Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Anglers F-4 Team Competition Results from 4-5-18 out of the Minnow Bucket

Posted By: Bruce Allen

Lake Fork Anglers F-4 Team Competition Results from 4-5-18 out of the Minnow Bucket - 04/06/18 12:22 AM

LFA fishes a team competition once a month. All of our tournaments, on the other Thursdays daytime during the month are draw. Members are always fishing with someone new thereby getting the opportunity to learn many techniques, baits, and places. We are are not capped and are always looking for new members to join our other 50+ mostly seniors.

Each team counts their best 10 fish caught between them. Of course all of the fish caught are measured on a Chek it Stik, recorded and then released. No fish are retained unless someone were to catch a SAL which has never happened.

While members catch a fair share of Lake Fork overs, that is fish over 24", most of the bass are of normal size. For us everything 10" and over counts. Some days a little bass is what saves your day.

Same as last month...On Thursday it started out cold with high winds and never really warmed up. But then no one got skunked either. Todays fish were caught mainly on c-rigs, drop shots and chatter baits. We found no fish on beds anywhere.

Bob Roberts and Charlie Abresch were first with 16.76 on 6 bass anchored by Charlie's lunker of 4.68 lunker.
Rick Green and John Womack were second with 13.94 on 7 bass anchored by John's 3.78 lb lunker
Randy Steele and Mac McDaniel were third with 8.47 on 4 bass anchored by Randy's 2.25 LB. lunker
Galen Smith and Gene Shoemaker were fourth with 8.42 on 5 bass anchored by Gene's 2.36 LB. lunker
Bruce Allen and Charlie Arnold were fifth with 6.95 on 3 bass anchored by my 3.46 lunker.

Starting in May the 5th Thursday will still be a Major League Fishing format but we will fish it as teams on a trial basis.

LFA Members must fish 8 regular tournaments during the year in order to qualify for the Team Championship, and the Major League Fishing Championship.

For info on joining the Lake Fork Anglers PM me on here or e-mail me at Sjbasser@aol.com.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum