Texas Fishing Forum

Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics

Posted By: junbengreat

Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 05/31/22 05:27 PM

I’ll start and before you make fun of my trees. I redid them last year but the grass just keeps getting in them.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 05/31/22 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by junbengreat
I’ll start and before you make fun of my trees. I redid them last year but the grass just keeps getting in them.

[Linked Image]

I’m not gonna make fun of anything. I couldn’t.

Your ability to make perfectly straight mowing lines on an undulating lawn area is beyond praiseworthy! Most people couldn’t do that (as well as you did), on a flat lawn. My brain absolutely loves seeing your lawn and I will probably open this thread a few times just to view it again. Thank you for posting the pic!!! thumb

Edit: I’m going to give you the benefit of doubt, regarding your edging work. Going to assume it’s perfectly crisp, with sharp 90° “hospital corners”.
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/01/22 05:15 PM

clap
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/01/22 09:44 PM

I think I have a fungus or something.

[Linked Image]

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/02/22 12:46 AM

[Linked Image]

I just got to figure what going to do where the tree was cut down last year
Posted By: Siberman

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/02/22 12:59 AM

Needs more trees , ( Just a personal opinion , not a critique. ) Yard looks good. cheers

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/02/22 01:02 AM

Yeah lived here 36 years and hated to lose that big tree Going to figure out one to plant ...
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/03/22 07:48 PM

This is the view from my shop after a fresh cutting and applying some FEature (1.5 oz. per 1000 sq. ft.) for the first time ever. Going to apply 2.5 lbs. of AMS per 1000 sq. ft. tomorrow which should green it up a bit also. Still cutting at .75" with the Honda HRX but will probably raise the HOC after getting back from Ruidoso / Cloudcroft next weekend. I think 1"-1.25" HOC for my lawn is actually best since it has not been leveled with sand. It seems to always look greener and better after raising from lowest setting.

[Linked Image]

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/03/22 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by TPACK
This is the view from my shop after a fresh cutting and applying some FEature (1.5 oz. per 1000 sq. ft.) for the first time ever. Going to apply 2.5 lbs. of AMS per 1000 sq. ft. tomorrow which should green it up a bit also. Still cutting at .75" with the Honda HRX but will probably raise the HOC after getting back from Ruidoso / Cloudcroft next weekend. I think 1"-1.25" HOC for my lawn is actually best since it has not been leveled with sand. It seems to always look greener and better after raising from lowest setting.

[Linked Image]

Nice. I think you'll like the results of Feature. Let it sit on the leaf at least 6 hours before watering.
Posted By: greenen

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/03/22 09:27 PM

My 2-3 weeks of the year when the grass is okay and the fungus is at bay. 102 degrees Monday. Here we go. [Linked Image]

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/05/22 05:56 PM

This is 5 days after applying FEature to my lawn. It looked greener prior to cutting it, but I am very happy after 5 days. There hasn`t been any fertilizer applied in 4 weeks and still looks great. Actually, the FEature (6-0-0)has some nitrogen in it but not much.

The bottom 2 pictures are after the application.

[Linked Image]
[/quote][Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/07/22 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by TPACK
This is 5 days after applying FEature to my lawn. It looked greener prior to cutting it, but I am very happy after 5 days. There hasn`t been any fertilizer applied in 4 weeks and still looks great. Actually, the FEature (6-0-0)has some nitrogen in it but not much.

Find you some tank mixes to go with featue. It's very tank mix friendly and might as well add something to it while you're spraying. Your AMS dissolves easily, I use a soluble triple 18 I like to mix in. Herbicides, fungicides and insecticides are compatible. Don't go over 0.10lbs of N per 1000 if you add to it. Which would be 1//2lb of ams per 1000.

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/11/22 01:55 AM

Good, not great. Still best in the hood. Have some dry spots from lack of rain and irrigation. Camera picks up more imperfections than what's there with the eyeball test. Going to bump up the irrigation a bit and rock the rest of the year. June-August separates the Men from the boys.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/12/22 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Derek 🐝
Good, not great. Still best in the hood. Have some dry spots from lack of rain and irrigation. Camera picks up more imperfections than what's there with the eyeball test. Going to bump up the irrigation a bit and rock the rest of the year. June-August separates the Men from the boys.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Looking good Derek. I have a few of those dry spots also. Have a sprinkler going in my back and front on spots that the sprinkler system misses mostly due to winds blowing when the system is running in the a.m.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/12/22 10:01 PM

All the pics look good to me. We have Heinz57 yards. The front yard is mostly Zoysia that Jman and crew put down 4 years ago. To my right and left the neighbors have St. Augustine so that has taken over the right side of my house. Interestingly, it does not appear that the St. Augustine is infiltrating into the Zoysia on the left side.

Front:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

In the back yard was mostly St. Augustine. Recently we had some landscapers install some El Toro Zoysia. It is coming along pretty good. We didn't do the whole yard just some spots where the St. Augustine was thin. Still a pallet and a half was $2900 installed.

Back:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/13/22 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
All the pics look good to me. We have Heinz57 yards. The front yard is mostly Zoysia that Jman and crew put down 4 years ago. To my right and left the neighbors have St. Augustine so that has taken over the right side of my house. Interestingly, it does not appear that the St. Augustine is infiltrating into the Zoysia on the left side.

Front:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

In the back yard was mostly St. Augustine. Recently we had some landscapers install some El Toro Zoysia. It is coming along pretty good. We didn't do the whole yard just some spots where the St. Augustine was thin. Still a pallet and a half was $2900 installed.

Back:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Very nice Bob! cheers

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/13/22 02:59 PM

Very nice Bob! cheers

Thanks Derek. Do you subscribe to the theory that St. Augustine will not invade Zoysia? The two fellas that installed the Zoysia sod in the back yard said that St. Augustine will not run into El Toro Zoysia. It would be great if they were correct, but they may have been just giving me salesman speak.

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/13/22 05:14 PM

Very nice Bob! cheers

Thanks Derek. Do you subscribe to the theory that St. Augustine will not invade Zoysia? The two fellas that installed the Zoysia sod in the back yard said that St. Augustine will not run into El Toro Zoysia. It would be great if they were correct, but they may have been just giving me salesman speak.

Not in a general term with all of them, but yes I could see that with Toro. Toro is probably the fasting most aggressive growing zoysia and wouldn't be surprised if started to go more into your neighbors than the St. Aug going into yours. Depending on mowing height growing conditions. Toro can be considered invasive. I'm surprised you're not seeing it in your flowerbeds unless you have a good barrier.

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/13/22 09:44 PM

Very nice Bob! cheers

Not in a general term with all of them, but yes I could see that with Toro. Toro is probably the fasting most aggressive growing zoysia and wouldn't be surprised if started to go more into your neighbors than the St. Aug going into yours. Depending on mowing height growing conditions. Toro can be considered invasive. I'm surprised you're not seeing it in your flowerbeds unless you have a good barrier.

Well that is good news to me, that Toro spreads. That would be wonderful in the back yard. It is only about 3 weeks old, so we shall see.
The Zoysia in the front is a different variety. I think it may be Empire. It still looks great going on almost 4 years. It maintains its color and thickness under the shade of the live oak in the front yard. But, we do keep the live oak thinned with a high canopy so it does get some western sun in the evening.

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/14/22 01:26 PM

Well that is good news to me, that Toro spreads. That would be wonderful in the back yard. It is only about 3 weeks old, so we shall see.
The Zoysia in the front is a different variety. I think it may be Empire. It still looks great going on almost 4 years. It maintains its color and thickness under the shade of the live oak in the front yard. But, we do keep the live oak thinned with a high canopy so it does get some western sun in the evening.

That's two nice cultivars you have. I think you'll see a difference in the two. Buddy of mine has Emerald and keeps it cut at 0.45 and it looks awesome. If you're not bagging and returning the clippings I doubt you'll even need to fertilize the Toro. If so it will be a small amount. I think you'll see that you'll need to mow the Toro more often. The lower you can keep both mowed the better. You got it looking good.

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/14/22 07:44 PM

That's two nice cultivars you have. I think you'll see a difference in the two. Buddy of mine has Emerald and keeps it cut at 0.45 and it looks awesome. If you're not bagging and returning the clippings I doubt you'll even need to fertilize the Toro. If so it will be a small amount. I think you'll see that you'll need to mow the Toro more often. The lower you can keep both mowed the better. You got it looking good.

thumb cheers
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/17/22 04:08 PM

My yard is not as nice as some on here mainly because just a small garden home lot but thanks to Derek and his advice it is heaps better than last year. After the freeze last year only about 50% of the yard was good. It is still not quite 100% but pretty close. Last year right in the middle where a Bradford Pear was removed years back the grass died and simply would not cover. I tried plugs they died. I followed Derek’s advice for treatments and it is looking pretty good. You can still barely see the bad spot but it is filling in and nearly gone.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/17/22 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Hard Rain
My yard is not as nice as some on here mainly because just a small garden home lot but thanks to Derek and his advice it is heaps better than last year. After the freeze last year only about 50% of the yard was good. It is still not quite 100% but pretty close. Last year right in the middle where a Bradford Pear was removed years back the grass died and simply would not cover. I tried plugs they died. I followed Derek’s advice for treatments and it is looking pretty good. You can still barely see the bad spot but it is filling in and nearly gone.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That is looking great!

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/17/22 07:08 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That is looking great!

I agree, looks really nice! thumb
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/18/22 02:40 PM

Thanks Bob your yard looks awesome!

cheers

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 06/19/22 10:21 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 07/03/22 01:01 PM

I’m not unhappy with my yard.

[Linked Image]

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 07/06/22 01:50 AM

We are starting to rock now. Love the heat. Camera picks up the imperfections which I like and know what to work on. The lighter spots are common bermuda mixed in my 419 bermuda. Just going to live with it for now.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 07/06/22 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger

[Linked Image]

That looks awesome.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 07/06/22 02:31 PM

[Linked Image]

An inch of rain over the weekend sure helped
Posted By: HookaToad

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 07/06/22 02:32 PM

Lawn is beautiful but looks like its about 5 feet low...the sidewalk is out of the grass...
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 07/10/22 02:21 PM

Can you find my septic line? Live in the country and no well so no watering here. We need rain in the worst way. Gettin ready to mow today but instead of two hours on my acre it will only take 30 minutes. [Linked Image]

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 07/10/22 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger

[Linked Image]

thumb clap
Posted By: ssanderson

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 07/11/22 01:17 AM

[Linked Image]

Attached picture 6CCE807C-4066-4D72-80A3-10054B9C5359.jpeg
Posted By: VIP Fishing

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 07/11/22 03:59 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fishn_man

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 07/11/22 08:09 PM

How much water are ya'll pouring on those lawns? My yard looked good until we hit these last two weeks when the temps went to 102 to 105. Now it's browning out and I can't seem to stop it. My water bill was $400 last month and I just can't pour any more into it. I have a 1/2 acre but it looks like some of these pictures are that much too.

Yard is too sad to post a picture of right now.
Posted By: VIP Fishing

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 07/11/22 08:11 PM

Same is happening to mine.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 07/11/22 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Fishn_man
How much water are ya'll pouring on those lawns? My yard looked good until we hit these last two weeks when the temps went to 102 to 105. Now it's browning out and I can't seem to stop it. My water bill was $400 last month and I just can't pour any more into it. I have a 1/2 acre but it looks like some of these pictures are that much too.

Yard is too sad to post a picture of right now.

yeah,
my yard starting showing stress about two weeks ago.
to much heat.
i'm only probably a third of an acre, but my bill was 175 this month........

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 07/11/22 09:09 PM

I'm watering every third day, right now 1/2" of irrigation per zone (5k sq feet). Got the bill on Saturday and it was $121.
Posted By: ssanderson

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 07/12/22 01:01 AM

Every three days, 15 minutes per section. Hand water flower beds and plants as needed. Water bill. Avg 120$
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Let’s kickoff summer with lawn pics - 07/16/22 02:53 AM

Nice mower thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum