Texas Fishing Forum

Channel cats on side image.

Posted By: TroyKing

Channel cats on side image. - 05/07/18 09:24 PM

Ive got me a new helix 10 mega that im learning to use...
Does anyone have a screen shot of what channel cats look like on Si And Di...thanks.
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/07/18 09:26 PM

I don’t. I honestly find little need to use side imaging other than it helps me point out schools of shad. I rely heavily of DI/2D
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/07/18 10:19 PM

When you scan gravel shorelines and it looks like popcorn, there’s your channels.
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/09/18 03:54 AM

I will send post up some pics soon of what it looks like. They are very sof in the returns
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/14/18 03:20 AM

Posted By: leanin post

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/14/18 03:22 AM

you gotta look for the whiskas ! roflmao
Posted By: SunUpSunDown

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/14/18 08:26 AM

Michael and teri little Jon's guide service Facebook page has awesome graph pics of cats , whites and hybrids . You can learn a lot of fishing info on their Tuesday live feed around 6:30 PM good stuff go back when they started it last year and watch them all.
Posted By: Sandog

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/14/18 01:03 PM

They will look like hot (white) streaks. There should be shadows next to them. With the right setup the shadow will help you identify the fish. I have gotten good enough to clearly identify gar shadows, carp, bluegill, and cats. Length of shadows, overall shape, and fin detail will give you the clues you need. When you hit them just right, you can clearly see a fish on the screen.

This video does a good job showing the streaks.

https://youtu.be/oa1-igWNC6c
Posted By: Sandog

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/14/18 01:22 PM

I don't have any pics from my screen, but this is what I am talking about...

Looks like a carp or drum.

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/14/18 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: leanin post
hahahah daing lp why didnt i think of that!!

Thanks for the replies guys!... Im a crappie guy but my little ones love to catfish...so im trying to make it happen.
Posted By: Buff2

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/14/18 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: TroyKing

Thanks for the replies guys!... Im a crappie guy but my little ones love to catfish...so im trying to make it happen.

If you want to put kids on catfish, come up here to LOP.

Put in at the big oak ramp and go out into the standing timber a dump some range cubes in 12 to 15 foot of water.
You can catch all the channel cats you could want. Pretty much none stop action.
My grandkids love it, I don’t like cleaning them but you only get to be grandpa for a few years so I enjoy it while I can

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/15/18 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Buff2
Originally Posted By: TroyKing

If you want to put kids on catfish, come up here to LOP.

Put in at the big oak ramp and go out into the standing timber a dump some range cubes in 12 to 15 foot of water.
You can catch all the channel cats you could want. Pretty much none stop action.
My grandkids love it, I don’t like cleaning them but you only get to be grandpa for a few years so I enjoy it while I can

Thanks for That info!...is this happening now.
Posted By: Buff2

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/15/18 04:21 PM

should be, I haven't tried yet this year as I mostly crappie fish.
I know it will be all summer

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/15/18 04:51 PM

This is not side imaging… But it is a wall of channel catfish about 20 foot thick. They’ll probably 5-6,000 fish just in this graph shot.

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/17/18 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

This is not side imaging… But it is a wall of channel catfish about 20 foot thick. They’ll probably 5-6,000 fish just in this graph shot.
wow!
Posted By: go_cats_go

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/17/18 09:00 PM

Okay, unleash your fury of Minions on me but am I the only one that’s going to call BS on this?
Posted By: Jake Blood

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/17/18 11:00 PM

I am broke, this what mine looks like..

I think them are catfish... The one on the bottom must be the granddaddy.. he is 48.

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/18/18 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: go_cats_go

Okay, unleash your fury of Minions on me but am I the only one that’s going to call BS on this?

Yep it looks like you are the only one. pollo
Posted By: Drawout

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/18/18 02:59 AM

I would have a net full of channels cause I'd throw cast net on them thinking I found big shad .

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/18/18 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Drawout
I would have a net full of channels cause I'd throw cast net on them thinking I found big shad .

Yup, u sure would. That would suck.
Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Re: Channel cats on side image. - 05/19/18 07:15 PM

You boys needin some tacas????? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmaofishbreakdance

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum