Texas Fishing Forum

Moles

Posted By: Zipster

Moles - 06/12/20 03:24 PM

I had my pool resurfaced and was filling it back up. Came out yesterday morning to turn on he water and found a mole swimming around in my pool. Never have seen one around before. How do you get rid of or prevent the from destroying your lawn?
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: Moles - 06/12/20 03:41 PM

I’m not sure about moles but when a gopher mound pops up I caddyshack him with water then wash down a handful of moth balls into the tunnel. Works well in my experience.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Moles - 06/12/20 06:28 PM

MoleMax. Spread it like fertilizer.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Moles - 06/14/20 12:08 AM

This is what I use to catch moles with. No digging, just find the active travel run and install. The only problem I have had was a spring breaking on one that was over 5 years old, called the company to order new springs and they sent me a set for free.
Mole Trap
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Moles - 06/14/20 01:52 PM

If you can afford it - https://www.molecat.com/
Posted By: fuzzion

Re: Moles - 06/14/20 07:07 PM

I've tried a few different traps and the only one that worked successfully for me is the trapline trap.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Moles - 06/15/20 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzion
I've tried a few different traps and the only one that worked successfully for me is the trapline trap.

[Linked Image]

Pease let me know you secret to using that type. I have 2 of them and never could catch a mole, tried for a couple of months and bought the double scissor type and have just about eliminated them from our 5 acres. Got one yesterday that crossed over the road from the neighbors place and started digging on ours.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Moles - 06/15/20 08:19 PM

A couple stocker trout in your pool will eat those moles right up.
Posted By: fuzzion

Re: Moles - 06/17/20 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Oldrabbit
Originally Posted by fuzzion

[Linked Image]

Pease let me know you secret to using that type. I have 2 of them and never could catch a mole, tried for a couple of months and bought the double scissor type and have just about eliminated them from our 5 acres. Got one yesterday that crossed over the road from the neighbors place and started digging on ours.

After you find a potential tunnel, place 2 traps into the tunnel, each going in opposite directions. I put landscape flags in the ends for id. Cover opening with dirt. Then poke a hole about 18" away from the trap location on each side of the traps. Keep an eye on the holes to see if they've been filled. If they're not filled in 3 or 4 days, I pull the traps and try another spot. If the hole is filled, you probable got a mole.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum