Texas Fishing Forum

Ultra HD tvs

Posted By: DJB

Ultra HD tvs - 01/29/15 09:45 PM

Anybody have one? Its time for new tv and have seen them in several store s and was really impressed. What about the curved screens? Just a gimmick? Do I need a special signal? Im on Dish Net now. Found a couple of brands and good prices on Amazon. Would yall buy a tv online? Im afraid of how rough it would be treated when shipped. Any advice would be helpful I some of you have some really good opinions on stuff. THANKS
Posted By: COFF

Re: Ultra HD tvs - 01/29/15 10:25 PM

I bought my last TV online on a Black Friday deal. Didn't have any problem shipping. No matter where you buy your TV it has been through multiple shipping steps, and you are just as likely to drop it as the UPS guy. The difference is its on you if you drop it. The UPS guy drops it and you get a new one.

I can't answer your other questions. I typically buy the older tech for dirt cheap instead of paying a premium for the latest stuff.

Re: Ultra HD tvs - 01/29/15 10:38 PM

Thanks COFF, that makes sense

Re: Ultra HD tvs - 01/29/15 10:47 PM

Ive seen some at Wal Mart but theres no use asking any employees there about the tvs I doubt any of them would know anything about them. Guess I need to get on the web and do some research, just hoping someone here might have one.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Ultra HD tvs - 01/30/15 01:02 AM

My advice is wait a while before buying the latest technology these new Ultra HD TV's will be about half the current price in a year or so. I can remember when a 42" plasma was $3k now they are less than three fiddy grin

Re: Ultra HD tvs - 01/30/15 01:40 AM

True HR, But Ive got some money to spend right now. Found 55 inch Vizio for less than $900 on Amazon, but I just dont know much about UHD besides more pixels equal better picture
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Ultra HD tvs - 01/30/15 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: DJB
True HR, But Ive got some money to spend right now. Found 55 inch Vizio for less than $900 on Amazon, but I just dont know much about UHD besides more pixels equal better picture

This and getting a larger screen allows you to view the picture like it was a smaller screen. Get a 60"+ and enjoy. I have a 55" Sony regular HD and wish I would of gotten a 60".

That's all I got. Sorry. Go to Best Buy and find an expert if possible or try asking online.
Posted By: nitroslim

Re: Ultra HD tvs - 01/30/15 08:13 PM

Go to Cnet, there are articles on the Ultra HD vs. the 4k In short, Ultra HD has been around a little bit, and the price has come down. Most CNET articles say the 4k is not worth it yet.

Re: Ultra HD tvs - 01/30/15 11:56 PM

thanks slim.
Posted By: JDavis7873®

Re: Ultra HD tvs - 02/08/15 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Hard Rain
My advice is wait a while before buying the latest technology these new Ultra HD TV's will be about half the current price in a year or so. I can remember when a 42" plasma was $3k now they are less than three fiddy grin

solid advice.. not much to watch in UHD at this point anyway.
Posted By: PhilR

Re: Ultra HD tvs - 02/18/15 01:41 PM

^^^^^this
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum