Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Anglers Hard Core (MLF Format) Results for 12.19.19

Posted By: Bruce Allen

Lake Fork Anglers Hard Core (MLF Format) Results for 12.19.19 - 12/20/19 12:16 AM

It has been cold for the last several mornings and this morning was no difference, We started out with the temps at 28 degrees but no wind. Water temps down another 5 degrees since last week to 53. Lake down another 1/2 foot. We need rain.

Hard Core is what we call this tournament, but it follows the Major League Fishing format where every fish you catch over 10" counts. With Lake Fork partitioned into three sections and the section rotates each week throughout the year.Today section 2 was scheduled. LFA Members will qualify for the semi-final in November by catching 6 lb. and attending at least 6 tournaments. Or fish 80% of the tournaments.

Boaters Results

1st place went to Tim Gold of Mineola with 7 bass for 17.99 LB with the boater lunker of 3.95 LB lunker caught on a drop shot.
2nd place went to Jack White of Farmers Branch with 6 bass for 10.68 LB with a 2.49 lunker.
3rd place went to Don Overstreet of Sulphur Springs with 5 bass for 4.81 LB with a 1.72. LB lunker .
4th place went to Dennis Bubinas of Lake Fork with 2 bass for 3.57 LB with a 2.81 LB lunker.
5th place went to Bill Ailes of Sulphur Springs with 1 bass for 1.82 LB

Co-Angler Results

1st place went to Gary Paris of Quitman with 2 bass for 6.95 LB with the co-angler lunker of 5.18 LB caught on green pumpkin craw.
2nd place went to Charlie Arnold of Lake Fork with 2 bass for 4.87 LB with a 2.74 lunker caught on a drop shot ..
3rd place went to Bob Lambert of Lake Fork with 2 bass for 3.07 LB with a 2.36 LB lunker.
4th place went to Tom Thompson of Alba with 2 bass for 2.83 LB with a 1.54 LB lunker.
5th place went to John Berech of Garland with 2 bass for 2.58 with a lunker of 1.37 LB

The guys caught 32 keepers today and there were 4 skunks.

The Lake Fork Anglers fish every Thursday throughout the year except Thanksgiving and Christmas on 2 different formats. Members are required to fish at least 4 of the Hard Core or 4
of the points tournaments to maintain membership. Dues is $5 a year and tournaments are $15. Go the www.bassfin.com to view our website to read our rules and view results. E-mail to sjbasser@gmail.com or call 903-440-2797 for info.
Posted By: z7x374

Re: Lake Fork Anglers Hard Core (MLF Format) Results for 12.19.19 - 12/27/19 09:49 PM

Would love to fish with yall, how do I join? Can i just bring membership money the morning of the tournament? I'm not local so I would not be able to make a meeting unfortunately
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lake Fork Anglers Hard Core (MLF Format) Results for 12.19.19 - 12/28/19 12:16 AM

gary paris as a co-angler,... roflmao
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Lake Fork Anglers Hard Core (MLF Format) Results for 12.19.19 - 12/28/19 04:25 PM

Why would you not be able to come to our meetings? Just kidding, but our meeting are held after fishing at the Minnow Bucket.

Our cub is made up of mostly seniors and a few younger guys who are able to fish on Thursdays.

As described on the TFF club site we fish every Thursday on two different formats. Our annual dues is $5 and tournaments are $15, but all kick in the extra $5 for the 100% lunker payback.
Co-Anglers must give their boater $20 at registration for gas money. (I filled my truck and boat after last Thursdays tournament and it was $102.00 for the last 4 trips.)

Boaters and co-anglers contact John Berech at 214-930-6197 to get on the boat seating list prior to the next tournament. You can fish with us the first time for free, but you cannot win anything. You still must pay the boater fee. Or you can pay the full fee and if you are in the money you will get it. I cannot tell you how many times a new member wins money in their first tournament.

This is a paper club. We catch the fish, measure them, record the length and throw them back. The paper slips are brought into the marina at the end and inches are converted to pounds to determine the winners. We always have two anglers in a boat to verify the length, for safety, and to learn techniques, baits and spots. Fishing with us will definitely improve your fishing and casting accuracy.

You can go the www.bassfin.com/ to find our website. On there is our rules and results. If you look back a few weeks on the bass page of a post that Gary Paris made about our club and my comments to a guy named Jeff from Iowa about the big bass we caught in 2019 which ended at the end of November. There were a lot of big fish caught but that is typical results for every year. IN 2018 we caught 2 ten's.
On the same day, both in 20' ten miles apart. At Fork you just never know.

Call John to get started.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum