Texas Fishing Forum

RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th!

Posted By: SoCal Tom

RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th! - 08/08/11 07:25 AM

The Ray Hubbard Bass Club will be holding our monthly meeting this Thursday August 11th at Weekends Restaurant in Bayview Marina on Lake Ray Hubbard. The meeting starts at 7:00PM. Topics of conversation will be last months tournament on Lake Bonham, and of course we will be setting tournament hours for the Lake Athens tournament that is coming up on Saturday August 13th. We will go over the slot limit on the lake as well.

Other agenda items will be looking towards next year already. We will be discussing the RHBC Open. We will be discussing officers duties. If you enjoy the Club, you may want to think about being an officer next year. We will explain the duties of each position and the time involved. (Not as much as you think) It would be great to get some new blood in the mix next year! Of course, we will be discussing fish care (and human care) again with water temps on the lakes in the 90’s and air temps in the 100's.

As you can see, lots of items to cover so come early and stay late. Remember, if you have questions or would like to bring an idea to the table, the meeting is the place to do it. Maybe it’s just explaining a rule you are unsure of, or an event you would like the Club to participate in. Bring it up! Feel free to PM or e-mail me with any questions or for more information.

Hope to see you Thursday!
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th! - 08/08/11 01:45 PM

Blake and I will be there for a little while. Looking forward to donating to you guys this sat smile It will be a much needed break from the last 8 weeks of algebra and radiology classes!
Posted By: Doug E. Fresh

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th! - 08/08/11 07:41 PM

have to work, can't make this one...

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th! - 08/09/11 02:23 AM

Bump for the Club! smile
Posted By: GoArmy

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th! - 08/09/11 05:30 AM

I'll be there too. Need to make some club decisions so members please come on out.
Posted By: SnakeEyes

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th! - 08/09/11 12:54 PM

i will be there
Posted By: Rockie Martin

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th! - 08/09/11 01:33 PM

Where and when are you guys having your open?
Posted By: SnakeEyes

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th! - 08/09/11 01:39 PM

oct ray hubbard...http://www.rayhubbardbassclub.com/RHBC/oct.htm

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th! - 08/09/11 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Rockie Martin
Where and when are you guys having your open?

Go to the web site and check the schedule. October 8th is the date, out of Chandlers.

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th! - 08/10/11 06:08 AM

It MIGHT be below 100 degrees by then...
Posted By: Beer980

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th! - 08/10/11 12:47 PM

I will try to be there but may be late as usual.

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th! - 08/10/11 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
It MIGHT be below 100 degrees by then...

wishful thinking! we will need airboats by that time! the lake will be 10' low.
Posted By: TDR2

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th! - 08/10/11 10:03 PM

Lake Athens can be a stellar lake. Hopefully the low water levels wont affect your tournament there.
Posted By: Hitch

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th! - 08/11/11 01:29 AM

Fish it at night.
Posted By: jcartwheel

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th! - 08/11/11 03:10 AM

Hitch, besides you and me, no one else likes to fish at night. Guess they are scared of the dark or swamp monsters!!!!!
Best fishing during hot months is at night! I have caught some really good sacks in night tourneys. You do have to coincide them with the full moon for that month so you will have naturally mother nature light!
It's good to hear from you Hitch! Hope everyone is doing great!!!

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th! - 08/11/11 05:48 AM

If everyone voted to fish a night tournament I would show up, but I'm not a fan of fishing in the dark. I don't want to tie knots by a hat light and hope I was in the area I want to cast to. Give me the light of day, even though we deal with the heat.

Re: RHBC monthly meeting Thursday August 11th! - 08/11/11 10:23 PM

i am a fan of night fishing. my PB was around 2am.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum