Texas Fishing Forum

Shallow water anchor mounting?

Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Shallow water anchor mounting? - 01/11/18 06:51 PM

For those of you that use a pole you push into the ground for shallow water fishing, what are you using to put the pole thru to keep your boat in place?

I see some people run the pole thru a rod holder, but I do not want to scratch my boat up with the pole rubbing against the boat.
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Shallow water anchor mounting? - 01/11/18 07:12 PM

Catfishing boats are war machines and if your doing serious battle your rig should have a good amount of battle scars in my opinion. That being said, mines an 04 so its not the shiniest fanciest newest boat on the lake but it was built for battle and thats how I treat mine, like a catfishing battleship!! They make mounting plates specifically for your application or you can redneck rig one from YouTube.
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: Shallow water anchor mounting? - 01/11/18 07:15 PM

on my previous boat, pontoon, I was able to use a spring clip mounted to the deck. The shape of the spring clip wouldn't let the pole rub the boat. not sure that helps in you situation or not.
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Shallow water anchor mounting? - 01/11/18 09:06 PM

Here is one I pulled off my bass boat before I sold it. It worked great but I havent put it on my new boat cause I been drifting and running planer boards a lot more.
Posted By: Outfitter Nomore

Re: Shallow water anchor mounting? - 01/12/18 12:28 AM

Try This http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...rs#Post10535659
Posted By: Outfitter Nomore

Re: Shallow water anchor mounting? - 01/12/18 12:29 AM

I have the mounts and 5,8 and 12ft poles.
Posted By: Fritomick

Re: Shallow water anchor mounting? - 01/12/18 03:18 AM

Since we have the same boat, I assume you have a rail on it. If you do buy you 3 Rod holder clamps. Bolt them on the rail. Next go to Lowes and find you a long I bolt that will screw in the rod holder clamp and presto your done! Just make sure when loading and unloading you move them outtA the way
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Shallow water anchor mounting? - 01/12/18 04:23 AM

Either talons or anchors bud!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum