Texas Fishing Forum

RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro

Posted By: Simmonsdlwa

RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/02/14 03:53 AM

The Ray Hubbard Bass Cub will be having our first tournament of the year Saturday February 8 on Lake Winnsboro. Here is the information -

• When: Saturday, February 8
• Where: Ramp 4890 by dam
• Time: 8:00 AM - 4:00PM
• Entry Fee: $60.00 per boat – 2 person maximum;

You MUST be an RHBC member to fish this tournament. We do not accept membership at the launch ramp, so if you want to fish this one, you will have needed to join the Club at our meeting Thursday at BPS Garland.

Registration will be at the ramp starting at 7:00 on Saturday morning. No lines in the water until 8:00. When you register you will be given a numbered domino and receipt. You will need to turn in the domino to get your fish weighed. There will be a 30 minute dead water period where no fishing is allowed at the end of the day. This is to give members time to get off the water, and the TD time to get the weigh in set up. The chip must be back in the bucket by 4:30 and weigh in will start then. See you at the ramp!

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/03/14 12:46 PM

Keep up with this post through Friday as we'll be watching the weather on this one.
Posted By: Tony S

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/03/14 01:14 PM

It looks like it will be a beautiful day of fishing.
A light wintry mix in the morning will transition to mainly light rain in the afternoon. High 46F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70%
Saturday can't get here soon enough!

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/03/14 01:21 PM

Not worried about the on the water part of the day. It's the 4 am boat trailering but I'm with you, looking forward to fishing so I'm betting on the light rain and no wintry mix.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/03/14 07:41 PM

Hoping to keep the ice in the ice chest on not on the roads. smile
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/04/14 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
Hoping to keep the ice in the ice chest on not on the roads. smile

+1
Posted By: Trickster

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/04/14 03:49 AM

Good luck to you all. Stay safe.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/04/14 04:22 AM

good luck!!!

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/04/14 01:22 PM

Heck, it looks balmy and post front blue skies for Saturday as of this morning.
Posted By: jcartwheel

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/04/14 10:15 PM

Heat Wave!!!!

flag texas

slinger
Posted By: Mulkster

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/05/14 01:01 AM

Cold weather Checklist

- Rod De-icer
- Mickey Mouse Boots
- Face Mask
- Hot beverage
- Hot hands
- Heater
- 2 insane guys to fish in cold weather
Posted By: big fish2

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/05/14 01:17 AM

You forgot to include a 100mph suit.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/05/14 02:01 AM

The jacket is optional!
I was thinking more like a speedo!! With earmuffs!!
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/05/14 02:01 AM

Waiting on an email to see if my radiation badge will be here tomorrow. If not, I'll see yall at the ramp. I'll plan on donating, and I will just enjoy being out there!
Posted By: Warren60

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/05/14 02:43 AM

Under armour
Gloves
Thermos w/hot coffee
Etc,etc,etc

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/05/14 06:03 AM

And if you're the Red Ranger, flip flops!
Posted By: Mulkey

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/05/14 12:42 PM

When people look at you and think that your crazy for fishing in the cold wet weather, is when you know that you love this sport and you will do almost anything to just get that one bite, or one fish. Know matter what anybody has to say. All I can say to them is "come join the fun at the Ray Hubbard Bass Club".

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/05/14 12:49 PM

Can I get an Amen!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Ranger Z21

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/05/14 01:45 PM

Sorry to hijack the post but our club gets to fish ole mother Hubbard on Saturday. I hope someone actually catches something to weigh. Pre fishing has been horrible at best.
Posted By: SnakeEyes

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/05/14 01:47 PM

pm sent.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/05/14 02:14 PM

did you put them on a 30 pound sack, Jay! We are counting on you!

See yall Saturday. No radiation badge yet, so I can't work in the hospital this weekend smile damn the luck smile yeah!

Now I need to work on my boat and get the graphs installed
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/06/14 05:21 AM

It's tough on her right now...water temp 42-44....and that was before three straight 25° nights with 38° days.....full though.....virtually no stumps visible so if you don't have tracks laid be careful!

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/06/14 11:51 AM

Thanks! Definitely was going to be a topic for tonight's discussion on navigating the lake. Two years ago, headed back to the weigh in with 20 lbs in the live well staying basically on the same track I took up the lake, I knocked 4 little holes in my boat hitting and running/sliding across something. Any winnings went to a deductible. Take your time folks if you don't know the lake. The first tournament of the year is not the tournament to decommission your boat for a month in the shop.

And water temp 42-44! Man this has been a long winter. Tired of it. Fish and I are having that seasonal disorder.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/06/14 02:26 PM

With the last few days weather, I would bet the surface temps will be 39-40. We saw 40 consistently last weekend on Texoma. Going to be tough! First fish to the scales wins! smile

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/06/14 03:18 PM

Stay tuned this afternoon for any weather related updates.
Posted By: GoArmy

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/06/14 03:57 PM

I am bringing the camera so we can take pics for the web site. Wear your Sunday best!
Posted By: Jerry Brown

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/06/14 04:54 PM

Side streets were a little iffy getting to Frisco this morning but I ran 65 mph up central to George Bush. Unless it gets worse, I think the meeting is a go.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/06/14 07:09 PM

I got my heater, and my anchor. ready to fish.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/06/14 10:00 PM

Meeting is on tonight in the restaurant. Roads are clearing, drive safely, but if you feel you cannot or should not make it, see you on Saturday morning. If you have not yet joined, pm one of the officers and try to catch us before 4 pm tomorrow. After that, we're likely headed East.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/06/14 10:08 PM

someone tell RedRanger it's "OK" if he misses the meeting.
Posted By: Alec Castonguay

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/06/14 10:39 PM

Goodluck guys and be safe!

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/06/14 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Simmonsdlwa
Meeting is on tonight in the restaurant. Roads are clearing, drive safely, but if you feel you cannot or should not make it, see you on Saturday morning. If you have not yet joined, pm one of the officers and try to catch us before 4 pm tomorrow. After that, we're likely headed East.

I-30 is mess, good luck and y'all travel safe
Posted By: Tony S

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/06/14 11:16 PM

Not worth the 10 points. See y'all Saturday. Stay safe.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/07/14 05:05 PM

Ttt. We are launching near the dam as in the past. See you guys in the am.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/07/14 05:14 PM

i've changed my mind about 3 times so far today, on whether I am gonna fish or not. LOL! I guess I will know by 4:30... because I have to drag my boat home and our roads are still frozen in Rowlett. LOL!

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/07/14 06:21 PM

Quit crying we are all insane its only hard water!lol see you on the water and we don't start til 8 its a gentalmens tournment just z
Saying. I just want to know who is bring the hot chocolate.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/07/14 06:44 PM

hot chocolate and topless dancers!! where's RedRanger!
Posted By: SnakeEyes

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/07/14 06:54 PM

Bass Champs just canceled their tournament.

http://www.basschamps.com/web/2014/newsletters/2-7-lbjcancel.htm

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/07/14 07:29 PM

i'll bring the tow strap so I can pull people up the ramp after it starts freezing over. no sweat.

I am not complaining, I am looking forward to fishing. I am actually loading the boat between warming up sessions in the office. lol. I will launch first and beach my boat, then I will wait until everyone has launched before I leave the ramp. I can unhook my trailer and use the strap to pull people up the ramp if needed. i originally thought I would just sit in my truck and watch movies until it got above freezing. smile

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/07/14 08:20 PM

We cancelled ours also. Road to marina and ramp iced up with more coming. Good luck to you guys. We moved the flower mound tournament to next Saturday. No reason to get anyone hurt.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/07/14 08:22 PM

We need a skeeter Ronnie in the flower mound club. You can keep red ranger lol lol

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/07/14 09:18 PM

Hill Country cancellations? We talking about Hill Country cancellations?!?! Allen Iverson and I are going fishing tomorrow.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/07/14 10:12 PM

a ton of police , fire , and ambulance's have now passed our shop in Terrell on I20.. it's sleeting and raining here. this may get worse. if the temp drops, we will be driving on ice. if it stays above 32, I think we will be fine. I want to fish bad... but dont want anyone tearing up their equipment.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/07/14 10:43 PM

Terrell has a snowstorm right now. This tourney needs to be called
Snowing at fork, too.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/08/14 01:44 AM

On 30 now near Mt Vernon. Haven't gone less than 60 pulling the boat. No one has to fish this tournament that doesn't feel comfortable. We are launching late at 8am and the forecast calls for temperatures in the high 40s. That's why we have a drop rule.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/08/14 01:46 AM

Cool deal.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/08/14 02:30 AM

If someone hits the slick stuff before daylight and wipes out it's going to be ugly.

Good luck and safe travels

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/08/14 02:43 AM

As the tournament director for the flower mound club I always worry about canceling a tournament. But then I ask myself how I would feel if someone gets hurt or killed. I would feel much worse. Be safe all and good luck. Thanks for letting me post on your thread and didn't mean to hijack it.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/08/14 02:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Ranger Z21
As the tournament director for the flower mound club I always worry about canceling a tournament. But then I ask myself how I would feel if someone gets hurt or killed. I would feel much worse. Be safe all and good luck. Thanks for letting me post on your thread and didn't mean to hijack it.

The only concern I would have would be pulling a boat on back roads that do not get a lot of traffic and will likely refreeze tonight.

A truck + a trailer + ice = not much fun!

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/08/14 03:00 AM

That was the main reason I cancelled ours.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/08/14 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Ranger Z21
That was the main reason I cancelled ours.

You made a good call, the outcome of the decision of our "powers to be" has yet to be seen.

Hopefully nobody has an accident or the ramp isn't too icy.

Texted with a friend that lives 10 min from the lake that said, "I wouldn't take that chance if I knew I was going to win!"
Posted By: PK-BASSIN

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/09/14 02:47 PM

How did the tourney go?
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/09/14 02:51 PM

I heard someone caught a cold.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/09/14 04:29 PM

The fish won yesterday.
Posted By: Jerry Brown

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/09/14 07:09 PM

Amen to that! 28 teams and 28 Zeros. But the road conditions getting to the lake were fine and the ramp didn't freeze. It's a tough call to cancel a tournament so I applaud Z21 for making that call for his club.

The funny thing is there were about 24 teams that stuck out the whole day just to see if there was any fish caught. Most stayed around for an hour or so and cut up with their friends. Noone was overtly pissed that the day sucked so bad. The fishing was worse than terrible. It was cold and cloudy most of the day. But a lot of people got to see and hang out with their buddies and make some new friends. That's what being in a club is about. Fishing with guys that like the same things you do. Hell, one of the Crawfords fished the whole tounament without his big motor. I'm really glad that everyone that came out made it out safely. For those of you that chose not to come out we missed having you and hope to see you at Sandlin in March. To the new members that joined this year I promise that we do have a few guys in the club that can actually catch a fish or two.

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/09/14 07:34 PM

I award alk of you the "polar bear club" award! Crazy arse mofo's!
Posted By: PK-BASSIN

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/09/14 07:37 PM

I really give it to you guys for getting out in those conditions and given it a shot! I was hoping to fish but our tourney got canceled, we probably would zeroed on Fork anyway, this time of year!

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/09/14 08:30 PM

The easiest part of the day was getting there and getting home. smile When we saw 39 degree water to start the day, I knew it was going to be tough, but it was ridiculous. I have to say, after last year, it's all okay. Anytime I get the chance to get together with friends and go fishing, it's all gravy. And the other part of this Club that makes me proud was after a horrible day on the water, so many guys stayed around to talk and share a few laughs. THAT is what Club fishing is all about. Thanks to everyone who made the trip and fished with us. See you at Sandlin.
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/10/14 03:43 AM

The fishing was a thrashing but it was great getting to fish with Brandon and shoot the bull with everyone else. Brandon is a class act and I appreciate the chance to share time in his boat. The best line was issued by SoCal "We threw a big party and the guest of honor failed to show up!" First tournament I have tied for first and gotten money to not catch a fish.
Posted By: GoArmy

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/10/14 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Slide_R
The fishing was a thrashing but it was great getting to fish with Brandon and shoot the bull with everyone else. Brandon is a class act and I appreciate the chance to share time in his boat. The best line was issued by SoCal "We threw a big party and the guest of honor failed to show up!" First tournament I have tied for first and gotten money to not catch a fish.

thumb
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: RHBC February Tournament is Saturday at Lake Winnsboro - 02/10/14 06:49 PM

I gotta hand it to you guys who fished. You are some hard core SOBs. flehan
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum