Texas Fishing Forum

Twok (Anchor Inn) Report - 3/23-3/24 - Guess the weight (Carp)

Posted By: spazm09

Twok (Anchor Inn) Report - 3/23-3/24 - Guess the weight (Carp) - 03/26/18 02:19 PM

Went camping out at Anchor Inn this past weekend. Caught plenty of fish but it was a mixed bag and it was up and down.

Friday night was very very windy and we ended up with 5 nice eater blues and one yellow bass. Saturday we stayed and fished by our campsite that was pretty shallow. Caught 15 or so yellow bass, a few more eater cats, 2 drum and a huge carp. Sunday we only fished for about an hour and got another 5 yellow bass.

All in all it was a pretty fun weekend. Had some friends and family in and out each day and caught some fish. Me and my girlfriend fried up some fresh catfish and ate it on the side of the lake while enjoying the sunset. Can't beat that!

So back to that big carp. Not only was it my PB carp but it's also the biggest fish I've ever caught on the smallest line. My girlfriend was taking a break from fishing and so I was watching her pole, a zebco with 6 lbs test. Still haven't replaced my scale so not sure on the weight but this was a pretty epic fight. I'll try and get the video on youtube soon. How big do you think she was?

Posted By: taterpop

Re: Twok (Anchor Inn) Report - 3/23-3/24 - Guess the weight (Carp) - 03/26/18 02:32 PM

That's a nice healthy carp,I'm not a good at fish weight but I would sat 10 to 12lb .
Posted By: Dale Holmes

Re: Twok (Anchor Inn) Report - 3/23-3/24 - Guess the weight (Carp) - 03/26/18 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: spazm09
......... but this was a pretty epic fight.

If you target carp, you'll have lots of epic fights.
Posted By: Cat finder

Re: Twok (Anchor Inn) Report - 3/23-3/24 - Guess the weight (Carp) - 03/26/18 05:17 PM

15-20lbs. Nice catch!
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Twok (Anchor Inn) Report - 3/23-3/24 - Guess the weight (Carp) - 03/26/18 07:01 PM

Here's a link to the video.

https://youtu.be/ff9nMRzaToY
Posted By: sae

Re: Twok (Anchor Inn) Report - 3/23-3/24 - Guess the weight (Carp) - 03/26/18 07:52 PM

Good job , good fish.Zebco wins.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum