Texas Fishing Forum

Propane Cylinder Re-cert

Posted By: theduke

Propane Cylinder Re-cert - 11/16/22 03:02 AM

Is there anyway to get a propane cylinder recertified? I have a larger (100lb) cylinder that runs my fireplace and would rather not replace it.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Propane Cylinder Re-cert - 11/16/22 09:24 AM

none that I know of.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Propane Cylinder Re-cert - 11/17/22 03:21 PM

For the regular 5 gallon sizes you just trade them in at the exchange box at Academy or the hardware store. Not sure where you would go for a big tank.
Posted By: JCBYEN

Re: Propane Cylinder Re-cert - 11/17/22 04:03 PM

Amerigas does it. Google is your friend.
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: Propane Cylinder Re-cert - 11/20/22 02:58 PM

Yes there are propane places that will inspect. I don’t know about your area, but I had the same size inspected at Smith and Smith propane in Killeen.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Propane Cylinder Re-cert - 11/22/22 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by kennerdude
Yes there are propane places that will inspect. I don’t know about your area, but I had the same size inspected at Smith and Smith propane in Killeen.

Yep, find a local propane dealer
Posted By: theduke

Re: Propane Cylinder Re-cert - 11/23/22 07:19 PM

Thanks guys, I thought that was the idea but wanted to check and make sure
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Propane Cylinder Re-cert - 01/05/23 12:05 AM

Check with a welding gas supply.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Propane Cylinder Re-cert - 03/07/23 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by COFF
For the regular 5 gallon sizes you just trade them in at the exchange box at Academy or the hardware store. Not sure where you would go for a big tank.

That is what I do with tanks for my grille when they expire. It is the only time I exchange. Those tanks only have 15 lbs versus 20 lbs when I get them filled.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Propane Cylinder Re-cert - 03/27/23 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by theduke
Is there anyway to get a propane cylinder recertified? I have a larger (100lb) cylinder that runs my fireplace and would rather not replace it.

For most natural gas related items that need yearly certificates, I just test them myself and print out my own certs and put them on the items. Never messed with a propane only natural gas.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Propane Cylinder Re-cert - 03/27/23 10:40 AM

Gas and Supply out my way does it.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Propane Cylinder Re-cert - 03/27/23 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Stump jumper
Originally Posted by COFF

That is what I do with tanks for my grille when they expire. It is the only time I exchange. Those tanks only have 15 lbs versus 20 lbs when I get them filled.

Same here. And when you do trade it out, I always check in the bin to get the latest certification date on the available tanks.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Propane Cylinder Re-cert - 03/27/23 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by theduke

Northwest Propane in Carrollton (972) 247-6121. I refilled 2 20 lb cylinders there last week and asked them if they re-certified them and they said they did. They said $10 dollars per tank but not sure the size ranges so give them a call. They are on Beltline just west of 35E.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum