Texas Fishing Forum

mildew

Posted By: crapyetr

mildew - 07/23/21 03:45 PM

my storeroom on my carport is full of mildew...is there anything i can put inside the storeroom to prevent this???
Posted By: COFF

Re: mildew - 07/23/21 04:38 PM

Got to figure out some way to pull the humidity out of the air. You can run a dehumidifier if you have power in there, or put a couple of moisture absorber packs in there like Damp Rid (lots of options on amazon).

First thing you will have to do though is clear out all the mildew already in there. Black mold is bad juju.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: mildew - 07/24/21 02:07 PM

1/2 bleach
1/2 water
Posted By: malibu6501

Re: mildew - 07/26/21 01:58 AM

Air flow.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: mildew - 07/26/21 10:22 PM

cup of bleach to 5 gal. water, use a rug dr. to apply.

do this twice letting it dry from the first one for a couple of days.

use the dehumidifier or damp rid as suggested.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: mildew - 07/26/21 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by malibu6501
Air flow.

yep, I have to leave 5 ceiling fans on here at the lodge or the air gets a bad musty smell to it.
Posted By: crapyetr

Re: mildew - 08/01/21 09:02 PM

damp rid...6x22 storeroom...no windows...don't get it...how does it turn salt into water...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: meP2too

Re: mildew - 11/19/21 03:06 AM

Moisture vapor moves though construction materials, when an interior space has no form of air conditioning the space will take on the conditions of the exterior.

When the conditions are hot and humid and then we have a cool night, condensation can occur providing the water for mold to grow. Mold takes moisture and organic materials to grow. Remove the water source and mold dies.

Adding some fans is the easiest mitigation.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum