Either its crooked or your camera lens is warped

Both
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Line Domination - 07/23/20 03:30 PM

Got windy and the spray paint drifted. roflmao
Posted By: Perchy Perch

Re: Line Domination - 07/23/20 08:18 PM

Excellent. thumb

Those weeds in the street cracks. Since it's a runoff/drainage area, I blast ours with salt/vinegar every once in awhile. Not really my property but makes it look better.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Line Domination - 07/23/20 08:28 PM

I meant to weedeat it and spray it with vinegar when I mowed on Monday and completely forgot.
Posted By: Jman

Re: Line Domination - 07/23/20 09:45 PM

Strong ground game!
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Line Domination - 07/24/20 04:48 PM

roflmao My wife asked me just yesterday "why do you only cut to that line everytime?" I said because the neighbors pay to have the grass cut and that little dude gets pissed if he can't charge for that piece. roflmao
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Line Domination - 07/24/20 05:27 PM

I prefer the multi-color grass. The browns and yellows help to hide the dirt patches.

Re: Line Domination - 07/24/20 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line
roflmao My wife asked me just yesterday "why do you only cut to that line everytime?" I said because the neighbors pay to have the grass cut and that little dude gets pissed if he can't charge for that piece. roflmao

That what my wife said. Why don't you mow and take care of his side so everything looks good and the same. I had to explain to her how neighborhood line domination works and that he must be shamed. She just said whatever and went back inside.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Line Domination - 07/24/20 07:04 PM

Why don't you just go full db and just pressure wash your half of that last section of sidewalk?

Re: Line Domination - 07/24/20 07:17 PM

That's a good idea. Best part is I don't have a pressure washer but he does. I'll borrow it and only wash my side.
Posted By: MAK747

Re: Line Domination - 07/24/20 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Derek 🐝
That's a good idea. Best part is I don't have a pressure washer but he does. I'll borrow it and only wash my side.

roflmao
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Line Domination - 07/24/20 07:26 PM

That what my wife said. Why don't you mow and take care of his side so everything looks good and the same. I had to explain to her how neighborhood line domination works and that he must be shamed. She just said whatever and went back inside.

roflmao
Posted By: MAK747

Re: Line Domination - 07/24/20 08:12 PM

May want to be careful how far you take it, payback's can be h3ll.

You creating the Line of Domination
[Linked Image]
Neighbor, seeking sweet revenge, stealthy releases his army
[Linked Image]
The tables have turned
[Linked Image]
Your wife shakes her head, says whatever and and goes back inside.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Line Domination - 07/24/20 08:23 PM

That’s awesome.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Line Domination - 07/27/20 06:03 PM

Impressive!

Re: Line Domination - 08/29/20 01:06 AM

roflmao

Going hard in the paint. Late August shaming is my favorite shaming.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Roller22

Re: Line Domination - 08/29/20 02:12 PM

Great lawn, now go lift that crape myrtle. Lol

Re: Line Domination - 08/29/20 05:04 PM

Roller what do you recommend I do. I’m not much of a tree guy. I’ve been here 2 years and haven’t touched them. Looks like maybe 3 years prior someone cropped them. Which Neil rants about on a weekly bases.
[Linked Image]

Re: Line Domination - 08/29/20 07:21 PM

Lifting is pruning the lower 1/3 of the shrub. Looks to be about 12ft tall so prune off all lower limbs up to 4ft off the ground. DO NOT prune anything larger than about 1 inch diameter, just smaller diameter shoots.

What Neil is speaking of is crape murder. That is where they top the crape myrtle back to the main trunk limbs. Not good and looks horrible.

[Linked Image]

Re: Line Domination - 08/30/20 03:26 PM

Thanks Roller! I’ll do that. cheers
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: Line Domination - 08/31/20 02:27 PM

Did someone say crape murder?
Posted By: Lon Hagler

Re: Line Domination - 08/31/20 02:47 PM

Just moved to a new house, previous owners might have watered twice in 10 years. Besides water what step/s can I take to up my game and shame my new neighbors?

Re: Line Domination - 08/31/20 03:32 PM

What kind of grass do you have? If you have just moved in and haven't applied any fertilizer yet it would be a great time to have a soil test done. We're not too far from grass getting ready to shut the season and let it go into dormancy. As far north as you are you are ahead of us in that regard. You could roll with just getting some pre emergent down immediately and then again late winter. I'll need to look into you areas best timing for pre emergent. But with a soil test now you can come up with a really good game plan going into spring.

Re: Line Domination - 08/31/20 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by cocodrie
Did someone say crape murder?

roflmao

Re: Line Domination - 08/31/20 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Roller22
Lifting is pruning the lower 1/3 of the shrub. Looks to be about 12ft tall so prune off all lower limbs up to 4ft off the ground. DO NOT prune anything larger than about 1 inch diameter, just smaller diameter shoots.

What Neil is speaking of is crape murder. That is where they top the crape myrtle back to the main trunk limbs. Not good and looks horrible.

Follow up question. When should I do this trimming?

Re: Line Domination - 09/01/20 12:04 AM

Anytime they have shoots springing up from below. Overall trimming is in the late fall/winter. Sorry crepe murder.
Posted By: JavelinJ

Re: Line Domination - 09/18/20 01:06 PM

Hey Derek. Are you in the Southern Lawn Syndicates group on Fakebook?

Re: Line Domination - 09/18/20 01:15 PM

I'm not. I don't have a facebook account. is the SLS all about line domination?

Re: Line Domination - 09/19/20 12:52 PM

Re: Line Domination - 09/19/20 12:57 PM

Pro-peat?

Re: Line Domination - 09/19/20 02:32 PM

Good vids Coco. I like his Potassium recommendation. Wish I saw that more often than the guys pushing only Nitrogen ferts. Neil Sperry pushes only Nitrogen ferts and I don't always agree with it. Potassium is the 2nd most used element in turf. Nitrogen being #1. Now you don't have to rush out today and try and find a bag of SOP(Sulfate of Potash) Get a soil test done as I always say and it will tell you want you need. If you don't want to get a soil test done just go to HD and get a bag of Lesco Texas Turf 15-5-10. It's got a good amount of potassium. If you're a big user of Milorganite I would probably source out a bag of SOP and use it as my potassium source since Milor has 0 potassium in it. Potassium is important and very over looked and/or not recommended enough. Rant over.

Totally agree with his 1/2lb of Nitrogen per 1000. Even higher amounts during the peak growing season. Use whatever fert you want. In the next couple weeks I would get down some N and K. Use this calculator for your fert for your N. You'll know how much of your product to put down per 1000 to get a 1/2lb of N. Find a product that fits your budget that has a high first number(N) and a higher last number(K-Potassium) for your fall app.

We will just the Lesco Texas Turf as an example. 15-5-10. In the calculator put in 1000(or your total square footage) put in .5 for the lbs of N you want, then the N/P/K 15-5-10. You'll need 3.3lbs of Lesco per 1000 to get a 1/2lb of N.

http://agebb.missouri.edu/fertcalc/
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum