Texas Fishing Forum

Question for my landscape grass type peeps

Posted By: WAWI

Question for my landscape grass type peeps - 11/12/17 03:55 PM

I have been working on what I call operation golf course but with 2 acres it is a process. I have an area in front that is fairly high profile. It is basically matted crab grass. For years I just mowed it short. I have started treating alot more and between the pile of chemicals and the weather i think I have it all dead. I was just out messing with it and I can pretty much roll it out like a carpet right now. Should I remove now or wait till spring. My plan is to re sod that area but am thinking November in north Texas isn't the time. It's on a slop if that has any significance.

Re: Question for my landscape grass type peeps - 11/12/17 04:01 PM

I did a small area before and after so far
Posted By: crapyetr

Re: Question for my landscape grass type peeps - 11/12/17 04:22 PM

i'd leave it alone, especially since it's on a slope and will hold the soil in place and sod it in the spring...you may want to consider putting down a pre-emergent herbicide now...maybe before sodding also...somebody else help me~~~!!!~~~

Re: Question for my landscape grass type peeps - 11/12/17 04:29 PM

I put pre in September along with massive amount of crab x on front. I have also heavily sprayed with a cocktail for grassy weeds. I have alot of areas where the Bermuda is doing well since this but certain areas just don't seems to have any Bermuda left

Re: Question for my landscape grass type peeps - 11/12/17 05:20 PM

sounds like you're ready for spring and sod...i have zoysia and love it

Posted By: Jman

Re: Question for my landscape grass type peeps - 11/12/17 11:54 PM

Rake it out and put down new sod. Sooner you can get the old out and new in, better. Don’t worry about putting sod down now - it will go down green, turn brown and turn green again in spring.
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Question for my landscape grass type peeps - 11/16/17 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Jman
Rake it out and put down new sod. Sooner you can get the old out and new in, better. Don’t worry about putting sod down now - it will go down green, turn brown and turn green again in spring.

This. I sometimes put down an inch or two of 50/50 or 60/40 compost prior to laying the sod if the soil is in bad shape. No fertilizer until spring.
Posted By: lcbl75771

Re: Question for my landscape grass type peeps - 04/04/18 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: crapyetr
sounds like you're ready for spring and sod...i have zoysia and love it

Did you plant the Zoysa? Did you do the plugs or spread seeds? Is there anything you don't like about it?

Re: Question for my landscape grass type peeps - 04/04/18 05:38 PM

sod...30 pallets...love it...did not put down any pre-emergent herbicide and have little to NO weeds
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Question for my landscape grass type peeps - 05/15/18 02:04 PM

Beautiful yard, 30 pallets probably cost a pretty penny.

On the Zoysia there are 3 types, emerald, Meyer and Midwest.

Which type did you plant?

Re: Question for my landscape grass type peeps - 05/15/18 02:21 PM

don't know...they builder had it delivered from Beaumont...$150 / pallet
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum