Texas Fishing Forum

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018

Posted By: Catfish Lynn

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 12/30/17 11:56 AM

Here is an early preview into January 2018, in case you plan to do some Early New Years' Catfishing. The full January should be posted New Years Eve, New Years Day, or the day after. I just shared this on another thread, but some might not see it, so here it is a bit modified.

Well, I managed to get the replacement 12' Alumacraft flat bottom boat on December 3rd, instead of Black Friday weekend, as I finally got the SS luggage rack transferred to the 1990 Geo Metro the day before. I ran into a slight problem & had to modify the way I was going to do it, only about 3 times. The luggage rack is sturdy & if it goes, the car goes with it. It (the boat, not the luggage rack) is for more research in the shallows at Running Branch on Lake Limestone, from RB out to the Near Corner of the RB Fork. It replaces my Dad's 1962 Sears Elgin 12' (I miss that old boat, as I last had a 15 HP Sea King/Chrysler on it- ran up to 25 MPH, I could even go up or downriver sideways; even if only paddling for its final years- very sturdy boat- deeper hull too) that was stolen while chain & padlocked August 1999 down the road 1.5 miles at the 2nd bridge on Navasota River. The Elgin was used in the early research of the Catfish Calendar from 1981 thru 1986 on 3 rivers- Brazos, Navasota, and Trinity [all off of TX 21].

Anyways, I have not been able to put the numbers on, due to too cold, and damp lately. Or, set up my front brace setup for running lines (needs to be warmer & drier for the clear silicone to set up properly). It will be made of overlaying treated 2 x 4s and will have the plastic cleats, plus absorb impact to banks & such, instead of direct hull. Then there is the Dip Net Tube shoot (to hold upo to 5 nets), which I have not figured out where (other than which side) it will be. And I plan to have a little scope (fish finder) as well. If you ever saw my setup with the 14 foot Mon Ark, everybody knows it by the PVC roof frame (a couple were reinforced with 1/2" rebar inside). I plan to at least do a front flip up frame with LED adjustable lights (can be used for cruising at night or flipped down to run & bait lines), but easily detached when time to exit.

So it looks like I will be stuck winterizing the place out here on Saturday, then working on the Hard Copy layout of the 2018 Catfish Calendar. But I will be looking forward to February/March as to getting back on the water & testing a few new things. And we'll see if "The Giant" is still roaming in the No Wake Zone near RB, or if perhaps somebody caught it.

Oh yeah, let's see, Saturday & Sunday (30th/31st) are BlueCat days (aka BC). And Monday/Tuesday (1st/2nd) are YC (YellowCat days), but the Blues still bite good on those YC days (but more plentiful on BC days). Also, 31st/1st/2nd (Sun/Mon/Tues) is a 3 day PYC run (My Personal YellowCat days according to the YC pattern I found). Then BC days come back in force (May the Catfish Force be with you, Always!), for a 4 day run Wed thru Sat to start off the New Year. But then turns to a 2 day dip in action, as to ZIP marked for Sun/Mon (7th/8th). Then perhaps some good ChannelCats (CC) action on BFT [Buffet days) running from 9th thru 11th (Tues thru Thurs). And in there, the 10th & 11th (Wed/Thurs) are also PYC days. There ya go, a preview of the front part of January for New Years.

And July 4th & Thanksgiving Holidays are looking good for 2018, if I recall. Hold on ... YEP!

Speaking of the Force, if you have not seen it yet, "The Last Jedi" (#8 of the 9 original Star Wars episodes of the Skywalker clan) is Great!!! Old Heroes, New Heroes, lots of tricks & ingenuity to get out of those moments when you think they can't get out of grim & hopeless situations. I hope to see it once more, then get the DVD when it comes out.

Have a Great Start to this New Year!!!
WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKET, it is Your Life!!!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 01/11/18 08:53 AM

Greetings for 2018!!!

I guess I best post this, as the Preview expired yesterday if I recall correctly. Nope, it runs out today. I just looked.

As much as we are having a couple of bitter cold Arctic Blasts, it probably is a good thing, as this past Spring here, we & others locally got hit with a Millipede Stampede. I'm talking not thousands, but probably millions of the little critters. They drive you nuts & they really have a smell if you step on them. They crawl the floors, walls, and ceilings. And get into almost everything. The deep freezes are good to knock them down. And hopefully keep them to a minimum this next Spring. We finally called the Texas A&M research (Agriculture division), to get their take & possible reason. We were given a special item (pesticide) name to look for. It seems the stuff runs about $50 for a dose of the concentrate, not your ordinary priced type. We almost bought some, but they were finally dwindling down. But if they flare up again this year, we know what will supposedly knock them down. Not sure, but I did not try any millipedes for bait. They definitely climbed & hung around Post Oaks, Live Oaks, and Pin Oaks trees.

And I am sure the trees really like the deep freeze, as they can finally get a vacation for the winter. All of this weather going back & forth probably drives them "nuts". And of course, this good cold bite, helps to knock out thermocline, for sure. And that of course helps out on Cold Weather months for Big BlueCat fishing, from late Octuber thru the end of February. Of which is Big Blue month for some, speaking of February. You'll be happy to know, that if you only are available for weekends between now (Jan. 11th) thru the end of February, there are a few to be found (Sat/Sun BC days). Look for them on this Saturday/Sunday in February: 10th/11th. Also on Sat Feb 3rd. For more BC runs for January, see below for the list.

Just in case you are just now tuning in, you can back up to a little of the background behind the Calendar and tips along the way shared in the yearly threads. I was blessed to have been taught by two YellowCat teachers, and learned from what they had been taught, as well as learned from their experience. However, I stumbled upon the Calendar by accident (or was it?). I tell everybody I didn't create it, I just discovered it. The pattern was already there, but due to circumstances it unfolded & then I had to wonder. Well, there is no wonder any more. Many are finding out that the Calendar works. As of the end of the 2017 yearly thread, it has averaged out to more than a 1000 hits per month. That should tell you something. I am amazed at the testimonies over the years & always thrilled to receive your feedback.

You know its (Catfish Calendar) results are impressive, when you not only hear feedback that it works from one person, but their whole family-- be it husbands & wives; husbands, wives & kids; multiple families of siblings; bass fishermen who also fish for YellowCats; groups; and more.

So, if you are new, or keeping track, here on the TFF are your links to the previous years, as well as this current year's thread:

Previously since about mid-2010 here on the TFF...
2010 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5176857/1>
2011 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5657988/1>
2012 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/7059981/1>
2013 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/8477517/1>
2014 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/9620277/1>
2015 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10541276/1>
2016 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11325915/1>
2017 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12013552/1>

And this year's [2018] thread started with a preview into the first 1.5 weeks of January...
2018 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12556618/1>

And of course, in side news, I am working on the next phase of research, outfitting my new AlumaCraft 12' flat bottom for Shallow water Calendar research of Lake Limestone's Running Branch fork, from RB Marina Store & Campground and all the way out to the bottom of the lake at the water pump station, but especially in the big 15 minute putt-putt drive of the No Wake Zone. We will see if "The Giant" is still around. In case you have missed it, I am estimating this big Op (spotted Yellow) at over 100 pounds. Its tail spans at least a foot. Its head fills a spotlight (speaking of shining your light on it). I have not seen it, but one of my early 2008 Calendar & YC students have. I myself had it on several times while running trotlines. It runs like a Tractor Pull, going slow, but in full control, as it even takes you & the boat for a ride, until it gets off.

And yes, I am working on the hard copy (printed) 2018 Catfish Calendar. The standard wire bound is the first to get rolling. Hopefully this year I will be able to get the other versions out as well. As soon as I have it at the printers, I'll give you a shout. As some people like to map out the whole year for their Catfishing.

OK, 'nuff said. Be safe, Wear those Life Jackets! They only work if you have them on.

Here ya go ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- JANUARY 2018
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / 1 YC | 2 YC | 3 BC | 4 BC | 5 BC | 6 BC
7 ZIP | 8 ZIP | 9 BFT | 10 BFT | 11 BFT | 12 ZIP | 13 ZIP
14 ZIP | 15 ZIP | 16 ZIP | 17 BC | 18 BC | 19 YC | 20 YC
21 YC | 22 ZIP | 23 ZIP | 24 BC | 25 BC | 26 ZIP | 27 ZIP
28 YC | 29 YC | 30 BC | 31 BC
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- January 2018 Moon Phases---
1st- Full Moon
8th- Last Qtr
16th- New Moon
24th- 1st Qtr
31st- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- January 2018 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
(31)/1/2 (Sun)/Mon/Tues
10/11 Wed/Thurs
19/20 Fri/Sat
28/29/30 Sun/Mon/Tues

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month, by each week, are:
1st Week- 3/4/5/5/6 (Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat)
2nd Week- None
3rd Week- 17/18 (Wed/Thurs)
4th Week- 24/25 (Wed/Thurs)
5th Week- 30/31 (Tues/Wed)

***Always be sure to note that YC days (not PYC, as this only refers to the YellowCat underlying pattern) are also great for Blues. So when you have a clump of BC & YC days, press forward.

As to the KEY, it is the same as the 2017. But you never know, by press time of the "Hard Copy", I may add another Tip.

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2018 KEY:
+++++++++++++++++++++++
YC = YellowCat // BC = BlueCat // BFT = Buffet (assorted) // ZIP = Zip (not very good)
Tip- Always bait out lines the night before a YC or BC day.
Tip- Gator Gars (GG) run ahead of YellowCats, so bait out late (between 11 PM to 1 AM).
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack ‘em up on BC days.
Tip- Some variations or alterations are due to weather or other external influences.
Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar.
Tip- Near Full Moon, Gator Gars & YellowCats seem to feed a few hours later.
Tip- Your biggest YellowCats may hit best towards beginning & end of YC or PYC days.
Tip- My PYC Days keys in on the YellowCat’s Feed/Roam Days Underlying Pattern.
Tip- Bleedover works both ways- Before & After a calendar day. Take advantage.

Have a Warm, But Good One!!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 02/02/18 04:23 AM

Greetings for February 2018!!!

Sorry for not posting last night, but I fell asleep at the keyboard while putting February's together. I heard a sound with my headphones on. Even asleep, I realized it was Skype texts coming thru from my Wife Elena in Kiev. So I did not get back to finishing February to post it. Still working on the hard copy for 2018. I will let you know as soon as it's done.

I only had one good weekend so far, due to weather, to work on the new 12' Alumacraft flat bottom. I sure hope some rain finds its way to Lake Limestone area very soon, or I am going to have work a little extra, as current level is 4 1/4" low. That is the borderline to get out thru Running Branch in a small light boat. I guess I could rig up a few inner tubes to haul the gear out for setting out lines, in order to get the flat bottom thru the shallows (about a 50 yard stretch). Anyway, I'll figure something out.

In case your lake is in this regional category (includes Lake Limestone), here is a site that has some current lake levels-
<http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/fish.htm>

Here ya go ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- FEBRUARY 2018
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX / XX / XX / 1 BFT | 2 BFT | 3 BC
4 ZIP | 5 BFT | 6 BFT | 7 BFT | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP | 10 BC
11 BC | 12 BC | 13 BC | 14 BC | 15 BFT | 16 BFT | 17 BFT
18 ZIP | 19 ZIP | 20 BC | 21 BC | 22 ZIP | 23 ZIP | 24 YC
25 YC | 26 BC | 27 BC | 28 BC

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- February 2018 Moon Phases---
7th- Last Qtr
15th- New Moon
23rd- 1st Qtr

You just missed it. Two Full Moons in January, 2nd included the deluxe package deal- Partial Eclipse, Blue Moon, Blood Moon, Super Moon. No Full Moon for February 2018.

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- February 2018 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
6/7 Tues/Wed
15/16 Thurs/Fri
24/25/26 Sat/Sun/Mon

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month, by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- 3 (Sat)
2nd Week- 10 (Sat)
3rd Week- 11/12/13/14 (Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed)
4th Week- 20/21 (Tues/Wed)
5th Week- 26/27/28 (Mon/Tues/Wed)

***Always be sure to note that YC days (not PYC, as this only refers to the YellowCat underlying pattern) are also great for Blues. So when you have a clump of BC & YC days, press forward.

For the 2018 KEY, back up to the late January listing.

OK, a HEADS UP!
In March, the 2nd weekend (Sat/Sun) 10th/11th kicks off a 5 day BC run. It goes from Saturday 10th thru Wednesday 14th (Valentines Day). Hmm, just a thought, anybody ever tried chocolate for catfish bait?

Have a Good One!
And don't forget, wear the Lifejacket (it works best that way)!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 03/01/18 09:29 AM

Greetings for March 2018!!!

Yes, I am still watching Lake Limestone levels due to the recent rains. Seems tough though, as I figured there must have been a few good rains to fill it up, but it has not yet succeeded.

In case your lake is in this Fort Worth District regional category of the Army Corps of Engineers (includes Lake Limestone), here is a site that has some current lake levels. Most of the time, it is updated once or twice daily. But the other day, there was over a day before a new entry appeared. Maybe you too are watching for your lake to get to that level you like or want. As to me, I am looking for at least back up to a 2.5' to 3' low level to get out from Running Branch Marina easy. Once it gets to 3.5', the going is tough for small boats. But 4.5' low, it is practically impossible even for a small boat. Currently, it was showing, as of 2-25-18 Sunday 4:21 PM- 359.46 of 363.0 (full level) with a release of 6 cfs (cubic feet per second). That is 3.54 feet low.
<http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/fish.htm>
And at this very moment, Lake Limestone shows to be 359.51 feet, not much difference, so I guess the rains have not been just above the lake to raise it much. But there is still chances the next week ahead.

Sadly, I am still working on the Hard Copy (for this year's printed version) of the Catfish Calendar. But it is a slow go, when you plan time at the keyboard, only to be pulled to do something else, whether you want to or not. Such as the weekend of February 3rd/4th for just one example. Timing Belt blew on the Metro, so Life takes us down pathways unexpected sometimes.

OK, Spring Breakers, let's look ahead for this month. Depending upon when your area, as well as school level (local or university), takes it.

Here ya go ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- MARCH 2018
XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 BFT | 2 BFT | 3 BC
4 BC | 5 BFT | 6 BFT | 7 ZIP | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP | 10 BC
11 BC | 12 BFT | 13 BFT | 14 BFT | 15 BFT | 16 BFT | 17 ZIP
18 ZIP | 19 ZIP | 20 BC | 21 BC | 22 ZIP | 23 ZIP | 24 YC
25 YC | 26 ZIP | 27 ZIP | 28 BFT | 29 BFT | 30 BC | 31 BC

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- March 2018 Moon Phases---
1st- Full Moon
9th- Last Qtr
17th- New Moon
24th- 1st Qtr
31st- Full Moon

You just missed it. Two Full Moons in January, 2nd included the deluxe package deal- Partial Eclipse, Blue Moon, Blood Moon, Super Moon. No Full Moon for February 2018.

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- March 2018 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
6/7 Tues/Wed
15/16 Thurs/Fri
24/25/26 Sat/Sun/Mon

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (March), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- 3 (Sat)
2nd Week- 4/10 (Sun/Sat)
3rd Week- 11(Sun)
4th Week- 20/21 (Tues/Wed)
5th Week- 30/31 (Sat/Sun)

***ALWAYS ... be sure to note that YC days (not to be confused with PYC days, as this only refers to the YellowCat underlying pattern) are also great for Blues. So when you have a clump of BC & YC days, press forward. Like they say in pool (or billiards), Rack 'em Up!!!

For the 2018 KEY, back up to the late January listing.

HEADS UP!
*** OOPS! I goofed & just caught it. I hope you did too. I noted March (in the Feb LCC TFF posting), when I should have said February. But in the second sentence of it (or portion), I noted it ended on Valentines Day (which clued in on the month that it was taking place. It was in February that the 5 day BC run took place (1th thru 14th)). In March, it is a 5 day BFT run, which is usually means good ChannelCat runs for me.

Looking ahead to April (glimpsing a bit into May)...
3 day weekend BC run- 6/7/8 (Fri/Sat/Sun), in case you want a good weekend of BlueCats.
5 day BC run for 24/25/26/27/28 (Tues-Sat), followed by 2 YC days (29/30) and into May- a 5 day BC run (1st thru 5th)

Be Safe on the waters!!!
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 03/03/18 02:48 AM

Thanx Lynn!
Posted By: Mark's Fence Repair

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 03/05/18 09:03 PM

Will this chart help for fishing in the ocean lynn? I always look at this before i go tuna fishing

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 03/06/18 05:36 AM

Not a problem gar1970. It seems everything & everybody here is keeping me stretched thin as to have any spare time to do anything. Was hoping to get Calendar done & fish Feb/March. Then I was shooting for Mar/April. Looks like I won't hit the water until April/May now.

Mark, the Calendar is geared for Yellows, Blues, & Gator Gars. The Gator Gars run the same pattern as do Yellows, but seem to take the lead, meaning their timing is a few hours ahead of Yellows. Ron, my boss, is supposed to be making records of his Crappie trips, as I gave hima notebook full of cheat sheets for him to jot down simple & brief info. Once he has a pile, then my plan is to sit down, compare his catches to my calendar & some other data, to see if I can pin the "tail" on a Crappie pattern. As for the salt water fish, all I can say, is keep logs as to conditions (such as weather & such), your catches & baits & how or what way you were fishing. You don't have to write a 50 page report, but one page of notes for a day's trip is priceless. As to Channels, my best with them is during the BFT days. But ChannelCats, WhiteCats, and MudCats (Bullheads) were not part of my research. While I was researching Yellows, I stumbled into Blues sort of by accident. And in the early phase, I also started catching a lot of big Gator Gars (30 to 45 pounders) while I was researching the pattern for Yellows, so I stumbled into that as well.

If you take notes, you might find that the fish you are trying for, is hitting on one of the 4 "sigs" of My Catfish Calendar. I can tell you this though, Nothing is by Chance. Chance is Law not Recognized. There is nothing in Creation which does not have underlying patterns. As the Native American saying goes, Man does not weave the web of Life, He is merely a strand in it. It is merely in Observance & finding the patterns, that you learn of how fascinating the Physical Realm has been layed out.

Anyway, the simplest manner is to take notes, compare to the Calendar, then see which fish you are going for, is closest to as my 4 "sigs", as to greater volume catches.

To the best of my Knowledge, the Catfish Calendar works not just in Texas, but across the USA. I am sure it extends up into Canada, as well as Central America & into South America. The pattern is for YellowCats, BlueCats, and Gator Gars. And possibly a glimpse into ChannelCats.

The closest thing to a YellowCat in Europe is the Wels Catfish & the Sheatfish. I am betting it will work on them (as to YC pattern).

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 04/02/18 06:16 AM

Greetings for April 2018!!!

Well, my lake level has risen & its almost show time. Lake Limestone, as of a few minutes ago, is officially at 362.05 foot (of 363.0 feet set Lake Level). So it is now just under a foot low. Darrel used to tell me at Running Branch, that they used to keep it at 362.5 feet (6" low). Possibly to help control flooding. Which in the past 8 or so years has not really gotten out of hand since the 2011 drought that brought it down to an unreal 10' low.

I almost have the new 12' AlumaCraft flat bottom outfitted the way I want to run set lines, mostly jugs & trotlines. If I get my sister's Johnson 3.5 HP, I might make it down to the Near Corner (where the Running Branch fork hits at the bottom of the lake by the water pump station). If not, then I will be getting pure exercise paddling around from RB Marina to about midway into the No Wake Zone. If you see it, it will be easy to identify, as it will have 3 Squared upside down "U" PVC roof frames (with electrical metal conduit inside to brace it. And a sleugh (5 or 6) Dipnets standing up, along a few gaffs from an array of 1 1/2" PVC setup up front to one side for a hand's reach from the front seat. Currently will only be using portable battery operated lights. I have the new LED ones (using 3-> AAA) & the older style as Back up (uses 2-> D).

Just put up the tent, and luckily it had pictures on or in the bag, since it has been about 5 or 6 years since I used it last. James finally found the Eagle Cuda 300 Fish Finder, as it was buried in his side of my storage building. My grandson Willan & he almost had to empty it out to find it in there on Friday (9th). For now, I don't think i will be running lights, bilge pumps, or such, so I may just borrow my little battery from the Predator 8750 watt Generator.

Well, we just had a Blue Moon at the end of March (second this year & no more for 2018). I won't make it for this coming weekend, plus it looks to be raining. But hoping for the 14th. Naturally that is a ZIP weekend. Oh well, I will be spending the first day setting them out. And return every weekend to hit it hard. I will be testing a few things, as to baits, the boat setup, and items related to Lynn's Catfish Calendar. Research, don't ya know!

Also, for those taking the Brazos River YellowCat Night Tourney on Saturday April 21st, see what the Calendar & also the separate PYC days reveal below.

Here ya go ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- APRIL 2018
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1 YC | 2 YC | 3 YC | 4 ZIP | 5 ZIP | 6 BC | 7 BC
8 BC | 9 BFT | 10 BFT | 11 YC | 12 YC | 13 ZIP | 14 ZIP
15 ZIP | 16 ZIP | 17 ZIP | 18 ZIP | 19 ZIP | 20 YC | 21 BC
22 ZIP | 23 ZIP | 24 BC | 25 BC | 26 BC | 27 BC | 28 BC
29 YC | 30 YC

Oh, by the way, last year I got this testimony, thought I would share it, as they are concerning April & May ...
++++++++++
Friend and I caught 4 and had 2 more hung up we didn't land in April using your dates on the South Llano.
Another friend caught 15 in three days in May on the Leon and when I checked your dates they coincided!
You are making a believer out of me!
++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- April 2018 Moon Phases---
8th- Last Qtr
15th- New Moon
22nd- 1st Qtr
29th- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- April 2018 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
2/3 Mon/Tues
11/12 Wed/Thurs
20/21/22 Fri/Sat/Sun (*** even though the Calendar says BC, my PYC days reveal it to be the 2nd of a 3 day run for Yellows)
29/30 Sun/Mon

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (March), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- 6/7 (Fri/Sat)
2nd Week- 8 (Sun)
3rd Week- 21 (Sat)
4th Week- 24/25/26/27/28 (Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat)
5th Week- None

***ALWAYS ... be sure to note that YC days (not to be confused with PYC days, as this only refers to the YellowCat underlying pattern) are also great for Blues. So when you have a clump of BC & YC days, press forward. Like they say in pool (or billiards), Rack 'em Up!!!

For the 2018 KEY ...

+++++++++++++++++++++++
YC = YellowCat // BC = BlueCat // BFT = Buffet (assorted) // ZIP = Zip (not very good)
Tip- Gator Gars (GG) run ahead of YellowCats, so bait out late (between 11 PM to 1 AM).
Tip- Some variations or alterations are due to weather or other external influences.
Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar.
Tip- Your biggest YellowCats may hit best towards beginning & end of YC or PYC days.

Looking ahead to May ...
5 day BC run- 1/2/3/4/5 (Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat), in case you want a good run of BlueCats.
3 day BC run for 21/22/23 (Mon/Tues/Wed)
3 day BC run for 28/29/30 (Mon/Tues/Wed)

Be Safe on the waters, Wear Your Life Jacket!!!
Set an Example for others!!!
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 04/02/18 02:22 PM

Can you post a pic of the 12ft alumacraft? Especially the upside down pvc U

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 04/04/18 08:48 AM

I unassembled & flipped the boat back over on the treated 2x4s on plastic sawhorses, due to the rain coming, right after I tore down the tent, Monday after I got in from work with just an hour left before dark.

If it turns out OK Sunday (as to no rain), I might flip it back over, get the apparatus ("fixins") out & then do a qwik assemble of items. Taking pictures of items, before & after assembly. You see, I have to fashion the items, so as not to cause a problem as it will head to the lake upside down on a steel luggage rack, via a 1990 Geo Metro. And Yes, it drives fine, between 55 MPH to 65 MPH. I have a small plate of plywood, that I put on the luggage rack. It helps to absorb impact metal to metal (aluminum to steel).

Currently, I have not worked on getting my truck (72 Chevy C10 P/U) since it broke down in 2012 (after I did too, as to heart & BP issues). So, I have taken the steel luggage rack off the 75 Olds Vista Cruiser SW & put it on the 93 Ford Tempo. I was attaching Jo's (my sister's) 12' V-style PortaBote on the rack either folded up, or put together. But the AT went out (on the Tempo) in May 2016, so I finally got the rack on the 90 Geo Metro (completed that task the 1st weekend of December 2017). It is really neat, as I can look over the boat while it is on the rack.

I called that Saturday evening (Dec. 2nd) & asked Academy what time they opened Sunday. Then told them what I planned to get. I said it was their AlumaCraft 12 foot aluminum flat bottom boat. The guy looked it up & noted they had not had an 12 footers in many months. While I was telling him- if thats the case, then they needed to pull one in for me, as it said online that it was only availble in stores, not by internet. I explained that if they did not have one in, then how do they expect a sale from it. All of a sudden, he said they had two 12 footers coming in the next morning & would be there before I arrived & they opened at 9 AM. Go figure, what are the odds? Sure enough, there was at least one, of which I bought ($619.99), no tax, as now you pay it (taxes) at TP&W when you apply for Title once you get it in the mail, along with registration.

Anyway, I will try to get pics within the week & post, along with an explanation (details) of why I did it this way or that. I'll post it in another thread. Inside the 3/4 Schedule 40 PVC is metal electrical conduit, to make it stiffer, and it keeps the PVC from sagging.

The roof frame (3 of the squared "U" setups) is for several reasons. I can also set up several items, other than provide a holder for a tarp which can keep the midday sun off you, as well as most rain, but you can also hang lights from come dark time.
Posted By: ScooterG

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 04/04/18 04:50 PM

Hey Lynn,
Thanks for posting the calendar! I just wanted to give you a little feedback from a recent trip.
My crew fished on the Brazos last Thursday/Friday night. Our numbers were not great but decent for fishing behind a front. We fished up north near Calvert where the water level was a little more consistent. We caught 26 blues up to 24# and 10 yellow cats up to 8 lbs. One yellow had a 12" shad in his belly. I went back and looked at the calendar to see that it was a primarily blue cat trip and our findings were right in line.

Congrats on the new boat. I've got a good 6 HP 1993 Yamaha 2 stroke that runs great for sell that would be great on that boat. PM me if you or any member is interested.
I'll do another post on here as well since you get bumped off by bass boats on the classified area.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 04/05/18 04:06 AM

"gar1970", when I get some pics, I'll get with you, as to best way to put them up. The squared "U"s for the 14' aluminum wide MonArk flat bottom, are a tad different from the way I made the ones for the 12' flat bottom.

Hey "ScooterG", I never did hear the final bit on the guy's boat that took the Brazos River trip awhile back. Was it ever found? If so, was it salvageable? Glad to hear you are still river fishing on the Brazos! Thanks for the update (Fish/Calendar report)! Yes you can tell it was not a YC run, as to being small ones. Wow, a 12" shad. Yes, those Yellows are like a vacuum cleaner.
As to motor, it sounds good, but I am about tapped, as I am also funneling funds into the Geo Metro. This week it is both CV joint Half Shafts. For this upcoming 1 month run (on weekends), if my sister's BM does not run, then I plan to get plenty of exercise paddling. I need the exercise & of course, to get back on the water & recharge. I sure do miss my old 1982 Sea King (by Chrysler) 15 HP (shallow shoal motor). It was short & stocky, weighed only 47 to 48 pounds. I got it on sale new from Montgomery Wards for half Price (about $800, was normal $1500). You said up around Calvert. Black's Bridge? If so, did you go up or down? From Black's bridge, going down, there was a YellowCat area past the second 90 degree bend (I never got there, but heard of it). Going up, after fiorst bend, then the very slow bend, it runs along rockwalls eventually up there. I am bettin' a good YC area there. We were in my Dad's 12' Elgin flat bottom & it almost turned us over, as it sucked one side of the boat down. We managed to throw our weight to counter it & kept from having a major problem. I think that was 1979 or 1980.

I better get some Vitamin Zzzzz (hopefully not at the keyboard like Tuesday night).
Posted By: ScooterG

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 04/05/18 06:46 PM

BNL's 14 Monarch is in the history books. We never heard a word on it after it went under the Hwy 60 bridge. I laughed last weekend because I saw the other boat that was the reason I didn't find it. They had borrowed a 12 ft boat with a 5 hp 1959 mercury to look for the lost boat and it broke down on them. Instead of me putting in at the Yegua and coming up river I had to go rescue and then go down river to find them.

It's gone and BNL built a new boat. His new one is 10 times nicer but cost 10 times the money. I'm two season's into my new one since a jerk off stole my motor 3 years ago. Same thing......way nicer boat but way more money.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 05/01/18 11:00 AM

Greetings for May 2018!!!

on the fly (go) here ...

Yes, I finally made it to the lake. Got delayed twice due to higher winds & work. Still getting use to a 12 footer (flat bottom). Very tipsy after using a 14 footer (flat bottom) since the turn of the century. But I am glad I added my raised front end, as it sure looks like I would be dipping water when running lines. I really have to wonder what will happen if I do encounter the "Giant".

And Sunday AM, I thought my sister's motor had the water pump go out, so I had to paddle out to the lines, about 10 to 15 minutes of paddling. But I can make a 12 footer cruise pretty good (as fast as near low speed with the motor running). But I played with it after running lines. It must have had something stuck in it, and it worked again. So no repairs for now needed. And I only walked away with 5 keepers- CCs (Channels). I was mostly using new & experimental baits. Running Branch does not currently have access to perch, which is what I used most of all over the years. So I will have to regroup on my bait strategy. Plus I realize I have some new mapping as to where lines need to be, as the lake is almost full & I am used to stumps showing at about 2.5 feet low. So I am having to refigure where exactly the "Giant"'s path is.

Here ya go ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- MAY 2018
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX | 1 BC | 2 BC | 3 BC | 4 BC | 5 BC
6 BFT | 7 BFT | 8 YC | 9 YC | 10 YC | 11 ZIP | 12 ZIP
13 ZIP | 14 ZIP | 15 ZIP | 16 ZIP | 17 BFT | 18 YC | 19 ZIP
20 ZIP | 21 BC | 22 BC | 23 BC | 24 ZIP | 25 ZIP | 26 YC
27 YC | 28 BC | 29 BC | 30 BC | 31 BFT
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- May 2018 Moon Phases---
7th- Last Qtr
15th- New Moon
21st- 1st Qtr
29th- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- May 2018 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
8/9 Tues/Wed
17/18/19 Thurs/Fri/Sat
27/28 Sun/Mon

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (May), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- 1/2/3/4/5 (Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat) 5 day run
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 21/22/23 (Mon/Tues/Wed) 3 day run
5th Week- 28/29/30 (Mon/Tues/Wed) 3 day run

For the 2018 KEY ...
Back up to the April calendar to review it.

Looking ahead to June ...
As for me, as to the BFT (Buffet) days), I usually catch more ChannelCats on those, even though CCs were not part of my original Catfish Calendar research. I have proposed a Lake Bryan weekend trip with my Daughter & Son-in-law & grandkids out of two possible 3 day BFT weekends (Fri/Sat/Sun) in June. Those are June 1/2/3 and also June 22/23/24 (weekend after Father's Day). You might want to try & see if you get better ChannelCat volume. I am open for feedback, as to to whatever your results might be.

Be Safe on the waters, Wear Your Life Jacket!!!
Happy Mother's Day!!!
Have a Safe & Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 05/08/18 02:48 AM

Just an added note for May here ...

I just wanted to take a moment to stop & say Hi to all the new faces I met at Running Branch Marina & Lake Limestone over the past 3 weekends, especially those over the May 5th & 6th one. And to let you know that each year, a new thread is made for my Catfish Calendar. And in January or in the first month, I usually post the URLs (web-dresses) of the previous years threads. So you can link back & work your way up to current for understanding the Calendar better & how to optimize its use.

Of course, I also touched base with familiar faces too. However, I did run into an old friend out on the lake (in the RB No Wake Zone) as I was running one of my 2 trotlines. When I first got there about 5 PM or 5:30 PM, I had hopes of swinging one end around to go the other direction. Anyway, as I was going, I felt a little tug & realized I had one farther down. As I progressed, I was beginning to realize that it was a YellowCat tugging. And at this point, I now conclude it must be bigger that originally estimated, say a good 18 to 20 pounder. But as I got closer, those regular rhythm tugs were like clockwork & getting much stronger. I recall now having to rethink the game plan. Yes, this one will probably go a good 60#. That is how good & strong it felt. I now realized that it was awakening or becoming more aware. Then <<<Click>>> it dawned on me, that if what I was just thinking, I may be in trouble. I already had gotten the big net down. I was getting closer & was sure it was on the next leader/hook. It brushed the bottom of the boat. All of a sudden, it dove like a powerhouse. As I held on to the main line, there was a pop & my hand with the line went up.

You guessed it. That old friend was "the Giant". It popped the #36 green braided nylon cord (my leader) like butter. It kept the hook. This was my 4th encounter & I still have not gotten a glimpse of it. Jeff & James had 3 encounters if not mistaken. James (Jeff's son) got to see it's head one night. He said there was nothing but "head" in the spotlight. But then it turned.
As it did, its tail raised up as if to wave bye, to which James said its tailspan had to be 12 inches across or more. It took off with their leader & hook. I forget if it broke their swivel, or broke off at the swivel.

As some of you have followed the tale of "The Giant", you have heard me estimate that it is about 115 pounds. After that last tug, before snapping the leader off & taking the hook, I may have to re-evaluate my estimate, as well as upgrade my main line & leader lines.

And I have to wonder, would it have caused me to dip water in the front or roll the new 12" flat bottom over. I have said, this one is like a tractor. It just keeps moving on & on.

Until next time,
Be safe!!!
Wear your Lifejacket!!!
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 05/09/18 09:57 AM

So is this thing based on moon phases or weather patterns or.....what’s it based on? Im just curious because to me it just seems like it would be hard to “predict” what fish will bite on what days with so many other variables at hand like fronts, wind speed/direction, temperature, water and air temp, cloud cover, clear skies, etc, it seems it would be hard to predict the behavior of fish a month in advance with ever changing weather patterns. I’m curious what the science behind it is? maybe I can use it to pattern other fish species.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 05/12/18 02:52 PM

Just a few last minute thoughts I forgot to add the other day. I had a very good time meeting new folks at Running Branch last weekend. We had a lot of sharing with my next door neighbors there. Thanks for everything, including assistance, hamburger & hooks!!! Also those on the lake near my lines. Sorry that I only had one goldfish left for you. And Congrats to Heath & his group!!! They were running lines up at the north end of the lake. They definitely had a good run, largest was a 45# Yellow. They were using perch. I have not had a chance to look at the pics yet, that's how busy I have been. Hope you had another good run!!!

"Mckinneycrappiecatcher" noted ...
>>>
So is this thing based on moon phases or weather patterns or.....what’s it based on? Im just curious because to me it just seems like it would be hard to “predict” what fish will bite on what days with so many other variables at hand like fronts, wind speed/direction, temperature, water and air temp, cloud cover, clear skies, etc, it seems it would be hard to predict the behavior of fish a month in advance with ever changing weather patterns. I’m curious what the science behind it is? maybe I can use it to pattern other fish species.
<<<

Sorry for the delay. These 4 to 5 hour nights just don't cut it sometimes, as for getting enough sleep. OK, as for your question, yes, the Catfish Calendar uses the patterns derived from phases of the Moon, and other astronomical markers accordingly, and then my interpretation & experience. You see, I am one who is able to find patterns within patterns. Mostly, it is because I have learned to "click" in on these patterns, when things occur consistently. I once tried to explain it as simply as possible, to my two prize Running Branch Marina YellowCat & Catfish Calendar students (Jeff S. & James S.) back around 2008 or so. They got all bug-eyed, and concluded they would just wait to see my calendar when I had each year's finished project.

I explain to people that I did not invent or create the Calender, all I did was discover it. Everything in Creation in this physical realm runs patterns. It is ingrained in everything, regardless of how much it is overlooked or not realized.

You see, I was taught by two YellowCat teachers as to everything they knew & were taught. Yes, I had a vast amount of knowledge as to YellowCats. However, I still rarely caught any. So it seemed that knowledge really did not help me. That is, until I happened to get a job which had a unique pattern of "days off". All of a sudden, I started catching YellowCats, again & again & again.

I realized that something had changed, and it must have had to do with my "pattern" of days off. So I decided to investigate further & deeper. Did I really uncover something? Was it a fluke? Was there a true pattern involved? So I mapped out a plan to fish this "calendar possibility" for 3 years on the Trinity River (below TX 21). And yes, I had found that the pattern held true for Yellows (of which I was investigating). But I also found two other things as I did (and had hinted to me) the year before mapping out those 3 years worth. There was a more erratic pattern as to BlueCats. Plus I found that Gator Gars seemed to run the same pattern as the Yellows, but it seemed their "clock" was set a few hours earlier.

The Catfish Calendar uses a primary of 4 of my "sigs" (signatures) assigned to each day. What this amounts to, is this is the one of those 4 that has the strongest "pull" or "spotlight" on. They are simply YC, BC, BFT, and ZIP. YellowCat, BlueCat, Buffet, and Zip. To assist, I came up with a few KEY items noted in my KEY. These are items I have found, concerning the Calendar designated targets (one of the 4 sigs).

Over the years, I have found that it seems the fish have a sort of ingrained "roam-feed" circuit switch which Creation has implanted. It seems they are triggered to go out every so often & roam (travel) for their food. Nature's way of kicking them out of the house for some exercise maybe. However, I also realize that not all of the particular in that species may run the same pattern. So I have estimated that 66% to 75% of Yellows, Blues, and Gator Gars run "Lynn's Catfish Calendar" <<roam-feed>> pattern. The other 25% to 33% run "rogue", meaning they run another "program' (pattern). I have compared it to the way most humans have their jobs, as to when they work- Standard Day shift (majority), such as 8 AM to 5 PM; Night shift (4 PM to Midnight); and Graveyard shift (Midnight to 8 AM). My calendar is geared for the majority, to get the most volume of your catches. Please note that this is an analogy of three groups, not times, for the comparison.

If you will notice, I have also placed an addition, referred to as my PYC days. These are my Personal YellowCat Days. Even though the pattern runs thruout the Catfish Calendar most of the time, sometimes another sig overpowers to become the one with the most pull or focus. What the PYC days do, is show you the pattern I came across, that was consistent with my dauys off back in 1981-1982. My suggestion, if you are going for YellowCats, use the YC days of the Calendar, as well as my PYC days. In other words, go for both options. If you see the KEY, I have found that Blues also bite good on YC days. However, do not confuse YC days of the calendar, with my PYC days, as for the BlueCat angle.

There are other tips & notes over the years here in my yearly threads of Lynn's Catfish Calendar. Such as Bleedover & how you can make that work to your advantage. That is why up near the first of each new year's thread, I also put the links to each year, so you can go directly to pool the information. Plus at least two times I have shared some of the testimonies of those who have used & are using the Catfish Calendar.

And finally ... Yes, there are certain conditions that can hamper the Calendar. But I have also noted how interesting it is when fronts come in on specific days of the Calendar. It is as if almost the Calendar knew the front was coming in.

And a final note. My boss (owner of the cabinet company I work for, I am over the Door Shop) is a Crappie fisherman. I have handed him a notebook full of my cheat sheets (forms to fill out of data on his trips & catches). If he is keeping track of his trips & such, I will be going down the line & see if I can get a bearing on Crappie. Currently, it does seem they do hit good during BC days & nearest the new moon (darker).

And I did not research ChannelCats, WhiteCats, or MudCats (the 3 species of Bullheads). But, one observation I have made (from my experiences), is that I catch a lot more Channels on BFT days. Another local catfisherman said they seemed to hit them on ZIP days. Anyway, I am hoping to hit the Channels & test it on Lake Bryan in June, if Eric & Kristina decide they would like to. There are 2 sets of 3 day BFT weekends in June (back up to May calendar to see my notes). As most know, I use set lines & you can only use R-n-R or P-L (pole & line) on Lake Bryan. I plan to have an array of set hooks (pole & lines) set out from the bank.

I hope to remember next month and share two more items on YellowCats. Key words are window weights & pressure, hopefully that will remind me (jog my memory).

Also, be sure & tune in on June's calendar, as I will clue you in on the week leading up to the weekend before & up to July 4th.

Be Safe this coming Holiday and any other day for that matter!!!

Almost forgot, I was going to add my email in case any of those from Lake Limestone wanted to write on the side. Drop me a line at <hlynnh@peoplepc.com>
Posted By: Gary Chandler

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 05/14/18 03:20 AM

catfish Lynn how is the soap working for you?

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 05/15/18 04:49 AM

Hi Gary,

Sadly I did not really get a chance to really try it much. My window for this slot, was from about mid April until about mid May. I had too many things that I was trying out (as for research & such) in all.

They were:
1) See how the Metro handles the new Alumacraft 12 footer on my special luggage rack in the 1 hour trip either way
2) See how the 12 footer handles, including my rigging and how to maneuver without turning it over
3) Just get back into the water again since 2013
4) Check out a variety of other baits--- (A) Your 4 varieties (flavors) of soap bait, (B) Sour Gummi Worms, (C) boneless skinless chicken breast soaked in Dead Red Spray, (D) Bar S wieners soaked in Dead Red Spray.
5) See if "The Giant" is still there in the area that me, Jeff, and James have encountered IT. I had wondered after the drought of 2011, if it had moved or came on back. Or if someone had caught it. It was possible I overestimated its weight (but I didn't think so), as I think a few big Yellows came out in the past two years up to 75 or so pounds.

The high winds & weekend storms prevented me from going until Sunday late afternoon April 22nd. I had hoped to have set out a weekend or so ahead of that. All I was able to do then, was set out two trotlines in what I hoped would be still in the pathway of "The Giant" a few years back. I did not put on leaders with hooks, just the main lines, as I had to place them with very low wind to keep from getting hung on stumps. I set those out & got back about dark. Also, we've been busy at the cabinet company, and usually I work late Friday nights to have the doors ready to go with a job for Monday. I am over the Door Shop.

Due to work, and maybe weather too, I was not able to return until Saturday April 21st about 8:30 AM. And headed home about 2 PM Sunday 23rd. I did get a chance on one run to set soap out. There are turtles around especially during the day. So I was pleased that they did not strip the soap.

Next round again, I had to curtail to arriving Saturday afternoon about 4 PM or so May 5th & leaving at around 2:30 PM Sunday May 6th. It seems I went off & forgot the sour gummy worms bag & the soap bait ice cream tub. I had them just inside my room & forgot to put them in with the other bait (which I had frozen several times already) in the Fish Tub (I use it for bait, until needed). I pulled all lines Sunday (the 6th), not because I wanted to, but I have several irons in the fire here at home. Plus 2nd & 3rd weekends of May were ZIP. Even though it will be great Memorial Day weekend, I don't feel like working around the crowds.

I am hoping to maybe have one or two outings before the late Fall. If I manage to get the 14 footer up & running in November or so, I might get to hit it hard. Plus I won't be worried about fair winds as much as the 12 footer. I have it (the 14 footer, a wide MonArk) set up in the front & sides that it is about 6" higher than the actual rim. In fair winds (like 15 MPH) at the bottom of the lake, I will be running lines on the big front seat sometimes as a wave might slightly come over to wash the seat. We had 3 bilge pumps, as well as have a spare bucket or so. Anyway, with the 14 footer I would be able to set certain lines in better faring areas. I restricted my area to where "The Giant" had roamed.

So, somewhere around the bend I hope to give your soap a good working & see how it does. I'll be sure to let you know.

Of my very scarce runs, I did find I need to alter a few things on my rigging. Don't be surprised if you should see pics on the net of a medium blue 1990 Geo Metro with a flat bottom attached to the luggage rack, angled up in the front (looks like a rocket launcher). And I confirmed that "the Giant" is alive & well. I almost had it to the surface, as it brushed the bottom of the boat before it decided to dive hard & pop my leader. I did not have time to set my overhead squared "U"s roof frame, but we might do that at Lake Bryan if my Daughter & Son-in-law decides to go for the 22nd/23rd/24th of June, as it is 3 day BFT run which is mostly Channels for me. We might get a shot at the soap then. Or Eric may want to go to the Trinity River (below TX 21), if I mention it as an option. I do not recall if I ever used soap on Trinity River. This was where I tested my Catfish Calendar from 1983 thru 1985.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 06/02/18 09:36 PM

Greetings for June 2018!!!

Whew! The Heat is on, or I should say, it's coming. Looks like it will be a very hot summer. Records were broken from SW to NW of Texas on Friday. So be sure you have plenty of water on hand to drink, even though you might be parked right on top of water.

Sorry for delay. I went back Thursday night for the TV news & did not make it back from the recliner to computer. Friday night I got to computer, but cratered at the keyboard. I did give you a preview of the first 3 days of June being BFT days.

First off, I was finally told that it is a GO, for a little weekend trip on June 22nd, 23rd, and 24th at Lake Bryan (Bryan Utlities Lake. I mentioned previously that since it is primarily a ChannelCat lake (as to Blues & Yellows), I wanted to test something that has seemed to occur over the years of the Catfish Calendar. That is, on the BFT (Buffet) days, I usually get more of a volume of Channels. As I have shared, I did not figure in, nor research Channels in my initial discovery of the Catfish Calendar. But I did notice, I generally get a mix of everything on BFT days. But over the years, I also realize there was an uptick in the amount of Channels caught on these days.

This month (June 2018), just so happens that there are two 3 day BFT weekends, one of which is going on as I speak (the 1st/2nd/3rd- Fri/Sat/Sun). But since it was so close to the Memorial Day weekend, I figured it might be better to go for the latter 3 day run. Plus, the crew headed out last night on their vacation, so they would not have picked the current weekend.

Now Lake Bryan is also a lake that does not allow set lines such as trotline, throwlines, or juglines. Only Rod-n-Reel (RnR) & Cane & Pole (CnP), so what's a setliner to do. Probably set out an array of CnPs, maybe 10 to 12 on the bank near camp, plus have out maybe 3 or 4 RnRs. Naturally, I will be taking the new 12 foot flat bottom to try some of that from R-n-Ring.

Anyway, I would be glad top hear your results of this current weekend (1st thru 3rd), as well as the 22nd thru 23rd, as to your catches. Did you notice a larger volume of Channels?

I mentioned if I could remember, I would share something concerning these key words- ... hmm, What were they? Oh yeah, window weights & pressure. This concerns YellowCats, so heads up for those who seek these out.

As you know, from here to there, we have touched base on certain characteristics of a Flathead, Yellow, or Op (Opelousas). I was told from one of my YellowCat teachers (Olen), not to deviate your lines more than 10 feet, if you have caught a Yellow of 30 pounds or larger. The reason was, Yellows tend to run paths. In the since of a specific route like a highway of sorts down under. Chances are, you'll catch more Yellows, by abiding by this rule.

My other YellowCat teacher (Newt), made note that in 1980, while we were fishing, that he needed to move his trotline as it must not be in the right spot, as he was not catching Yellows. He moved it, and boy Howdy, did he ever start catching Yellows. I know, because my motor messed up & I hopped on with him, to run both our lines. The Yellows tended to be in a specific area, from the 3rd hook out to the 6th hook. At about 3.5 foot apart on his leaders, that would be about the 10 foot span that Olen had noted.

I also have made mention of what I call, a YellowCat's region, territory, apartment, or hole. That is another story.

After a short while here on the TFF, we had a group that ran into the same phenomena of catching Yellows at a certain spot on their trotline, so several of us shared. In the midst, it was shared by "Bobby-Catfishing" (back on 4-26-2011) that someone had shared some on Yellows to him. That included tamping the bottom with steel poles (possibly rebar, conduit, or ???). What you were trying to find was hard bottom, not muddy. If you found these areas, chances are, you would catch Yellows. If you recall (some of you), what I refer to as "paths", some call them "trails", as to YellowCats or Flatheads.

Here is that thread < Flathead Trails > for much more info---
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/6116451/

Also, "opus" mentioned the illustration or scan pic that somebody shared in a previous discussion. I recall the discussion & it (the pic) being shared. I thought I had saved the pic, but have been unable to re-find it. Nor have I found the other thread yet. If anybody knows, then please share it. Perhaps the one who shared it, can post it again.

A few years back, not sure if it was before or after the Heart problems in early 2012, but I ran into another older catfisherman at The Bait Barn here in Bryan on TX 21. I forget how we started the conversation, but we carried it outside after getting perch. I had shared briefly about my Catfish Calendar & knowing when the Yellows bite. He in turn, said it may be similar to what he was doing. He had some sort of rig that showed certain pressure changes. When it did certain things, it was timne to go catch some Yellows, as they were biting. Somehow, the pressure caused the jug or device to go down or under, if I recall correctly. I may be wrong, but you have the gist of it. In other words, the device showed a particular pressure change that was consistent with YellowCats biting at that time. If you have heard of this, please share.

My last recent trip (May 5th/6th) to the Lake, at RB Marina, proved to be fruitful in many ways unexpected. I met a lot of new friends & great people. And we all shared. My next door neighbors (at the campsites) shared something I had not heard before. I think it was his Uncle who related it to him. He spoke of using window weights. For those not familiar with them,
a window weight is a cylindrical (round) ingot or bar of iron about 1.5 to 2 inches in diameter. The length could vary from 6" to 12". Your older wooden windows had rope on the side that attached to this weight. And there were wheeled pulleys. It acted to help raise & lower windows. On one end is a hole cast into it for a rope to be tied to it. My Dad used them for his set lines. I used some for awhile.

Anyway, my neighbor shared that you tied some rope to the window weight, lowered it & let out some slack. Then you travelled out some. I assume with your motor running at a low & steady speed. You watched the line as to how the weight reacted to the bottom it was being dragged on. If it was smooth, chances were it might be mud. Maybe a little rougher in sand. But if you went over very hard to a rocky bottom, it had a definite look in how the rope reacted. In other words, it vibrated or shimmied (shook) a lot. Most interesting indeed!!!

And as adding a bit more, here is a brief to some YellowCat Research that has been found by tracking and studying them. But just remember one thing, nothing is in concrete, except concrete itself. <My Grin>

This was shared by Chiprat (12-31-2015) in the thread < Jug lines for Flathead > :
<http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11315703/>

The Catfish Calendar focus as to Yellows, on the YC days (my sig that is of 4 possible that are shown to be the strongest for that given day), as well as the separate PYC days (My Personal YellowCat days according to the pattern I found). The Catfish Calendar seems to grasp some sort of what I call, a "roam-feed" switch or circuit that is inherent (implanted in their system), that somehow kicks them out of the house to roam (travel) for their food. And as they travel, they use their paths or trails.

Here ya go ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- JUNE 2018
XX / XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 BFT | 2 BFT
3 BFT | 4 BFT | 5 YC | 6 YC | 7 ZIP | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP
10 BC | 11 ZIP | 12 ZIP | 13 ZIP | 14 BFT | 15 BFT | 16 ZIP
17 ZIP | 18 BC | 19 BC | 20 ZIP | 21 ZIP | 22 BFT | 23 BFT
24 BFT | 25 BC | 26 BC | 27 BFT | 28 BFT | 29 BFT | 30 YC

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- June 2018 Moon Phases---
6th- Last Qtr
13th- New Moon
20th- 1st Qtr
28th- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- June 2018 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
5/6 Tues/Wed
14/15/16 Thurs/Fri/Sat
24/25 Sun/Mon

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (June), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- 10th (Sun)
4th Week- 18th/19th (Mon/Tues)
5th Week- 25th/26th (Mon/Tues)

Here is the Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2018 KEY ...
+++++++++++++++++++++++

If you're not a member of TFF (it is free), here's my E-dress:
<hlynnh@peoplepc.com>

Well, until next time, Be Safe, Be Cool, and Be Courteous (if at all possible)!
Don't forget, Life Jacket must be worn, to assist you!
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 06/05/18 04:12 PM

Lynn, I've been well aware of your calendar for years now but have only glimpsed at it here and there. Normally my schedule chooses what day I can fish. Was reading through some of this years posts and have a question.

How absolute are your ZIP days? Meaning, is it completely pointless to fish for catfish at all on these days and I should target something else? Or is it more of just a "hit or miss" kind of day? Sorry if you've answered this question in the past, there is just too much content between all of your past years of calendar threads.

I plan on fishing this coming up Saturday the 9th and you're showing a zip day. Hopefully I'm not going to be wasting my time!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 06/05/18 04:24 PM

Oh and also, I'm curious about the transition from one day to another. For example, the 9th is a zip day but the 10th is a BC day. When does that transition occur? Would 2am on the 10th still be part of the 9th's zip day? Would 10pm on the 9th already be into the 10th's BC day?

I prefer to fish at night this time of year to avoid the heat and the boat traffic.
Posted By: Millertimeatthelake

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 06/05/18 04:42 PM

Catfish Lynn, I still follow you like the moon ol buddy...It works and i'm a believer!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 06/06/18 05:08 AM

Everybody might want to catch this "brief".

OK "spazm09", I'll try to break it down fast & simple for everybody. The Catfish Calendar of mine uses 4 "sigs" that I was confortable with. It keeps it short & simple. YC = YellowCat, BC = BlueCat, BFT = Buffet (variety pack, you just never know), and ZIP = Not Good or Nothing. These "sigs" are the strongest pull for that given day. However, I also explain that in my best estimate, the fish (speaking of Yellow & Blue catfish, plus Gator Gars here) probably have at least 3 variations, as to programmed schedules of "roam-feed". My Calendar focuses on the main schedule, which I am estimating to be about 66% to 75%. That means you still have a 25% to 33% that run "rogue" (meaning dance to a different beat) that do not follow the majority. I use an example of human work shifts to illustrate what I think are the 3 groups. Your standard day shift is the majority. The night shift would be the largest of the two others. And then graveyard shift would be a smaller group. That is not speaking of times, as to them biting. It is just an illustration of what seems to be running behind the curtain. The Catfish Calendar helps you concentrate on the major group (as to the "roam-feed" circuit switch which seems to be in operation) for the greatest volume (of your catches).

Everybody listening now? If you are going to be fishing on a ZIP day, I suggest a wide variety of bait. Natural & others. However, since the Catfish Calendar is based upon a natural "roam-feed" cycle, it would seem they would be seeking natural baits. It is possible that stink baits (high powered ones) could trigger them to bite, even on a ZIP day. I have not researched into this, but have a hunch about it.

You noted you are going Saturday 9th, a ZIP day & Sunday 10th is a BC (BlueCat) day. If you are going more towards the evening, into the night, and early morning, then that is excellent timing. As I cannot pinpoint a specific time or times that the roam-feed switch is turned on, it is best to have a good stretch of fishing. I explain that there is Bleedover, in other words, it is more of an overlapping, not like shutting a gate as to exact time.

Here is a good example as to your question- Dave's "Meat Haul" post. Dave has been using the calendar for quite some time (6+ years). Since using the calendar, Dave seems to have a new perspective on catfishing. If you lose one, no big deal, you can always catch it again. He moved to Oklahoma, but was already getting nicknames in his neighborhood when he was here in Texas. In his Meat Haul post, he set out 20 juglines with only 2 hooks each. He baited out the late afternoon of November 10th, 2016 (was a ZIP day). He let them sit over the night & ran them once (pulled them as he ran them) on the morning of the 11th, which was a BC (BlueCat) day. He was using fresh chicken breast soaked in Dead Red. Of those possible 40 hooks, he caught 32. This is the way it went down. Lost 4 pulling them in, tossed the big one (pictured in the link below) & 6 smaller ones back in the lake. 32 minus 11 leaves 21 Blues that they kept (pictured also in the link below). And it was done by baiting out on a ZIP day & reaping the benefits the next morning which was a BC day.

<http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11941303/>

And I hear ya, about the heat & traffic on the lakes.

I almost forgot, even though I have now been able to incorporate my PYC days (Lynn's Personal YellowCat Days) into the printed Calendar, I make note that it is separate from

Here below is the 2017 printed calendar's January share, which might be helpful. Since I had been delayed in 2017, I had 3 months of Catfish Calendar Info to share & assist. "Millertimeatthelake" was featured in May 2017 with a nice Op
January 2017 shared on Bleedover
February 2017 shared some on KEYs & Percentages
March 2017 shared on Roam-Feed Circuit & Baits

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Bleedover

Some of you have heard me speak of, or write about, what I call "Bleedover". Simply put, even though the Catfish Calendar puts forth one of the 4 (the strongest) of my "sigs" (designations) for that particular day, it is not cut & dried, as to being a locked in 24 hour slot. An example of that would be- TP&W designates their day to run from Midnight to Midnight. The Catfish Calendar recognizes that as one "sig" fades, another begins, looking forwards or backwards.

So in essence, "Bleedover" is simpy a form of overlap, meaning there is not a gate locking out one pasture from the next. As you look over the Catfish Calendar, and plan your trips, you can use the Bleedover to your advantage. One example is Dave, of whom has been using juglines. Dave has understood the concept & the usefulness of mapping his strategy, along with the understanding & utilization of Bleedover. Dave mostly targets BlueCats, so naturally your prime pick would be BC days for catching the most. Second choice would be YC days, which also produce a good number of Blues. Third choice would be BFT aka "Buffet" days. Usually for me, I catch a variety of fish & the ChannelCats seem to be plentiful. And then your 4th & last choice obviously would be ZIP days. Of course, there is also another twist, my PYC days, but that is more or less targeting Yellows, not Blues.

Your life schedule & availability plays out as to when you might get to go fishing. You map out your strategy as to what you are targeting. In this example, it will be Blues. Recently, Dave planned a fast trip. Meaning, it was not to be a large amount of days, but would consist of two days total & only baiting them once. He set out jugs & baited them, and let them sit overnight to hopefully produce, as for BlueCats. He came back (Headed out) the next day to pull off fish & pull his jugs. Then head for home to clean fish. He targeted a BC day because of what he was fishing for, but due to the days falling the way they did & his allotted time to fish, there was a ZIP day ahead of the BC day. By understanding Bleedover, he used it to his advantage.

Bleedover in general, may overlap as much as 12 hours before a day & 12 hours after a day. So even though a ZIP day, he figured he could use Bleedover to assist his strategy. For Bleedover running before, my best advice is- later in the afternoon <Good>, in the evening just before dusk or dark <Better>, and after dark up to about Midnight <Best>. For Bleedover running after an assigned day, it would be- Midnight to daylight <Best>, early to mid morning <Better>, and last would be to mid day <Good>. You can see Dave's trip info & pics in December, as to his production results.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I still have not managed to have time to complete the setup for the printed calendar for 2018. But if I don't make it, I have a surprise for 2019. I have plenty of folks already lined up with their stories & pics. Last year, the last week in April that I started printing the 2017 Calendars, I had two cars that played On/Off with me into September.

"Millertimeatthelake", Hey Guy, Looks like you are doing all the good!!! I missed the Cinco de Mayo recent run-in with "The Giant". I am hoping I get a rematch in the Fall, if the lake does not go low. If I use the new 12 footer, I will have to be careful, as it has taken me & the 14 footer for a ride.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 06/06/18 02:47 PM

Thanks Lynn. That's about what I was expecting for answers, I just wanted to hear it from you for my own peace of mind. LOL.

Hopefully, I'll have some fish to post about come Sunday.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 06/07/18 12:58 AM

Glad that helped! Sadly, I was about out of Vitamin Zzzzzzz. Right after I barely managed to post it, I must have dozed off. We'll look forward to your results!

I forgot (or ran out of time) to explain one other angle or two. It was due to my days off that I discovered the YellowCat pattern. And it was due to that pattern that I discovered the Calendar. And then a slight BlueCat pattern, as well as Gator Gars seeming to run in kline with Yellows. And it was in Phase 2 (lakes) that I defined that while the Calendar & the YellowCat pattern seem to run in line most of the time, at other times, they don't. But by comparing, and with my experiences, I came up with the PYC days to rectify or assist.

The YC pattern I first ran into, seemed associated with my days off--- 7 on, 2 off, 7 on, 2 off, 7 on, 3 off, and repeat. There was a slight variable, as it seems to adjust here & there. My days off, was when the bite turned ON with the Yellows. While the 2017 printed Calendar had my PYC days on it, those are my picks according to the pattern & my experiences, when compared to the cycles of the Calendar.

"Big Zee" recently noted:
>>>>>
I have not heard the 7 off and 2 on in a long time. My grandpa always told me "find that pattern and your on the yellow cats all year." He was right. Good advice there thanks again.
<<<<<

I have only had printed calendars available for purchase in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, and 2017. It is by my experiences & feedback from others using the Calendar & also the PYC days that allows me to enhance the findings even more. I can only get a printed edition done if I don't have too many chores or such. I was really hoping to get a 2018 copy together before the New Year rang in. It did not happen as hoped & still has not. I may still make a brief late edition. But I have some special plans for 2019. I am betting if I note a "companion" to go with the Calendar, "gar1970" will know exactly what I am speaking of.

Another longtime user of the Calendar is "gar1970" (just mentioned) & family, mostly for Gator Gars, but Yellows & Blues as well. So if anybody wants to catch big Gator Gars, follow that family's advice, plus on Yellow & Blues.

I also have Bass fishermen who like to catch big Yellows on R-n-R. One noted the only reason they come to the Catfish section of TFF, is to retrieve the monthly calendar, as well as any YellowCat advice. Another noted they finally quit wasting time & effort, now they only go after Yellows according to the Calendar & PYC days.

Even though I have no spare time, I tend to take on even more. My boss & owner of the cabinet shop is a Crappie fisherman. We are trying to see if we can find a pattern on the Crappie. Everybody at the shop knows I use my Calendar as to Yellows, Blues & Gator Gars. I created some cheat sheets to fill out data of catches. And then I plan to "get the books out" & see if I can find a pattern. He should turn in the last of 2017 & all of 2018 in & I will see if I can come up with something. If anybody else wants to get in on that research, that fish for Crappie, you can email me at <hlynnh@peoplepc.com> or drop me a PM thru TFF. And I'll send you the cheat sheet to fill out after each trip.

In June's Calendar posting, I asked if anybody fished the weekend of the 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Or perhaps this upcoming 22nd, 23rd & 24th weekend. These are 3 day BFT runs. I did not include CC (ChannelCats) into my research, but it seems other than getting a platter or variety of fish, the Channels seem to come in greater volumes. We will be going to Lake Bryan (it is mainly a ChannelCat lake). I would love to hear reports from this past weekend, as well as the one later that I will be participating in.

For those interested, even though I have not been there in ages, My Facebook page <hlynn.herrmann.9> has one pic of me & a 57# Op caught out of Running Branch Marina on Lake Limestone out in the No Wake Zone near Laguna Jacks (camp resort).

Once you get familiar with the Catfish Calendar, then you will learn how to make it work for you to the utmost. There are pros & cons to set lines, as well as R-n-R, but the Catfish Calendar works for both.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 06/08/18 11:22 PM

Bummer!

I forgot to share a preview of the July 4th 2018 Holiday set up.

Here goes... June 2018 ends as follows:
22nd Fri- BFT
23rd Sat- BFT
24th Sun- YC [also a PYC day]
25th Mon- BC [also a PYC day]
26th Tues- BC
27th Wed- BFT
28th Thurs- BFT
29th Fri- BFT
30th Sat- YC

Then we head into July 2018 ...
1st Sun- YC
2nd Mon- YC
3rd Tues- YC [also a PYC day]
4th Wed- YC [also a PYC day]
5th Thurs- ZIP
6th Fri- ZIP
7th Sat- BC
8th Sun- BC
then followed by 2 ZIP days (9th/10th)

As you can see, the weekend before should be taken advantage of, if at all possible, whether you are fishing for Yellows, Gator Gars, or Blues. Especially if using set lines.

In case you did not catch it in one of my comments on one of the threads today, I do not have to actually go fish, to catch fish. Sometimes they come to me. I am about to go out & fillet some Crappie that the boss & grandkids dropped off while headed back from the lake before lunch. Just waiting for the shade to assist me.

Be Safe!!!
Stay Cool!!!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 06/11/18 06:56 PM

The calendar was spot on for this past Saturday. It was a zip day and I caught a grand total of 0 catfish. lol.

I'm 99% sure I was dealing with gar. Used live bluegill on a santee cooper rig with 5/0 circle hooks. About 10 times my rod got slammed and bent over 90 degrees but then whatever had it was gone. Later on after dark I put on a light up bobber and let the bluegill swim around freely. Four times something grabbed the bait and started running but as soon as it felt any pressure from me reeling in, it let go. The last 2 times, since I assumed I was dealing with gar, I opened the bail of the reel and just let it run for a good 60 seconds. Then I closed the bail, didn't pull at all and just let him continue to run until the line was tight. As soon as the light was tight, it immediately let go. Many of these failed hook ups, I still had my bluegill and there were obvious bite marks; sometimes big chunks of skin hanging off. What do yall think? Sounds like gar, right?

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 06/12/18 08:23 AM

Probably gars. What time span did you fish? From Saturday PM until ??? As for me, I got up Sunday 6:30 AM. Finished fixing up one of my cane poles (will be using about 10 for Lake Bryan 22nd-24th) & one new telescoping Lews R-n-R (I put 65# Spider moss green braid on it. Due to other factors, I got delayed from leaving until 8:30 AM or so. Drove across the street, one lot down to neighbor's bait store. gate close, said he was out back & give him a buzz. I forgot to grab TracFone. Oh well! So I backed out & headed to TX 21 & turned east. The second Navasota River bridge is only 1.5 miles from the house. But I have not been fishing there since the second (downstream) bridge (eastbound) was built. I had to cross the 3rd bridge, then eventually tuirn around & head westward back to 2nd bridge (westbound), pulled off & parked on concrete embankment. Grabed gear & chair, walked the drive path under it. Whew! It had grown up for sure, as to weeds & lots of Poison Oak. Walked the trail to eastbound bridge. Looks like much better, clear sand/dirt. Got to near bank, trying to get a fix on old locations. Just off to my left (downstream), largest on a trotline there was a 16# Blue.

I only brought Sour gummy worms. Set both out. Had one of my loop stakes with me, to keep cane or R-n-R from getting away. Still in the shade, a small breeze, nothing much happened for awhile. Finally lines drifted downstream with corks (cane out about 8', R-n-R about 15"+ out; hook about 2' down from corks). I finally check R-n-R. Bait gone, was stripped. There was one turtle spotted across the hall (other side), but I do not think it was the culprit. 1st gummy had been a blue & red. I put on another green & ???. I checked pole about twice. Checked & cast out again R-n-R two or 3 times. Bait finally flew off, so I put another red & blue one on. I thought something might be nudging it, so I reeled in. Got hung just before bank. I yanked it & brought in a 2 leader wire setup somebody lost. Cast out again. Later checked & got hung in same spot. With a 5/0 Kahle & 65# test braid, I finally had to give in & slice off line. Sun was coming in, the mud sparrows flying all around. You could see little ones heads sticking out near their entry hole. I decided it was about time to end it. So I tied off line on R&R.

I was about to pull pole, when it shot out of loop stake, but my security cord held, as I had a loop I poked on to keep from losing pole. As I pulled loop off & raised up, before it broke the surface, it was gone. So I never got to see it. I saw one small gar about 10 foot upstream earlier. Anyway, red end was gone, blue still on hook, as to gummy worm. The small fish were starting to play. And I headed back to car with gear. Time spent, about 10 AM or just after, as to this excursion. On the way out, my son-in-law had said he tried to get up & go, but just could not get out of bed. He usually watches the calendar & comes back with around 4 to 6 or so from this area. Some between 5# & 10#. If I would have had other bait to try, and might have stuck it out further. I thought about taking the soap baits I had from Gary, but I knew I would be slinging most off by casting it out.

So you can see, I am not a true R-n-Rer, as to patience.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 06/12/18 03:00 PM

Me and my GF went out with 2 friends Saturday afternoon around 5. This trip was more of a swimming/picnic trip with some fishing thrown in. Took the pop up canopy for shade and my little mini weber to grill some brats. I put one pole out around 6 just for Ss & Gs but there were boats pulling skiers close by so wasn't expecting much. Saved my live bluegill for later. Right around sunset I got all 3 poles out each with live bluegill and we fished until around 11:30pm. Most of the big hits were between 9-10pm.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 07/04/18 01:59 AM

Greetings for July 2018!!!

My apologies! I was about to post July calendar Sunday AM but got diverted by Elena (my wife) via Skype, as there was a dilemna in Kiev, Ukraine. I did not get to return & finish posting July.

Whew! The Heat is still on, or I should say, it's looking more to be a cookin' summer. Find shade & water as needed. If the wind is not too high, be sure & take advantage of your roof/canopy (if you have one on your boat).

Sadly, we cancelled the weekend trip on June 22nd, 23rd, and 24th at Lake Bryan (Bryan Utlities Lake). I was hoping to check out the bite on ChannelCats, as to BFT days. I generally get a mix of everything on BFT days. But over the years, I also realize there was an uptick in the amount of Channels that I caught on these days. I was not feeling great, as it seems I got a combo infection- sinus, ear, tooth. I had a low key dull throbbing headache for about two days before I realized what was happening. I am hoping to be about over it, especially in this heat. And the rest of the group have been running non-stop since they got back from their vacation. So we decided to figure out another trip when it is cooler & less hectic.

But if anybody out there, did try for Channels, to see what their catch was during the Fri/Sat/Sun (22nd/23rd/24th) or the first weekend of June, be sure & share. Naturally there were only two weekends in 2018 that fell this way, as to the Catfish Calendar. Both came only in June.

Here ya go ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- JULY 2018
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1 YC | 2 YC | 3 YC | 4 YC | 5 ZIP | 6 ZIP | 7 BC
8 BC | 9 ZIP | 10 ZIP | 11 BFT | 12 BFT | 13 ZIP | 14 ZIP
15 BC | 16 BC | 17 ZIP | 18 ZIP | 19 BFT | 20 BFT | 21 BFT
22 ZIP | 23 ZIP | 24 BFT | 25 BFT | 26 BFT | 27 YC | 28 YC
29 YC | 30 YC | 31 YC

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- July 2018 Moon Phases---
6th- Last Qtr
12th- New Moon
19th- 1st Qtr
27th- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- July 2018 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
3/4 Tues/Wed
11/12/13 Wed/Thurs/Fri
20/21 Fri/Sat
30/31 Mon/Tues

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (June), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- 7th (Sat)
2nd Week- 8th (Sun)
3rd Week- 15th/16th (Sun/Mon)
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- NONE

If you're not a member of TFF (it is free to join), here's my E-dress:
<hlynnh@peoplepc.com>

If you need the KEY, back up a month to the initial June posting to see the Key to the Catfish Calendar.

Be Safe, stay cool & in the shade!!!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 07/31/18 04:59 PM

popcorn

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 08/01/18 07:35 AM

Greetings for August 2018!!!

Of course, it is Hot!!! They say it is to be really nice in the morning, as a supposed summer cool front came in. But it sure was muggy Tuesday, especially after a downpour.

Here ya go ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- AUGUST 2018
XX / XX / XX | 1 ZIP | 2 ZIP | 3 BC | 4 BC
5 ZIP | 6 ZIP | 7 ZIP | 8 YC | 9 BFT | 10 ZIP | 11 ZIP
12 ZIP | 13 ZIP | 14 ZIP | 15 ZIP | 16 BFT | 17 BFT | 18 ZIP
19 ZIP | 20 ZIP | 21 BC | 22 BC | 23 YC | 24 YC | 25 YC
26 YC | 27 YC | 28 BC | 29 BC | 30 BC | 31 BC
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- August 2018 Moon Phases---
4th- Last Qtr
11th- New Moon
18th- 1st Qtr
26th- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- August 2018 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
8/9/10 Wed/Thurs/Fri
17/18 Fri/Sat
26/27 Sun/Mon

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (August), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- 3rd/4th (Fri/Sat)
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 21/22 (Tues/Wed)
5th Week- 29/29/30/31 (Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri) [Also Sept 1st (Sat)]

If you're not a member of TFF (it is free to join), here's my E-dress:
<hlynnh@peoplepc.com>

If you need the KEY, back up to the initial June posting to see the Key to the Catfish Calendar.

Be Safe, stay cool & try to find some shade!!!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 08/13/18 01:01 PM

Morning Guys and Gals...Just wanted to stop and say a big ol "THANKS" to CATFISH LYNN and the calendar for keeping me on the fish at all times...I watch the calendar like a hawk and fish it every chance I get without disappointment.

Both fish were caught on Lake Palo Pinto 08/09/18 (PYC DAY) smaller yellow was at 2000 and the bigger one was at 2023 on whole dead shad about 10" laying on the bottom in ~20' of water.

Keep your hooks sharp boys and girls

https://www.instagram.com/yeehawg/?hl=en

Posted By: sae

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 08/13/18 01:10 PM

Miller time what type rod holders on you boat?thanks for any info.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 08/13/18 04:14 PM

I use Monster rod holders, these are the Red Devil Series 33/45 for drift/anchor...absolutely love these holders and you can get all the different bases for them.

https://monsterrodholders.com/

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 08/14/18 01:56 AM

Very Proud of You!!! I gave you a Tool to assist, but as you use the Tool, you hone the other skills to perfection. They go hand in hand. Keep up the persistence & endurance!!!

For those that still question the Catfish Calendar, that's OK, it is a Tool that can be used, or not.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 08/31/18 03:44 AM

Greetings for September 2018!!!

YES, still plenty Hot!!! You know it's hot in Texas when the Grandaddy Long Legs come inside in groups of 5 to 10, jusat to be near the cool air of the air conditioner. And of course the scorpions take a siesta on the tops of the door to get the cool breeze as well.

Here ya go ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- SEPTEMBER 2018
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX / XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 BC
2 ZIP | 3 ZIP | 4 YC | 5 YC | 6 ZIP | 7 ZIP | 8 ZIP
9 ZIP | 10 ZIP | 11 ZIP | 12 BFT | 13 BFT | 14 ZIP | 15 ZIP
16 ZIP | 17 BC | 18 BC | 19 BFT | 20 BFT | 21 YC | 22 YC
23 YC | 24 BC | 25 BC | 26 BC | 27 BFT | 28 BC | 29 ZIP
30 ZIP
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- September 2018 Moon Phases---
2nd- Last Qtr
9th- New Moon
16th- 1st Qtr
24th- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- September 2018 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
4/5/6 Tues/Wed/Thurs
13/14 Thurs/Fri
22/23 Sat/Sun

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (September), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- 1 (Sat)
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 17/18 (Mon/Tues)
5th Week- 24/25/26//28 (Mon/Tues/Wed//Fri)
6th Week- NONE

Here's the KEY again ...

+++++++++++++++++++++++

To wave off dehydration, stay out of the water, but fill yourself of water!!!
Have a Safe Labor Day!!!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 09/30/18 09:40 PM

Greetings for October 2018!!!

It seems some of us are getting the rain, be it up in north Texas or south Texas. Sadly though, it is not amounting enough to get Lake Limestone up from its current 4.5 (4.45) feet low. It was about 358.55' currently Saturday, as to the full level of 363.0'. I am still hoping for some upcoming rain to boost the lake level up for this Fall, in order to be able to get out via Running Branch Marina & tango with "The Giant". We shall see, if the level can get back up to about 360 or 360.5 at least. We are still slow at the cabinet shop (not much overtime), so I am concentrating on several other projects at home.

I finally got my extra (about 3' x 3' x 7' tall) external room built on to one end of my (8' x 16' x 8' tall) Portable building. I managed to stuff all of my gear buckets in it. Three 5 gallon buckets of weights (for 2 trotlines & up to 13 juglines). One for Lines on my Dad's style of trotline boards. One for Hooks with leaders. One specialty bucket for items such as gloves, digital scales, toilet paper, cheap ponchos, hand warmers, and such. We also put phones & cameras in it when we go. A few other buckets for various items. About 4 paddles. The 3 squared "U" roof frames for the new flat bottom boat. The tent bag and Tent stakes. One medium tub of Boat items, such as the Cuda unit, lights, and such. A few Rod-n-Reels, 5 or 6 dip nets. And 3 hand gaffs. 2 sets of clamp on boat lights (one digital & one old style). And of course about 6 life prerver seat cushions, plus about 3 Vest Life Jackets. When I show all the items I stuffed in it, everybody wonders how it all fit. And I set it up to seal tight to keep bugs (including roaches) out. So now I have my gear easier to find as it is together & in specific colored lids (on the buckets). Then I have 1 of the smaller bait/fish tubs in there as well. This is mainly the set up for items I can take in the small boat.

Here ya go ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- October 2018
XX / 1 YC | 2 YC | 3 ZIP | 4 ZIP | 5 BC | 6 ZIP
7 ZIP | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP | 10 BC | 11 BFT | 12 ZIP | 13 ZIP
14 BC | 15 BC | 16 BC | 17 BFT | 18 BFT | 19 YC | 20 YC
21 YC | 22 BC | 23 BC | 24 BFT | 25 BFT | 26 BC | 27 BC
28 YC | 29 YC | 30 ZIP | 31 ZIP

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- October 2018 Moon Phases---
2nd- Last Qtr
8th- New Moon
16th- 1st Qtr
24th- Full Moon
31st- Last Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- October 2018 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
1/2/3 Mon/Tues/Wed
10/11 Wed/Thurs
19/20 Fri/Sat
28/29/30 Sun/Mon/Tues

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (October), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- 5th (Fri)
2nd Week- 10th (Wed)
3rd Week- 14/15/16 (Sun/Mon/Tues)
4th Week- 22/23 & 26/27 (Mon/Tues) & (Fri/Sat)
5th Week- NONE

For the KEY, back up to the September calendar...

Have a Good One & Stay Safe!!!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 10/18/18 06:31 PM

Going to Twok for the weekend. Hopefully the cats cooperate. Forgot until just now to check Lynn's calendar and it looks like I accidentally picked a good weekend. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good lol.

Hopefully I'll have some good pics for yall come Monday.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 11/01/18 03:07 AM

Greetings for November 2018!!!

Can you imagine the frustation here for the past month? I think one day here at home, we might have gotten 7 or 8 inches, perhaps even more. It seems rain was plentiful way up farther north & just south below Lake Limestone. Sadly, the Lake was just not getting any. Finally though, something gave & rain came in (pattern alterred a bit), not just over, but upriver to help fill the lake. It was about a half foot low the other night as I checked online. It had been about 4.5 feet low or slightly more. And with this front that just came in for Trick or Treat, I can hope that last half a foot has been taken care of.

That of course would mean that "The Giant" is still in its regular area or path. So whenever we pick up at the shop, as to hours, I can plan my "extraction" (catch) trip and strategy.

Wishin' You All a Very Blessed & Happy T-Day (aka Turkey Day or Thanksgiving)!!!
Who says you can't have some Catfish in their, alongside the Turkey?

Anyways, Here ya go ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- NOVEMBER 2018
XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 ZIP | 2 BC | 3 BC
4 ZIP | 5 ZIP | 6 BC | 7 BC | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP | 10 BC
11 BC | 12 BC | 13 BFT | 14 BFT | 15 YC | 16 YC | 17 YC
18 ZIP | 19 ZIP | 20 BFT | 21 BFT | 22 BC | 23 BC | 24 BC
25 YC | 26 YC | 27 ZIP | 28 ZIP | 29 BC | 30 BC

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2018 Moon Phases---
7th- New Moon
15th- 1st Qtr
23rd- Full Moon
29th- Last Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2018 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
7/8 Wed/Thurs
16/17 Fri/Sat
25/26/27 Sun/Mon/Tues

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (November), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- 2nd/3rd (Fri/Sat)
2nd Week- 6th/7th/10th (Tues/Wed/Sat)
3rd Week- 11th/12th (Sun/Mon)
4th Week- 22nd/23rd/24th (Thurs/Fri/Sat)
5th Week- 29th/30th (Thurs/Fri)

Not bad, 12 BC days in November, plus ...

Let's Wish for some Dry Weather for just a bit!!!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 - 12/01/18 05:27 AM

Greetings for December 2018!!!

Finally the rain helped fill Lake Limestone. That assures me that "The Giant" will still be there when I am able to return, hopefully in the Spring. I just bought the unassembled trailer for the 12 foot flat bottom on Black Friday. Then there is the putting on of the trailer hitch on the 1990 Geo Metro Hatchback. A few modifications to the trailer will be done.

Meanwhile, it seems we are stuck on 40 hours at the shop, so not much extra funds to do hobbies or research. In the interim time, I will figure my strategy, as to best how to raise (extract) "The Giant" from the depths.

Hope you did not eat too much Turkey!!!
Have A Blessed Holy Days this month!!!

Anyways, Here ya go ...
Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- DECEMBER 2018
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 ZIP
2 ZIP | 3 BFT | 4 BFT | 5 ZIP | 6 ZIP | 7 ZIP | 8 ZIP
9 ZIP | 10 BFT | 11 BFT | 12 BFT | 13 YC | 14 YC | 15 ZIP
16 ZIP | 17 ZIP | 18 BC | 19 BFT | 20 BC | 21 BC | 22 YC
23 YC | 24 BC | 25 BC | 26 BC | 27 BC | 28 ZIP | 29 ZIP
30 BFT | 31 BFT
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- December 2018 Moon Phases---
7th- New Moon
15th- 1st Qtr
22nd- Full Moon
29th- Last Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- December 2018 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
4/5 Tues/Wed
13/14 Thurs/Fri
22/23/24 Sat/Sun/Mon
31/(1) Mon/(Tues)

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month (December), by each week, are as follows:
1st Week- None
2nd Week- None
3rd Week- None
4th Week- 18/20/21 (Tues/Thurs/Fri)
5th Week- 24/25/26/27 (Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs)
6th Week- None

Have A Good ONE!!!
Stay Warm!!!
Stay Alert!!!
Wear that Life Jacket!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum