55 PM

welcome

Great catfish lake...for a smaller narrow river lake it has a lot of good cover, structure, and variations in depths down the whole thing. It has docks, trees, flats, drop offs, humps, bends, channels, open water, coves, sand, gravel, rock, and riprap. It's also a constant level lake with several free ramps. Pretty easy to find year round channel cat holes you can fish reliably.
Posted By: JohnButte

Re: Lake Granbury - 07/03/18 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: sliding by
It’s a Brazos river lake. Catfish all over it. Lots of channels and blues. Just go eat at Stumpys and set on the patio beside the water. That will give you some idea of the blues in there.

If only stumpys would let you fish. I mostly see carp there though.
Posted By: sliding by

Re: Lake Granbury - 07/03/18 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnButte

Yep, lots of [censored]. The lake record carp is swimming beside the patio. The other evening there were blues in there around 15 pounds.
Posted By: G Love

Re: Lake Granbury - 07/03/18 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnButte

Yep, lots of [censored]. The lake record carp is swimming beside the patio. The other evening there were blues in there around 15 pounds.

When they close just stroll up there with the trolling motor and pitch a weightless anything. If they're in there you'll catch em I'm sure.
Posted By: nethingthatbites

Re: Lake Granbury - 07/03/18 09:03 PM

Never done it, but I've seen boats fishing their dock during business hours. Do they usually try to run you off or something?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum