Texas Fishing Forum

Betty’s last cast

Posted By: planoracer

Betty’s last cast - 06/09/19 05:54 PM

Betty Jean (Taylor) Bowen my wife of 59+ years passed away June 6.She was a longtime member of the Irving Bass Club and helped with the registration at our Open Tournaments.
Betty loved fishing and back in the day,would sit for hours on the banks of Clear Creek a tributary of the Little Miami River.We lived in Newtown Ohio where we both grew up.We moved to Texas in 1977 following a job transfer by my employer.
After joining the Irving Bass Club, she wanted a bass boat and truck to pull it.As a result, owned 5 bass boats but I got only one truck.
She suffered from chronic back problems and had several surgeries in an attempt to live pain free.
A 2005 chest X-ray revealed a cancerous tumor which was removed by a lobectomy.
She decided to have a risky spinal fusion operation in 2017 followed by lengthy rehabilitation.
In 2018 we got the news that the cancer had returned but was inoperable due to her weakened condition.

Attached picture EA4F9F3A-54D7-4CF2-890A-0B057FF7E9B9.jpeg
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Betty’s last cast - 06/09/19 06:19 PM

So sorry for your loss sir, may God bless you as you grieve. Blessing on you and your family. angel
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Betty’s last cast - 06/09/19 06:23 PM

angel

So sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Betty’s last cast - 06/09/19 07:20 PM

Wow. 59 years. That’s awesome.

Sorry to hear they ended so soon.

Blessings to you and your family.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Betty’s last cast - 06/09/19 07:47 PM

she's fishing the clear streams and lakes in HEAVEN. Prayers sent to you and your family.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Betty’s last cast - 06/30/19 02:31 AM

Very sorry for your loss.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum