Texas Fishing Forum

Grub worms.

Posted By: Barbers Tree

Grub worms. - 07/29/20 07:01 PM

When is the best time to put of granules for grub worms? What brand works the best?
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Grub worms. - 07/29/20 07:24 PM

Grubs are fairly easy to control. Want to apply an preventative and a curative. The preventative you want is Chlorantraniliprole - Scotts Grub Ex. I would get it down now. If you have a current infestation you want to put down Trichlorfon - Which is Bio Advance Grub Killer Plus. Make sure the label say it contains Dylox. Lowes carries it. Both products need to be watered in immediately after application.

Here is good article about it from Michigan State.

https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/how_to_choose_and_when_to_apply_grub_control_products_for_your_lawn
Posted By: Barbers Tree

Re: Grub worms. - 07/29/20 07:44 PM

Thanks Derek, I knew you would know what to use.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Grub worms. - 07/29/20 07:53 PM

The Bio Advance is in the outside garden center with the fertilizers. For some reason Lowes doesn't have it inside with the other insecticides. At least that is how it is that my Lowes.
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Grub worms. - 08/01/20 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Derek 🐝
Grubs are fairly easy to control. Want to apply an preventative and a curative. The preventative you want is Chlorantraniliprole - Scotts Grub Ex. I would get it down now. If you have a current infestation you want to put down Trichlorfon - Which is Bio Advance Grub Killer Plus. Make sure the label say it contains Dylox. Lowes carries it. Both products need to be watered in immediately after application.

Here is good article about it from Michigan State.

https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/how_to_choose_and_when_to_apply_grub_control_products_for_your_lawn

Good info Derek. I always used Triazicide but have since moved to Bayer BioAdvanced which is a much better product.
Posted By: Turf Dawg

Re: Grub worms. - 08/02/20 09:03 PM

If you use Dylox just be sure and water it in WELL like Derek said. It says it’s good for 48 hrs but in our PH and water I’ve seen studies where it is only effective for 12-18 hrs
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum