Texas Fishing Forum

Bridgeport

Posted By: randal87

Bridgeport - 02/24/18 06:51 PM

Does lake Bridgeport have any good blues to speak of? We just moved to Decatur and that's pretty close to us, not looking to fill the freezer, just catch big ones for now until later on this spring..
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Bridgeport - 02/26/18 01:35 AM

There is a few blues in there, I have fished that lake for many years, and they started showing up on a regular basis about four years ago. Most of the ones we caught were .5 to 2 pound fish. I'm sure they have been some in there a long time, but I just don't really remember catching any before then.
Posted By: Sirjet

Re: Bridgeport - 02/26/18 03:08 AM

From my many years of fishing BP. There are blues but not any monsters. But there are some giant flathead cats there.
Posted By: BridgeportGuide

Re: Bridgeport - 02/28/18 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: TCK73
There is a few blues in there, I have fished that lake for many years, and they started showing up on a regular basis about four years ago. Most of the ones we caught were .5 to 2 pound fish. I'm sure they have been some in there a long time, but I just don't really remember catching any before then.

Never saw Blues here either until the time you mentioned. GW Dowdy thought someone put some adults in here, and A LOT more came in the flooding. Have seen some solid 5-7 pounders. Big fish this past year was 12lb.
Posted By: BridgeportGuide

Re: Bridgeport - 02/28/18 06:55 PM

Hey Jet, How have you been?
Posted By: Sirjet

Re: Bridgeport - 02/28/18 08:58 PM

Wuz up Keith. I have been OK. Busy as a bee. But making it.

Randel87. I would hook the boat up and slide over to Lake Lewisville. They have some very nice Blues. Maybe 45 minutes away from BP
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum