Texas Fishing Forum

RHBC August Tournament! Saturday August 8th - Lake Fork!

Posted By: SoCal Tom

RHBC August Tournament! Saturday August 8th - Lake Fork! - 08/03/20 12:28 AM

The Ray Hubbard Bass Cub will be having our fifh members only tournament of 2020, Saturday August 8th on Lake Fork Here is the information -

• When: Saturday August 8th
• Where: Lake Fork - Popes Landing - $3.00 Launch fee
• Time: 5:00 AM - 1:00 PM
• Entry Fee: $60.00 per boat - 2 person maximum

You MUST be an RHBC member to fish this tournament. To join the Club since we are not having a meeting please follow the procedures in the following link

Membership Procedures

Registration procedures Tournament morning

I will be set up at the pavillion. Chris will be there checking livewells. Please keep your distance between each other in line to register. We would like you to wear a mask but it is up to you. I will be wearing a mask. Bring exact change if possible and place the cash directly in the money bag after showing it to me. After you have paid I will direct you as to what chip is yours and you remove it from the board. After registration and live well check, you can launch your boat or trailer to a ramp of your choice and go to your first spot. The board will remain at the pavillion at Pope's. You will turn in your chip there at the end of your day. Your chip must be on the board by 1:30 or you will be charged a .5 pound per minute penalty. After 15 minutes your weight is marked as a 0

Weigh in procedures

We will be calling you up in much smaller groups. Please wear your buff over your face or a mask and keep your distance from the person in front and behind you. After you weigh in, I’ll have you take your masks down for pictures. We will keep teams apprised of what the cutoff weight is to get a check and I would say if you are not in the running, please pack up and head for home and your wonderful air conditioning. If you would like to stay and watch weigh in please keep some distance between each other under the pavillion. Remember the slot at Lake Fork is 16-24 inches! Any fish deemed in the slot by the Tournament Director will not be weighed. All decisions by the Tournament Director are FINAL.

Leave your fish in the live well until your number is called! Keep the water cooled and treated and your fish healthy! It's going to be 100 degrees so do the same thing for you and your partner! See you at the ramp!
Posted By: forkduc

Re: RHBC August Tournament! Saturday August 8th - Lake Fork! - 08/04/20 06:39 PM

Good luck and stay safe !

Re: RHBC August Tournament! Saturday August 8th - Lake Fork! - 08/06/20 12:14 PM

Last day for new members to signup is Friday at 6:00. Weather: Sunny, with a high near 97. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Going to be HOT folks. Be glad we're starting and quitting early. Start drinking water today!

Re: RHBC August Tournament! Saturday August 8th - Lake Fork! - 08/07/20 05:11 PM

Don't forget this is a summer hours tournament! Registration starts at 4:00AM! First cast is 5:00. Lines out at 1:00 and chip on the board at 1:30. You'll thank us walking in the cool house about 3:00... grin

Re: RHBC August Tournament! Saturday August 8th - Lake Fork! - 08/09/20 03:41 AM

41 boats came out to fish in the August heat today. Fishing was pretty tough for most but there were three overs brought to the scales today! The day was won by Tommy Climer and Michael Yates who had a limit weighing 14.66 and also big bass with the biggest of the overs of 8.88. Full results and pictures will be posted later this week.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: RHBC August Tournament! Saturday August 8th - Lake Fork! - 08/09/20 07:09 PM

Nice turnout for a hot day!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum