Texas Fishing Forum

MEMORABLE DAY on Richland Chambers!!!

Posted By: Gone Fishin'

MEMORABLE DAY on Richland Chambers!!! - 01/07/18 01:53 AM

What a great January Day on RC as a couple of TFFer's (Steve & Sean) and eight year old Son (Brody) joined me for a morning of "Timber Fishing". This Old Dog learned a few new tricks as Steve and Sean were Bass Fishermen converted to Cat Fishermen and wore the Blues out pitching Chicken Gizzards in the timber. Braided Line fishing Gizzards weightless on a #5 Circle Hook on Medium Heavy Rods with Baitcasters is not for everyone, but these Guys knew how to fish. The early fish were suspended in the first 4 or 5 feet of water fishing in 24' FOW. As the Sun got brighter the fish moved deeper. While I did the TM, the Guys worked the Bow of the boat just like Bass Fishing. Brody would take the Rod when Dad hooked a fish and I was also the net man. walking Man....they kept me busy!!! Most fish were in the 2-3 lb. range with several over 5 lbs. and a couple of 8-10 lbers.!!! We filled the ice chest, the 5 Gallon Bucket and the bottom of the boat! We paused mid morning so Brody could catch some Punch Bait fish and then finished off the trip with a few more Gizzard Cats! Thanks Guys for a Memorable Trip!

Posted By: taterpop

Re: MEMORABLE DAY on Richland Chambers!!! - 01/07/18 02:28 AM

Real nice catch,and some memories being made.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: MEMORABLE DAY on Richland Chambers!!! - 01/07/18 05:45 AM

Nice post and nice fish. Good job. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum