5/4 Pat Mayse
6/1 Ray Roberts
7/13 Holbrook
8/3 Bonham
9/7 Quitman
10/5 Hawkins
11/8 - 11/9 Classic

Entry $50 per team (including big bass)
Meetings are held the Wednesday before each tournament @ 7:30 at the Farmersville Civic Center.

www.farmersvillebassclub.com
Posted By: PK-BASSIN

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 11/20/13 11:28 PM

Can't believe Hawkins, Quitman & Holbrook are all on the schedule! Wish we were fishing Lavon, Ray Hubbard & LOP instead!!!!

I motion for a change from Hawkins to LOP right now??????
Posted By: D Thomas

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 11/21/13 01:09 AM

I've met with the elders, and they have denied your motion. LOL!!

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 11/21/13 01:20 AM

I am appealing the entire schedule at the first meeting with a new and improved schedule that has Lavon in Feb, Hubbard in April and Pines in Oct, other lakes can be moved around. We need to take Hawkins, Holbrook & Quitman off the schedule. If we fish all those east texas lakes I am going to just buy me a trailer and move next door to the next east fork club.

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 11/22/13 09:14 PM

Cat Davey any word on my motion to change Hawkins to LOP?

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 11/22/13 09:15 PM

PM Sent

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 11/22/13 09:34 PM

Motion still denied.

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 11/22/13 11:07 PM

PM Sent

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 12/06/13 04:50 AM

TTT

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 12/16/13 05:01 AM

We are an affordable, family friendly club with a great group of folks! Last year we averaged 20+ teams per tournament, and continue to grow. First meeting is 1/8 at the Farmersville Civic Center. Come check us out!

2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule

1/12 Welsh
2/2 Cypress Springs
3/2 Fork
4/6 Winnsboro
5/4 Pat Mayse
6/1 Ray Roberts
7/13 Holbrook
8/3 Bonham
9/7 Quitman
10/5 Hawkins
11/8 - 11/9 Classic

Entry - $50 per team.
Meetings are held the Wednesday before each tournament @ 7:30 at the Farmersville Civic Center.
Posted By: ClubGrinder

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 12/18/13 12:45 AM

why so many small east texas lakes why is your club not fishing Lavon and Ray Hubbard?

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 12/18/13 03:14 AM

ClubGrinder, I can speak to Lavon, as it is currently more than 12 ft. low. Our lakes are nominated and voted on by the club at our last meeting of the year, and these won. Pretty much all of these lakes are fished commonly, or at least occasionally by most North Texas bass clubs. We have a radius of I believe 125 miles that we try to stay within to cut down on costs and transit time. I have my favorites, and some that I could take or leave, but I'm sure every one else does too. Thanks for your interest.

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 12/20/13 04:41 PM

I notice other clubs in the area have Lavon on the schedule with an alternate lake as a back up. I would think with Lavon being in your home town and Ray Hubbard just next door your club would have those two lakes on the schedule each year and not drive 150 to 250 miles 10 out of 10 events. How is your voting for these lakes constructed, how do you vote?

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 12/21/13 12:56 AM

ClubGrinder,

FBC votes on each lake at the year-end meeting, they take input from each team and vote on the 3 most popular lakes for each month by a vocal ballot vote for each month. Personally, I like the way we vote you can visually see everyone's vote plus you can communicate with everyone at the meeting on trying to get a lake on the schedule for that year. I do agree with you on Lavon not being on the schedule and wish it were as well. I do believe the lake levels did affect each team from voting on Lavon. It is fishing very well though IMP and hopefully Mother Nature will bring it up for the upcoming year.

I did try very hard to get LOP on schedule since it has some of the best fishing in East Texas and great camper facilities for our core group that enjoy bringing campers to each event. My partner & I don’t camp out but I can see how this can be a lot of fun if you are into that type of thing. This is a great club for you, if you are not into camping out this is still an outstanding club as many don't camp and still show up to fish each month.

All the anglers are very friendly, easy to talk to and some serious sticks in this club as well if you are looking for some very solid competition on the club level. FBC has some of the toughest overall friendly competition I have face on club level.

FBC has been around for 23 years very laid back group of anglers and very nice people. The upcoming year will hopefully be my third year to fish with the club.

We really like and enjoy the format overall, for one, fish 7 out of 10 and qualify for the classic with great payouts thru out the year and the classic (a two day) (ea. day big bass payouts) is awesome in payouts. We normally draw on average 20 boats per tournament.

If you have any other questions you can pm me and I would be more than glad to help in any way I can. Also I can give you contact information for our officers if you would like.

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 12/22/13 04:55 AM

sounds fun but still makes no sense fish all lakes 150 to 250 miles each month you would think the votes would allow for some local lakes on your schedule

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 12/22/13 09:14 PM

I think we should drive 250 to 400 miles and start fishing Toledo Bend, Rayburn and Pines. Why do you have an issue with our schedule most clubs in the area fish a lot of lakes that are in East Texas. I do get the fact we should be fishing Lavon & Hubbard! Maybe majority of the anglers in FBC prefer East Texas Lakes! We might not be the club for you? However,there are other clubs and circuits that might fit your needs more than we do? Thank you for your interest in FBC, hopefully you can fish few of our tournaments this next season? Good luck to you!!!

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 12/22/13 09:42 PM

de

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 12/24/13 01:57 PM

violin

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/03/14 06:23 AM

ttt

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/05/14 12:05 AM

First meeting of the year is next Wednesday 1/8 7:30 @ Farmersville Civic Center.

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/08/14 04:27 AM

First meeting of the year is tomorrow 7:30 @ Farmersville Civic Center.

bannana2 woot

Farmersville Civic Center
211 Orange Avenue
Farmersville, TX

Posted By: z7x374

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/08/14 04:32 PM

Are there good number of boaters without a non boater?

Non Boater looking to join a local Bass club as a non boater.

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/08/14 11:59 PM

Z7,

I can definitely check tonight at the meeting if anyone's looking for a non boater. Also, McKinney Bass Club is a draw format. Great bunch of guys over there. www.mckinneybassclub.com I'll send you a PM after the meeting. Get with "jdamage" on here.

David

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/09/14 03:38 PM

24 teams for the opening tournament! Everyone don't forget to take your blood pressure pills, because the lake will be packed!

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/13/14 03:16 AM

Farmersville Bass Club had our first tournament of the year today on Lake Welsh. I believe there were four bass clubs fishing today along side us. Needless to say, this lake had a ton of pressure on it this weekend with at least 4 tournaments yesterday as well. Most teams had good results catching numbers, but it was a struggle to land 18" fish.

Congrats to the following teams on a tough and WINDY day..
1st Place Paty/Browning 10.70
2nd Place Scharf/Tenorio 9.12
3rd Place Sharp/Plunkett 7.46
Big Bass Honors went to Paty/Browning with a nice 4.33

Our next tournament wil be on Lake Cypress Springs on 2/2. Grab a partner and come join us! For information about our club, visit www.farmersvillebassclub.com . We look forward to fishing with you!

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/13/14 08:56 PM

Congrats to all the Winners! It was an outstaning weekend of fishing! Had a blast! Too bad all our big fish came on Saturday & Sunday we just should SLEPT in, lol. Can't wait until next month when we fish Lake of the Pines, oh wait it didn't make the schedule Cypress, Hawkins & Holbrook did instead. Dang it!!! I will just keep wishing that we make a change and add LOP, instead!! Com'on Man Really!!!!

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/14/14 12:07 AM

Farmersville Bass Club had our first tournament of the year today on Lake Welsh. I believe there were four bass clubs fishing today along side us. Needless to say, this lake had a ton of pressure on it this weekend with at least 4 tournaments yesterday as well. Most teams had good results catching numbers, but it was a struggle to land 18" fish.

Congrats to the following teams on a tough and WINDY day..
1st Place Paty/Browning 10.70
2nd Place Scharf/Tenorio 9.12
3rd Place Sharp/Plunkett 7.46
Big Bass Honors went to Paty/Browning with a nice 4.33

Our next tournament wil be on Lake Cypress Springs on 2/2. Grab a partner and come join us! For information about our club, visit www.farmersvillebassclub.com . We look forward to fishing with you!

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/21/14 02:19 AM

Are we having the tournament next Sunday, it is Super Bowl Sunday?

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/21/14 02:43 AM

Next Sunday, no. Superbowl Sunday, Yep! Go Cowboys!

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/21/14 02:48 AM

No, I meant next Sunday February 2nd, not this Sunday the 26th.

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/21/14 02:53 AM

Yep! Go Cowboys!

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/21/14 04:03 PM

Why don't we just fish Saturday the Feb 1st instead of Sunday on this one? Who do I need to talk to to find out since your not answering my question!

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/21/14 08:44 PM

We can bring it up at the meeting. I'd be all for it too.
Posted By: Kevin Sharp

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/27/14 02:28 AM

I don't think you'll get it changed. I'm not sure there are enough people in the club that care about the game.

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/27/14 05:28 AM

I'm pretty sure you are right, LOL. Maybe we can avoid it for next year..

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 01/28/14 11:33 PM

Motion to change it to Lavon, but not change the dates gonna rain all day Saturday but suppose to be nice on Sunday. Why we even fishing Cypress in January 1 or 2 fish will win it, lol!

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 02/03/14 03:35 AM

Results from today?

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 02/03/14 03:51 AM

Lol

Mimi had one for 1.09 and Chris and Cam had one for 1.08.

That's all that was caught.

3rd place money will be rolled over to the classic.

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 02/03/14 03:56 AM

Thanks Kevin! Hard get out of bed for a 1.09, glad at least a few were caught.
Glad someone on top of things. Cat Davey (D.Thomas) slacking, on posting results lol!

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 02/03/14 04:08 AM

He and most of us, were out of the water by 10. It was a miserable day.

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 02/03/14 11:43 PM

Kevin,

It's awesome we have 3rd place carrying over to the Classic, FBC has outstanding classic event and pays out extremely well. Now, we have more monies for it.

I bet it was awful! I can't believe that you fellas fished in it anyway, I figured it be hard make it until Noon anyway. I have learned over the years when to go & not go anymore. Sometime I still do it anyways, and suck it up as long as my feet and toes are good, I am good.

But, if its gusty wind, cold & rain, I am completely out!

Bottom line I always end up beign miserable and say to myself never again, lol! I am glad at least few teams caught a fish. Also, glad we have more monies towards Classic now too.

Dave and I froze our butts off in mid December in JC about 1 PM Dave & I had enough of the gusting wind and started putting toasty toes on tryn stay warm after bout another 30 minutes we had enough. woot woot woot

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 02/04/14 02:34 AM

Farmersville Bass Club had our second tournament of the year Sunday on Lake Cypress Springs. Conditions were absolutely brutal on Sunday. Enough about that, let's shake this one off!

Congrats to the following teams
1st Place Fletchall/Thompson 1.09
2nd Place Lam/Davis 1.08
3rd Place 0.0 (More $$ for the Classic!)
Big Bass Honors went to Fletchall/Thompson 1.09

Our next tournament will be on Lake Fork on 3/2. The next meeting is on 2/26 @ 7:30 at Farmersville Civic Center. Grab a partner and come join us! For information about our club, visit www.farmersvillebassclub.com . We look forward to fishing with you!

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 02/04/14 03:55 PM

Hopefully the weather is at least decent next month on Fork! Probalby 4 lbs will get you a check, lol!

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 02/05/14 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: ClubGrinder
why so many small east texas lakes why is your club not fishing Lavon and Ray Hubbard?

Wow, those results and all them miles of driving, lol, maybe ya'll put Ray Hub & Lavon on schedule next year
Posted By: Perry

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 02/05/14 10:53 PM

Wow, those results and all them miles of driving, lol, maybe ya'll put Ray Hub & Lavon on schedule next year

not sure why they don't fish those two lake..they had hubbard two years ago and brought in the heaviest sack of the year and lavon last year and I believe it was in the top 5 heavy sacks for the year ..I guess it is just to close to everyone to drive..lol

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 02/06/14 12:11 AM

\
+1

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 02/06/14 12:14 AM

Perry,

I agree with you 100%!! I really hope to see RH & Lavon on the 2015 schedule. I will vote for both of them next year.

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 02/26/14 02:23 AM

Our next tournament will be on Lake Fork on 3/2. The next meeting is on 2/26 @ 7:30 at Farmersville Civic Center. Grab a partner and come join us! For information about our club, visit www.farmersvillebassclub.com . We look forward to fishing with you!

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 02/27/14 04:39 AM

26 Teams fishing this weekend. Should be a great time if we can get the weather to cooperate!

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 03/02/14 09:11 PM

Tournament cancelled due to inclement weather today. It will count towards tournaments fished for those that entered, and the entry fees will be used for next month's tournament on Winnsboro.

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 03/03/14 05:34 PM

I would like everyone's input on rescheduling fork for later in the year? Our TD said yesterday that we can vote at the meeting on either fishing it another weekend, or moving some lakes around.

I would like to see us fish Fork some time later in the year, considering some of our options, please share your ideas or input.

A. We could remove Ray Roberts off the scheduling, considering its 7.81 low and fishing Fork in June instead.
B. Fish another supplement Sunday through out the year that fits our schedules
C. Consider removing one of the other lakes on the schedule
D. Just not fish fork this season

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 03/03/14 08:00 PM

B. or C.

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 03/03/14 11:38 PM

We had 26 teams Saturday only 2 teams have responded so far, need more input please. I want to address this before the next meeting so we have a feel on this type of circumstance. This is the second month in a row we have had this come up.

Moving forward I would like us to vote on making a change at the meeting, if we are expecting bad weather.

Last two months the weather has been very nice on Saturday and we were fully aware of the front blowing in with freezing rain and ice the next day, and nobody has brought it up to vote on.

I really feel we need to address this, please share your input! Thanks.

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 03/03/14 11:48 PM

We could fish fork on Saturday and Holbrook on Sunday in July or on the weekend we fish Quitman.

I agree it needs to be addressed in the meeting and not at the boat ramp the morning of the tournament. It's not like the weather snuck up on anyone, the forecast didn't change all week.

If you're gonna have 26 teams gas up boats and trucks and in some cases drive an hour one way, you need to fish. We could have changed weigh in to noon like we agreed on at the end of year meeting.
Posted By: Legend_Alpha_211

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 03/04/14 05:31 PM

I was at the ramp and I think a vote should have been taking by the anglers wether or not they wanted to fish all day, noon weigh in, or cancel the tourney. I would have voted a noon weigh in. If I'm going to drive over an hour I would at least like a chance to fish. I personally don't care now how it's resolved the tournament has already been canceled. I would still love to fish Fork this year though. I understand the safety aspect but a phone call should have been made to all of us on Saturday canceling the tourney if we have no say in it. But on a positive note I really enjoy this Bass Club.

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 03/05/14 04:42 PM

4 out 26 have responded, please share your thoughts on this, thanks!

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 03/05/14 04:58 PM

It is very difficult to predict the weather and the front could have stalled out and we could of fished, just very hard to say, right call made under those circumstances for all of us.

Biggest issue was this front got here a lot faster than the hourly forecast called. It was not suppose to be at freezing at 11 AM. I believe it was suppose be like 50.

Fishing until noon would have been dangerous and not very smart. At about 1030 AM it started lighting and thundering. As soon it started lighting, thundering it started raining pretty hard for a while. With the heavy fog produced by the cold air and the temp dropping quickly, we started heading in!

On the run back the surface temp was around 34 and dropping quickly. The right decision was made for our best interest. It was almost in possible to see where you were going while on pad.

We should have gotten off the water 30 minutes before. Once we pulled the boat out it was 32 degrees and by the time I got home it was 24. Not to mention the drive back in heavy rain, sleet and freezing rain. It just was not worth the risk and I will have to consider my options once I wake up the morning of the event if it happens again. But, I was already down there so we decided to go at it with the green monster. I like to live a little on the edge when it comes to the green monster but I cannot put other people in jeopardy and need to be smart under those types of circumstances. My partner was all in on going out for a while.

I have no issue with the club if they decide to go forward with fishing like on Cypress but we made the decision not to go, because of the long drive and the chance for freezing rain.

This is two months in a row we could of voted to move the event up a day or consider rescheduling.

Yes, when in doubt it is best to reschedule the invite before the ramp. But I cannot fault our officers for making that call at all. I get the fact we do not need to cancel events at the ramp, but the weather did change much faster and the decision was in our best interest.

Our decision to go out at that point was solely on us and not our TD or anyone else. I personally would not want to wear the burden of making a bad decision and somebody getting hurt due to the incoming weather.

The temperature was dropping much faster than originally anticipated.

Only reason we went out was because our boat was in the water already and we were ready to go. If we weren’t already there we would not have fished on a day like that.

If you tell Bass Anglers the events is on, we will show up no matter the condition most of the time. But a TD has to look out for the overall safety of our club and in that situation it had to be done. To me it is not about agreeing or disagreeing with anyone, my concern is our safety only.

Everyone bring your vote to next meeting on when we should fish fork!

Posted By: Legend_Alpha_211

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 03/05/14 08:34 PM

I agree with everything you're saying. No amount of money is worth a serious accident on the water or heading home from the water. Hopefully they'll get the make up right and all will be well.

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 04/01/14 03:51 PM

Meeting this week, April 3 at 7:30 pm to discuss our upcoming tournament this Sunday at Lake Winnsboro. Tournament will be on Sunday, April 6 at 6:30 AM. We've only fished 2 tournaments this year, so new members can still qualify for the year end classic! We cannot take new members at the ramp, so you will need to attend our meeting, pay your $25 membership fee, and $50 a boat tournament fee. Bring a partner and join us!

211 Orange Avenue
Farmersville, Texas

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 05/13/14 02:33 AM

Meeting on 5/28 at 7:30 pm to discuss our upcoming tournament on 6/1 at Ray Roberts. We cannot take new members at the ramp, so you will need to attend our meeting, pay your $25 membership fee, and $50 a boat tournament fee. Bring a partner and join us!

211 Orange Avenue
Farmersville, Texas

Pat Mayse Results Below:

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 05/28/14 03:35 AM

TTT

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 08/02/14 04:55 AM

Website updated with latest standings. www.farmersvillebassclub.com

Holbrook Results below:

Bonham on August 1.
Shameless photo of 8.03 from Ray Roberts in June..:)

Re: 2014 Farmersville Bass Club Schedule - 08/05/14 05:11 AM

Chris Lam and Camden Davis literally lapped the field in this derby! What a great day! Congrats guys!

Next month, Quitman!
Please check with Farmersvillebassclub.com for information. We look forward to fishing with you!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum