Texas Fishing Forum

RHBC Tawakoni2 results and pictures!

Posted By: SoCal Tom

RHBC Tawakoni2 results and pictures! - 10/23/19 03:38 AM

The Ray Hubbard Bass Club held our ninth and last members only tournament of 2019 on Saturday, October 12th at Lake Tawakoni. The weather was chilly in the morning but turned sunny and warm and unlike most every tournament we have fished on Tawakoni in the last several years winds were light to calm and made getting around easy. 32 boats came out to play and the fishing was very good even with the blue bird skies. 17 limits were brought to the scales. The winning bag was brought in by Chris Atkinson and myself. Our five weighed a stout 20.39 anchored by a 4.93. Big bass went to the team of Kevin Scott and Ty Dyess who brought a 7.61 toad to the scales. Here are full results and pictures.

[Linked Image]

What would an RHBC meeting or tournament be without Bryce Glick's two best friends Shiner and Shadow!

[Linked Image]

Who says you can't get Stan Browning to stop for a picture...

[Linked Image]

Robert Hitt and John Bruner had one for 3.02

[Linked Image]

Chris Lewis had three for 6.54

[Linked Image]

Gary Cooper was almost a match with three for 6.59

[Linked Image]

Preston Smith and David Horton weighed in three for 6.72

[Linked Image]

Mark Calhoun and Keith Green had three for 6.92

[Linked Image]

Josh Mulkey and Jason Hadley had three for 7.13

[Linked Image]

Joseph Tulley and Shane Garber had two fish for 7.32

[Linked Image]

Re: RHBC Tawakoni2 results and pictures! - 10/23/19 03:51 AM

Vince Burt and Mark Werner weighed a limit for 9.29

[Linked Image]

Dale Rettman and Kelly Millhollon had five fish for 9.33

[Linked Image]

Russell Olds and Arturo Murga had three for 11.46 that included a 5.10 kicker

[Linked Image]

Brian Brooks and Steve Parish weighed five for 11.53

[Linked Image]

Dennis and Damon Machost had a limit for 11.55 and Dennis seems to be holding a sixth keeper

[Linked Image]

Michael Parkes and James Perry partnered up and weighed a limit of 12.87

[Linked Image]

David Mulkey and Tommy Yates weighed in five for a lucky 13.00

[Linked Image]

Tanner McMillan and Lane Martin had a limit for an even luckier 13.13

[Linked Image]

RHBC Treasurer Cameron Laing and Patrick Sharp with a top 10 finish weighing 14.02

[Linked Image]

Ronnie Manning fished with our old friend Capp Peace and weighed five for 14.30 with a 4.30 included

[Linked Image]

Re: RHBC Tawakoni2 results and pictures! - 10/23/19 04:08 AM

Brig Norwood and Tony Bryant weighed five good ones for 14,72

[Linked Image]

Paul Spann and Bill Gammons have been on a late season roll and just missed another in the money finish with 14.84

[Linked Image]

Finishing sixth were Tommy Climer and Michael Yates with a good bag weighing 15.39 which included a 4.66

[Linked Image]

Finishing fifth and completing a really good 2019 season were Clark Crenshaw and Roddy Bieber. Their limit weighed 15.86

[Linked Image]

Finishing fourth with an outstanding sack of 17.30 were Paul Villarreal and Joe Ruiz

[Linked Image]

Putting a cap on their year are the 2019 RHBC Anglers of the Year Adam Vesely and Taylor Gauntt. They finished third weighing in five for 17.66 that included a 4.97 kicker

[Linked Image]

Finishing second was the team of Kevin Scott and Ty Dyess with a great bag of 17.98

[Linked Image]

Their bag included big bass of the tournament. This beast tipped the scales at 7.91

[Linked Image]

Here are your winners! Chris Atkinson and myself had a great day weighing in a limit of 20.39 to take home the honors

[Linked Image]

We did not have any giants, but these two were clones, each just under 5 pounds

[Linked Image]

Thanks to Chris Atkinson for doing live well checks. Thanks to Paul Spann and David Choate and Chris again for weighing fish and recording weights. Thanks to Cameron Laing for taking care of the money part. Thanks to everyone who came out and fished. We have two big events left in the RHBC season. Our Fish For A Cure tournament benefiting the American Cancer Society is Sunday October 27th on Lake Ray Hubbard! Full details can be found in the bass fishing section. The RHBC Club Championship is November 9-10 on Lakes Cypress Springs and Bob Sandlin. You had to qualify to fish this one. If you need your community event, you need to plan on being at FFAC! See everyone there!
Posted By: 007.

Re: RHBC Tawakoni2 results and pictures! - 10/24/19 02:49 PM

Congrats to Chris and Tom! I am always impressed by the big sacks with no giants. Just a solid bag of 4 and 5 pounders. Great Job!
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: RHBC Tawakoni2 results and pictures! - 10/25/19 07:28 PM

Sounds like a good day on T-Wok, congrats Tom and Chris! Didn't you dislike T-Wok awhile back Tom? A little success goes a long way and I know y'all have put in the time.

Re: RHBC Tawakoni2 results and pictures! - 10/25/19 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Slide_R
Sounds like a good day on T-Wok, congrats Tom and Chris! Didn't you dislike T-Wok awhile back Tom? A little success goes a long way and I know y'all have put in the time.

No. it's always been one of my favorite places to fish. Cedar Creek used to be number 1 on that list but I've made my peace with it. Now Roberts?? Roberts is a toilet. roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum