Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Anglers 5 fish limit results from 4.9.21 out of the SRA Park

Posted By: Bruce Allen

Lake Fork Anglers 5 fish limit results from 4.9.21 out of the SRA Park - 04/08/21 10:16 PM

What a great day to be on Lake Fork. Fairly light winds, some sun but not overbearing. The lake was full of anglers. And the bass were spawning in some areas. Can it get any better? The boater I went with said we would be "bed fishing" all day long. I like to "sight" fish. The difference on how we do it is after catching and measuring the bass we release them on the spot as opposed to tournaments where the fish are put in live wells and taken miles away from their spawning beds to be weighed. Some will never return.
However that is how "our" sport is conducted for the most part and we do not condemn them.

All fish 10" and up are keepers. Only the best 5 count.

Boaters

First Place went to Randy Bunch of Lake Fork with 5 bass for 19.39 LB. with the 5.28 LB boater lunker tie
.Second Place went to Bob Roberts of Longview with 5 bass for 10.68 LB. with a 4.68 LB Lunker
Third Place went to Jack White of Farmers Branch 6 bass for 9.85 LB. with a 3.02 LB Lunker
Fourth Place went to Robert Gaylor of Lake Fork with 6 bass for 9.26 LB with a 3.31 LB Lunker.
Fifth Place went to Tim Gold of Mineola with 4 bass for 6.02 LB with a 3.62 LB lunker
7th Place Terry Thompson of Sulphur Springs tied on the 5.28 LB boater lunker.
Co-Anglers

First Place went to Bruce Allen of Lake Fork with 3 bass for 12.12 with the co-angler lunker of 4.13 LB mainly on a drop shot.
Second Place went to Gary Gilmore of Ennis with 6 bass for 9.69 LB with a 2.61 LB lunker..
Third Place went to Jackie Price of Alba with 3 bass for 5.12 LB. with the lunker of 2.49 LB.
Fourth Place went to Jimmie Bright of Frisco with 1 bass for 3.02 LB.
Fifth Place went to Scott Powell of Lake Fork with 2 bass for 2.19 LB with a 1.63 LB lunker.

We caught 59 keepers today with 4 anglers skunking again.

The LFA fishes every Thursday except T-Day and Christmas on 2 different formats. A 5 fish limit we call LFA and a MLF style format where every fish counts we call Hard Core, 3 special tournaments and an end of year dinner. We are a club of 54+ seniors (Mostly) and are very liberal on members being for off vacations and medical issues. Even though we are practicing social distancing and wearing masks, we have about 20 sitting out from Covid exposure,

Right now we are looking for more co-anglers. Bring your face mask, tackle and life vest and get to go out on Lake Fork for far less than you'd pay for a guide.
For information e-mail me at sjbasser@gmail.com. Call 903-440-2797 You can check out our website at www.bassfin.com/

Last edited by Bruce Allen; 4/9/21 5 PM.

Lake Fork Anglers Four Times A Month Daytime Thursday Tournaments
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Lake Fork Anglers 5 fish limit results from 4.9.21 out of the SRA Park - 04/08/21 10:24 PM

sorry I guess I posted this on the wrong board.
Posted By: Igofish2

Re: Lake Fork Anglers 5 fish limit results from 4.9.21 out of the SRA Park - 04/08/21 10:32 PM

Plus you can see into the future.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum