Texas Fishing Forum

East Texas Bass N Badges 2016

Posted By: GTrigg

East Texas Bass N Badges 2016 - 01/08/16 01:43 AM

The East Texas Chapter of Bass N Badges will be having an organizational meeting for our 2016 season on Tuesday, January 26th at 6:30 PM (location TBD). For those who have not heard of us, we are a bass club for First Responders (Law Enforcement, Fire Fighters, EMS, etc.), Military, and our Supporters. Membership has grown the past two seasons and we welcome anyone who is interested in becoming a member to join us.

We have a tournament each month (February - September) with our year end "Classic" being held in October. Annual dues are $20.00 with each tournament costing $25.00 (includes $5.00 big bass) per angler. Each tournament is a team format and we give members the option of fishing with another member, a guest, or their spouse.

We fish the smaller lakes in East Texas (Hawkins, Lone Star, Gilmer, Tankersley, etc.) and will be kicking off the season at Lake Welsh in February. We allow the members to fish either Saturday or Sunday of the scheduled weekend, with the standings being announced after Day Two's weigh-in. Number of places to be paid (1st, 2nd, 3rd) is determined by number of participates.

This will be our only formal meeting of the season. We get together after each tournament for fellowship, food, beverage, and to decide the next month's venue. I encourage anyone who cannot attend this season's organizational meeting, but is still interested in our awesome bass club to contact me.

Re: East Texas Bass N Badges 2016 - 01/10/16 02:16 PM

East Texas Bass N Badges will be having our 2016 organizational meeting at the Black Kettle Cafe in Gilmer on Tuesday, January 26th at 6:30 PM. If you cannot attend this meeting, please contact me for additional information regarding our amazing bass club.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: East Texas Bass N Badges 2016 - 01/12/16 03:45 AM

This is badges only right? Have to be police, fire, EMS etc.? Just want to make sure.

Re: East Texas Bass N Badges 2016 - 01/12/16 03:09 PM

We do allow individuals who truly support first responder's efforts to join the club.
Posted By: Basser1OH

Re: East Texas Bass N Badges 2016 - 01/13/16 01:27 AM

GTrigg - Do you know if the Dallas-Ft Worth area circuit was organized? I'd like to fish with fellow first responders but the East Texas lakes ar too far away for me.

Re: East Texas Bass N Badges 2016 - 01/13/16 02:17 AM

I know they had a meeting back in the Fall, but got little response. Last I heard they had decided to hold a couple of open tournaments to gain interest, but I fear the heavy rains hampered those efforts.

I hope they get things going in the future, would love to hold a Classic at the end of the year for all chapters. If you ever have the opportunity to join us one weekend, we would sure welcome you to fish with us.
Posted By: Basser1OH

Re: East Texas Bass N Badges 2016 - 01/14/16 01:28 AM

Thanks. I will try and make one of your tournaments.
Posted By: mrider

Re: East Texas Bass N Badges 2016 - 01/25/16 02:43 AM

We will be meeting at the black kettle in Gilmer at 630 pm on January 26th.

Re: East Texas Bass N Badges 2016 - 01/26/16 01:03 PM

welcome
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum