Texas Fishing Forum

RHBC Bob Sandlin results and pictures!

Posted By: SoCal Tom

RHBC Bob Sandlin results and pictures! - 02/16/23 04:50 AM

The Ray Hubbard Bass Club held our first tournament of 2023 on Saturday February 11th on Lake Bob Sandlin. The day started out downright cold and stayed that way a large part of the day. Despite that, you can tell it was time for people to get on the water as 35 boats came out to fish with us. Water temps were mid to high 40's and fishing was hit and miss. Several teams brought good bags to the scales however and there were nine fish over 5 pounds weighed in. At the conclusion of weigh in the team of Preston Smith and David Horton ran away from the field with a huge bag of 23.23 pounds. Big bass of the tournament went to Jim Phillips and Randy Bridges with a giant that weighed 8.49. Here are full results and pictures.

[Linked Image]

The week started on Thursday night with our meeting at the Flying Fish where we had a big turnout

[Linked Image]

Mark Calhoun and Keith Green had one for 3.07

[Linked Image]

Chris and I basically wandered around lost for 8 hours. We managed to find one dumb one for 3.12

[Linked Image]

Bo Dupree and Joe Thiebaud weighed two for 3.43

[Linked Image]

Peter Husser weighed two for 3.98

[Linked Image]

Jeremy McLeroy and Tim Clark had two for 4 and change

[Linked Image]

Clark Crenshaw and Chris Lewis with two for 4.47

[Linked Image]

Cade Connor fished his first ever tournament with his Dad Mike Kizer and weighed two for 5.30

[Linked Image]

Joe and John Coursey fished their first RHBC tournament and weighed three for 7.34

[Linked Image]

Josh Mulkey fishing with a hobbled Tim Havins had two for 8.13 that included a nice 5.83

[Linked Image]

Brian Brooks and Steve Parrish had three for 9.17 that included a 5.06 kicker

[Linked Image]

Ryan Culhane and Noah Hernandez had three for 9.51

[Linked Image]

Their bag was anchored by a 6.32 hawg

[Linked Image]

Re: RHBC Bob Sandlin results and pictures! - 02/16/23 05:08 AM

Nice to have Jeff Cartwright back in the fold! He weighed four for 9.74

[Linked Image]

David Choate and Danny Farrell had three for 12.35 anchored by a 5.51

[Linked Image]

Tournament Directors Eugene McBride and Tyler Austin had a nice limit for 14.46 to get sixth place

[Linked Image]

Fifth place went to Tony and Stacie Crawford with five for 14.95

[Linked Image]

Their kicker fish weighed 6.16

[Linked Image]

Fourth place went to Pete Brandt and Scotty Taylor with a limit for 15.78

[Linked Image]

Their big one went 6.44!

[Linked Image]

Third place went to long time RHBC vets Jim Phillips and Randy Bridges with five for 16.78

[Linked Image]

Their bag included big bass of the tournament, this 8.49 toad

[Linked Image]

Second place went to the always dangerous team of Vince Burt and Mark Werner with four that weighed 18.17. And yes, there was one that got away...

[Linked Image]

They just missed on big bass. Their kicker was an 8.31 monster

[Linked Image]

Here are your winners! Preston Smith and David Horton kicked sand in our faces with this giant bag that went 23.23

[Linked Image]

The winning bag was anchored by a 6.70 big bass. Well done boys!

[Linked Image]

Thanks to Chris for doing livewell checks! Thanks to Eugene and Tyler for doing a great job with their first weigh in. Thanks to Garrett Browne for keeping the money straight. Thanks to everyone for coming out! Our next tournament is on Saturday March 11th on Lake O' The Pines going out of the Cedar Springs ramp. If you want to come fish with us, you'll need to come to the meeting on Thursday March 9th at Flying Fish in Garland. Hope to see you there!
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: RHBC Bob Sandlin results and pictures! - 02/16/23 04:44 PM

Great finish to the champs! I think we followed the same path as Chris and Tom ! We struggled just to get bit. Without prefishing we were lost, and fished about two weeks ahead of the fish. Too shallow! Reiterated to me why I prefish. Good refresher lesson for myself. Lol

Re: RHBC Bob Sandlin results and pictures! - 02/19/23 10:43 PM

Updated results with big bass points added. It's my first tournament of the year too...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum