Texas Fishing Forum

Best True Punch bait

Posted By: Minner Bucket

Best True Punch bait - 12/17/17 10:10 PM

Ran out of the Lewis King stash and can’t find it for sale anywhere. I tried CJs last week and wasn’t impressed. I have Stubbys but don’t like having to put it on the hook by hand. So what is the best punch bait available? Danny Kings? We just fish for eater channels and blues.
Posted By: Catfanman

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/17/17 10:14 PM

I catch most of my fish on Danny kings blood punch bait
Posted By: rdmac

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/17/17 10:15 PM

You can't go wrong with Danny Kings!
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/17/17 10:22 PM

Benny Roberts Shure Shot

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/18/17 01:47 AM

How about big marvs cheesbait? Talked to Marv at Choke Canyon last week and of course he said his bait is the “best”.
Posted By: Joe Slab

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/18/17 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: TCK73
Benny Roberts Shure Shot

I'll second that thumb
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/18/17 02:26 AM

The best true punch bait I have ever used comes from Porter’s on 155 by Lake Palestine. It has cheese and crickets mixed in it. Now I just use Stubby’s exclusively because it is not near as messy and I always catch fish with it. The name of the place on155 is Porters Sporting Goods. I believe they make that bait in house. If I wanted to use punch bait, that is what I would use. i chooses to use the dough bait because it doesn’t get all over the place and I seem to have good luck with it.
Posted By: Dothead

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/18/17 02:56 AM

fresh shad
Posted By: Catfanman

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/18/17 03:04 AM

Fresh shad is a better bait for big catfish although you can catch alot of eaters with it but from my experience punch bait is better at catching eaters faster than fresh shad but like I said I like Danny kings punch bait the best because it simply works and it's easier to get than other punch baits because it's more available and you can get it at Walmart as well
Posted By: BAIT956

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/18/17 12:33 PM

Tried a lot of them, but my best bet has been Stubbys. Easy to use, catches lots of cats. Call him, he will ship it.
Posted By: Jeff G

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/18/17 01:52 PM

Big Marv's when it's hot, Sureshot when it's not
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/18/17 01:57 PM

The best true punch bait is the one that catches fish today, lol

For us, that’s normally Mr.Whiskers...but honestly when the fish get fired up, they don’t care.
Posted By: Outfitter Nomore

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/20/17 02:26 PM

MY normal is Big Marv's but I have a Batch working right now that I came up with, Shad, cheese and Wild Boar Brains. We'll see how that tuns out.
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/20/17 05:45 PM

ooohhWild Boar Brains??..Pretty interesting hmmm
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/20/17 10:35 PM

Usually have Danny Kings (agree with CJs not staying on the hook at all). Mr Whiskers is the BEST I've used so far but it's been hard to find at the stores near me.

Eric

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/21/17 02:52 PM

Thanks for the input. I will try DK, Big Marvs, and Sureshot.
Posted By: Coreywms

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/21/17 05:18 PM

I've been using Cj's Fusion Bait.
Posted By: mudbelly

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/25/17 01:15 PM

I like J Piggs. I used DK and others a long time but I think it's the best on Rayburn.
Posted By: Monkeypuncher

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/26/17 02:26 AM

What I usually do is go to a bait and tackle store close to the lake I’m going to fish, I ask the people who work there what they sell the most of. That’s what I buy.
Posted By: Ole’ Pops

Re: Best True Punch bait - 12/27/17 08:26 PM

Lots of great local baits in Texas! Many in Texas and across the country choose Sudden Impact Fiber Bait. It can be found at several Texas Dealers, Academy, Bass Pro, Cabelas or shop online at Amazon or www.TeamCatfish.com. banana
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum